Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It's neither of those. Temperatures are stable within the 60-65°C range while rendering, both SSDs have over 300gb of empty space and use CCleaner regularily.
just make sure to back up your stuff regularly (preferably to something not in your PC), other devs lost significant chunks of their work to storage failure, and recovery is a bitch

Joint311

Jul 13, 2022
just make sure to back up your stuff regularly (preferably to something not in your PC), other devs lost significant chunks of their work to storage failure, and recovery is a bitch
it could be a power supply issue or a damaged graphics card but if it was a the graphic card the pc would crash but it wouldn't shutdown on it's own... could also be a damaged cpu fan, pc won't overheat but it will get to a point where it crashes. also is he running win 10 or 11?

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
New Patreon devlog :love:

As usual, for those with better things to do: new work schedule lets me work more efficiently, good progress has been made.

Did you know that a +1 Extreme Speed, Life Orb, Tera Normal Dragonite with Helping Hands is a guaranteed 2HKO against a bulky Incineroar?
Why do I know this? 'Cause this week I changed my work schedule and I've been playing some Pokèmon while rendering.
c4os3_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg
For those worried about the dire state of my rig, proposed solutions and even reached out to get some updates, relax!
I changed both banks of RAM and, after a clean DAZ reinstall, the crashes have stopped. The general slowness persists while rendering, but it's fine, I can work around slow.
So what's the state of the update? It's going pretty well, all things considered. So well, in fact, that for the first time in over a month I took a day off today to just do nothing.

I set myself some goals to meet in terms of numbers of renders for the week and I crushed those goals. The current render count is 634 out of the projected 800 (more on this later).
But how? How did I get MORE work done than normal with a PC in worse conditions? New schedule!
c4s4r51_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg
Instead of working in the afternoon and evening on the scenes that will be rendered during the night, I worked in the morning, rendered those scenes in the afternoon, then worked again in the evening and rendered those scenes, plus those that were left over from the afternoon, during the night.
I don't know if this schedule is sustainable, I had a pretty "empty" week, but I'll try to use as much as I can.

Now, what follows is light spoilers for Chapter 4, so you might want to close the tab here if you don't wanna see anything.
For the rest of you, here's a simple graph of Chapter 4:
ch4 tree.jpg
This is a tree of the story/scenes progression of the chapter. The ones with a green dot are fully rendered, while yellow dots mean that I'm not 100% satisfied and either needs more work or potentially a rewrite (in Jess' case).
As you can see there's a lot of green. I'm mostly set on what the "unrendered" scenes are going to be, except for 2:
- Jessica was supposed to have a sort of mini-date, but this update is taking a long time and the pacing is already wonky as fuck, so I might just set it up and have it proper in the next chapter, maybe with more character development.
- Sarah's date.

Sarah's date is the big creative roadblock I'm facing with this chapter. I went through and wrote several ideas, but none of them left me satisfied. This is the big challenge I'll have to face next week but, once I'll overcome it, it'll (hopefully) be all smooth sailing from there.
c4as16_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg
See ya next week!

-------------------

Okey some extra ending ,but for real tho why wouldn't you go for the harem route :mad:

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

Usual TL;DR: I'll be done with rendering at the start of next week. Had to rewrite some things but that didn't take too much time.

Happy Friday everyone! Remember when I said that I wanted the chapter to have around 700 renders? Then maybe I'd need to bump it up to 800?
screenshot1.jpg
So yeah... considering I still need to do one sex scene and the 2 end scenes, It's very likely that chapter 4 it's going to exceed 900 renders. For context, that's like chapter 1 and 2 combined.
But I'm getting very close to be done with rendering. Hopefully I can get a lot of work done this weekend and begin coding on Tuesday/Wednesday.
c4s7mov3_Camera.jpg
I "lost" a day and a half of work because I threw out a few things and rewrote a couple of parts. Without spoiling too much, there was a now deleted scene (that you'll be able to see on the Discord server once the chapter has been released) that was a real gut-punch and while it made sense for it to be there, I simply didn't like it.
c4s7r15_Camera_i.jpg
One of my design goals was to never punish the player and while the scene that was cut was not a punishment in the long run, it would have made the player feel bad for their actions and, even
worse, it didn't give them a warning that that outcome would've been a possibility.
c4s5r7_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg
So I simply took the L and removed it from the script, shuffled things around and kept the drama relegated to the "corpo" storyline.

