4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
@Boernwahl:

Thanks for the update, keeps my spirits high to see you keep us informed :)

About events: Yes, insecure about lore, but more troubled with inspiration. Ironic somehow, I spammed you with ideas, and now I ran out of them -.-

# Elven Update:

Don't put yourself under too much stress. Even if a passage is not so inspired, you will be able to revisit it later... or use community inspiration to improve / rewrite it. Adam & Gaia may become a "living" game getting better with every iteration, so there is not important to reach perfection in the first try. :D ... after all this is more a community project than a AAA title with 50 million $ budget you have to buy for 50$ :D :D

TLDR: Don't worry too much it can be improved later.

# About file size:

Would it help to make the game more modular? Like to have packages for the download like
1) Matriarchs & Stuff (like events)
2) Field girls
3) Field Fluffys
4) Mountain girls
5) Mountain Fluffys

and so on

That would mean more but smaller downloads (maybe offer a download container for jdownloader?) Standardizing that would also make it easier for people to offer pic-mods (like the field girl package) and to get those mods they want.

Keeping the packages in structure would make it quite easy to "build" it when downloaded. Just throw all packages into the Adam & Gaia folder.

Wouldn't even be possible to create some kind of package management?

It would be quite nice to add the media support into main player though, so people can offer other formats too. Then you can just add community packages to 1st post and people can choose what they want.

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
@Boernwahl:

Thanks for the update, keeps my spirits high to see you keep us informed :)

About events: Yes, insecure about lore, but more troubled with inspiration. Ironic somehow, I spammed you with ideas, and now I ran out of them -.-

# Elven Update:

Don't put yourself under too much stress. Even if a passage is not so inspired, you will be able to revisit it later... or use community inspiration to improve / rewrite it. Adam & Gaia may become a "living" game getting better with every iteration, so there is not important to reach perfection in the first try. :D ... after all this is more a community project than a AAA title with 50 million $ budget you have to buy for 50$ :D :D

TLDR: Don't worry too much it can be improved later.

# About file size:

Would it help to make the game more modular? Like to have packages for the download like
1) Matriarchs & Stuff (like events)
2) Field girls
3) Field Fluffys
4) Mountain girls
5) Mountain Fluffys

and so on

That would mean more but smaller downloads (maybe offer a download container for jdownloader?) Standardizing that would also make it easier for people to offer pic-mods (like the field girl package) and to get those mods they want.

Keeping the packages in structure would make it quite easy to "build" it when downloaded. Just throw all packages into the Adam & Gaia folder.

It would be quite nice to add the media support into main player though, so people can offer other formats too. Then you can just add community packages to 1st post and people can choose what they want.
I was actually toying with idea of a differently packaged game - a sort of Family Friendly Fucking Fuck version, where a minor edit to the game's code would remove incest ie. the sexing of one's daughters. The files for the daughters would then not need sex gifs, which constitutes 90 % of the game's size.

By making an incest free version, monster girls excluded, the game size would fall to approximately 2-3 gb.

By this a player could choose the download between the two versions.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I was actually toying with idea of a differently packaged game - a sort of Family Friendly Fucking Fuck version, where a minor edit to the game's code would remove incest ie. the sexing of one's daughters. The files for the daughters would then not need sex gifs, which constitutes 90 % of the game's size.

By making an incest free version, monster girls excluded, the game size would fall to approximately 2-3 gb.

By this a player could choose the download between the two versions.

No offense mate, by taking out Incest content would be a massive downgrade for your game. Not just a size decrease. That like half the plot/content of the game.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Nopy link says the (game) file is offline and cannot be downloaded.
sounds like a problem on nopy's side. try MEGA. if MEGA annoys ya with their message that you have to use their app, simply use jdownloader 2 to bypass it.

trythisone

Nov 1, 2017
@Boernwahl:

What kind of package management are you thinking of? Keep in mind that java-script has very tight security controls over accessing local files (you don't want websites able to see or access whats on your computer). Basically your restricted to testing whether an image can be loaded or have the user browsing and selecting files.

