4.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Lexkan

Apr 26, 2022
Unofficial Android Port [Chapter 2]
(With German & Spanish Translation)

Download:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Android Port By Naxle
German Translation By Agent0815
Spanish Translation By LokiStark
Update - Chapter 2

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
even with subpar hardware there's literally no excuse to not be able to churn out decent renders of very good quality, it just takes time.
Believe me, it's easier said than done. :cry:
For example, I don't have an Nvidia GPU and render using my Ryzen 7, I have to use pretty much every possible trick to speed up render times and I render in 720p.
After half an hour, I still get noisy renders. c3pr1.png

I could try and let the render cook for more, but the quality/time spent ratio goes down a cliff pretty quickly.
So I'm forced to use an external program+photoshop to get rid of the noise, at the cost of losing details and sharpness.

c3pr1_i.png

One day I'll be able to afford an Nvidia GPU and I'm going to redo the entire game in 1080p. I'm saving every single render as a scene on an external drive just for that :ROFLMAO:

Also, I suck at lighting things up properly, but I swear I'm trying to learn!

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
For example, I don't have an Nvidia GPU and render using my Ryzen 7, I have to use pretty much every possible trick to speed up render times and I render in 720p.
After half an hour, I still get noisy renders. View attachment 3479023

I could try and let the render cook for more, but the quality/time spent ratio goes down a cliff pretty quickly.
So I'm forced to use an external program+photoshop to get rid of the noise, at the cost of losing details and sharpness.

View attachment 3479026

One day I'll be able to afford an Nvidia GPU and I'm going to redo the entire game in 1080p. I'm saving every single render as a scene on an external drive just for that :ROFLMAO:

As I said...it takes time....time that is probably not worth spending....when it can be spent on extra renders that are 'good enough'. I've also never knocked your renders, I think they are fine and suit your story perfectly. As I said earlier, I think Ocean quality renders just wouldn't suit the story you're telling and the way you tell it personally.

Curious though, what are you using to reduce noise? If you wanted to send me a couple of test renders I can denoise them for you (without losing quality) and send them back and you can compare them (I could even resize them to 1080 for you without image loss). I'm more than happy to help out if you'd like to consider it and ior pass on some tips. Been in this for 20 years heh, daz and P'shop are no strangers to me...neither is denoising/resampling/sizing images. Feel free to Dm if you wish to chat etc.

Last edited:

SexyShelly

Jul 22, 2023
After half an hour, I still get noisy renders. View attachment 3479023

View attachment 3479026

Your renders are fine, don't let people make you worry about them, what your doing after rendering within photoshop to denoise is what most devs already do even with better gpu's

Daz has a denoiser and firefly remover built in, it helps if that turned on, but, a lot of the times, it's quicker to denoise in photoshop, saves a lot of time, same with resizing within photoshop, they are all easy and quicker, you can resize to 1440 or even higher from 720 without loosing any quality to your renders just in photoshop itself with little hassle without the use of AI
Render10 copy.png
we34 copy.png
Screenshot 2024-03-26 012336.png

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
it's quicker to denoise in photoshop, saves a lot of time, same with resizing within photoshop, they are all easy and quicker, you can resize to 1440 or even higher from 720 without loosing any quality to your renders just in photoshop
There are far better programs than Photoshop for this...far quicker too.

HanakoXVN

Dev | Actual Roommates
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Curious though, what are you using to reduce noise?
The intel denoiser. I tried the Topaz AI stuff but it always either left some noise behind or created weird artefacts, especially around the eyes.
I'll shoot you a DM when I get back to working on the game.

Your renders are fine, don't let people make you worry about them
Oh I don't need other people to make me worry about them, I do plenty of that myself.
And it's not a bad thing, I want to improve and not get complacent, so I appreciate it when people have tips or genuine criticism that I can learn from.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Enjoying the game so far, few grammar niggles because I'm a pedantic fuck.

"A little bit carryed away" should be "a little bit carried away"
"From the moment I've seen you" should be "From the moment I saw you"

Those were the only things that stood out to me.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Enjoying the game so far, few grammar niggles because I'm a pedantic fuck.

"A little bit carryed away" should be "a little bit carried away"
"From the moment I've seen you" should be "From the moment I saw you"

Those were the only things that stood out to me.
eh it's minor stuff... I'd usually post this on the dev's discord but I don't see one linked here

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It's in my signature. Btw the proofreader actually caught those, but for some reason I missed her corrections so if you do point those out she'll yell at me. A lot.
gotcha, but you should add it to the OP ;) I do some "proofreading" on my own time occasionally, my best experience is about the gender of a fucking cat, I swear she(he?) changed genders 10 times in one update :ROFLMAO:

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
It's in my signature. Btw the proofreader actually caught those, but for some reason I missed her corrections so if you do point those out she'll yell at me. A lot.
I don't really Discord too much, I prefer to keep that separate. It's good your proofreader caught it though, but it's always nice to have an extra pair of eyes I feel.

Other than that, everything seems good, I enjoyed the game so far, and I'm looking forward to the next update.

4.90 star(s) 8 Votes