Anyway, I'm done rambling. I'll see you next week with, hopefully, a potential release date for the chapter and some more rambling about the future of the game (don't worry, nothing bad, I just want to explain my vision for the progression of the story in the second half of the game).

See ya!

-------

:love:

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

Usual TL;DR: Chapter will be released next week at the latest. Coding is almost done.

Happy Friday! Last week I promised y'all a chat about the future of the game, but first, let me bring you up to speed on how the development of current chapter is going.
c4s6r41_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg
I've been coding non-stop since Tuesday afternoon. I'm not the fastest coder (and frankly I kinda suck at it), so as of today I haven't finished yet. I plan on finishing tomorrow, then I'll send the script to Luna for proofreading.
She's probably got better stuff to do than reading my crap (also the script is kinda massive compared to the previous chapter), so I don't know when she'll be done.
Then it'll come the playtesting, which, again, I don't know how long it'll take with so many different paths to play through.
My aim is to release next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, unless something goes catastrophically wrong.
c4end4_ISpeed Lights Light Camera.jpg
With that out of the way, let's talk a bit about the future of the game. But, to do so, I need to go back at the beginning:
When I started working on AR my initial idea was to have 5 chapters (hence the subtitle), one for each of the original LIs (Sarah, Emily, Jessica and Alex) plus an epilogue. The corpo storyline came in pretty late while developing Chapter 1 and it put a massive wrench in my plan.
Now, I could milk this game forever, but I'm not gonna. I have other games that I want to do and I want to give a resolution to the story of this cast of idiots that share an apartment. And the best way to do it is to tie the length of the game to the corpo storyline.

c4s6r31_Camera_i.jpg

Last week I sat down with pen and paper and plotted out the course of the story.
From this outline I've planned out 8 chapters and an Epilogue, meaning that the game is going to (most likely) end in 5 updates (after this upcoming one).
Now, of course I know that planning things out this far out it's just asking for trouble, but I felt like after 4 months I'd give you all at least a general idea of where the game is going for the sake of transparency.
I am now going to get ahead of the game and answer questions that no one asked:

"What do you mean with "8 chapters and an Epilogue?"
- 8 total regular chapters and then a final update with all the Romance/Harem endings. I don't want to just fade to black, I want to leave you with an idea of where the characters will end up.

"Will you ever release the game on Steam?"
- Honestly, I don't know. Definitely not in the state that it's currently in.

"What happens when the game ends?"
- When the game ends will be VERY clear what will happen next wink wink nudge nudge

"Will you still make lesbian-only games when AR ends?"
- The answer is "most likely yes". I can't see that far into the future, but that is my plan. Full transparency: I have another game that I'm working on on the side, but for "reasons"(one of which being the presence of a quite large dick) I will not tie it to this Patreon and, if I ever release it, it's going to be its own separate thing. Y'all came here for sapphic fun and I'll supply you with sapphic fun.
c4s6r75_ISpeed Lights Light Camera_i.jpg
That's it for this week. My brain is mush and I need to get up early tomorrow to finish coding this damn thing.

See ya!

----:love:

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
A suggestion I didn't see on this site yet:
Maybe our majestic cat companion can get some kind of feline companion in a future update?

Doesn't have to be a romantic one (although that would be amazing) but a little (romcon) side story with him could be awesome I think.

Mind you I don't talk about beastiality content, just innocent love for our furry poet.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Now, I could milk this game forever, but I'm not gonna. I have other games that I want to do and I want to give a resolution to the story of this cast of idiots that share an apartment.
More devs should take this approach. Milking their games forever is why we end up with thousands of unfinished projects. As soon as the patreon money dries up, they abandon the project, which tells you a lot about how much they cared about the story.
Having a defined scope and a plan on how to fulfill it is how most devs should operate.

Reactions: SpatulaPie

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Damn ... just realized why the sexy-time music is throwing me for a loop ... not the environment I'm used to hearing it.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, just joined P & D, if there's a bug channel I can't see it, and you're in charge of the thread, so ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssato243
4.80 star(s) 16 Votes