You would want to keep it as simple as possible, as there is at least a dozen posts here from people who needed help getting the game installed correctly.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I like using Mega but the file is too big- i only have 5gb per day. If it was more compressed (and in parts) I would use it. The only things I use are nopy, nofile, workupload, mediafire, zippyshare and mega. I have gotten in trouble with torrent- so those are out.
as i said before...use jdownloader 2...

Reactions: Kablooie

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
And as I have (edited) said seconds before you replied.... I have never heard of jDownloader 2.
you didn't write that you never heard of it. you just listed download websites. but dude, really, never heard of google????
just type it in your google search bar and press ENTER. the very first website is the official one. can't be too difficult nowadays can it?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
you must be fucking kdding me! it took me 2 seconds to find the official website! TWO!

wtf are you doing on your side to not being able to find it?!

for proper instructions, either trial and error (i recommend turning zip and rar unpacking off in the option menu) or watch youtube videos, there are tons of it.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
i'm just an ass when i have the feeling people are a lazy ass and want me to do all their work. for this instance it took me way longer to reply to ya than it is for you to find it, and that makes me mad.

ZeroKing21

Aug 23, 2017
I understand & I apologize. I’m not lazy, but when I here of a program that I know nothing about I just ask for personal experience. I have had ransomware and trojan’s from programs recommended by other users on the site, I was just checking your exp with it. If I offended, again I’m sorry.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I understand & I apologize. I’m not lazy, but when I here of a program that I know nothing about I just ask for personal experience. I have had ransomware and trojan’s from programs recommended by other users on the site, I was just checking your exp with it. If I offended, again I’m sorry.
okay. forgive and forget. the program is a shareware but actually freeware. it's up to you to pay or not (during installation). the program is designed to use links you provide (e.g. the MEGA link). just place it in it's list when starting and right click on it. you will see lots of option, one tells ya to start the download. don't forget to give it a path where to upload your data you desire. everything else will be done by the program. it will automatically download from MEGA (no restrictions there) and then it puts the content in ya folder you told it to. easy shit. just make sure to untick the option to automatically unpack stuff. it seems to be a bit bugged. if there are any problems with the installer (e.g. forcing ya to do shit you don't want) tell me, and i will give ya a german download link where i got it from.

ps: i never provide shit. gotta reputation to defend ya know.

ZeroKing21

Aug 23, 2017
Understandable, Dood. Rep is important, so I made a copy of the instructional post. If you want to delete the post. XD

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Understandable, Dood. Rep is important, so I made a copy of the instructional post. If you want to delete the post. XD
i've yet to provide shitty links ;).

and i stand to my word ^^. i also provide a lot of webviews here. it would be a shame if my links would harm others.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
What kind of package management are you thinking of? Keep in mind that java-script has very tight security controls over accessing local files (you don't want websites able to see or access whats on your computer). Basically your restricted to testing whether an image can be loaded or have the user browsing and selecting files.

You would want to keep it as simple as possible, as there is at least a dozen posts here from people who needed help getting the game installed correctly.
Welp, the dream would be to have something like Nexus Mod manager ;) changing packages as you like. Probably a liiiiitle bit to much though, maybe some kind of bat file that reads the packages available like:

1) Field_girl_original
2) Field_girl_compressed
3) Field_girl_FancyReplacement

and let you choose your options and automates the delete / move / copy stuff. (Automation would avoid user-problems swapping stuff)

Probably still too much work though... but you asked what I meant, and that's it.

Yes, package management needs to be easy. But having a nice Guide with pics should enable people to put it together ?! Although that could be an option additional to normal download now? Just cause MEGA bitches around a lot with big downloads nowadays.

Welp, just an idea... maybe not doable... just an idea to deal with the size and to handle community generated content, which I adore a lot.

Welp, not my cup of tea if you remove 90% of content... but, sure, having another option is okay, options always welcome. Just wish you finish it before reworking it :D

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Welp, the dream would be to have something like Nexus Mod manager ;) changing packages as you like. Probably a liiiiitle bit to much though, maybe some kind of bat file that reads the packages available like:

1) Field_girl_original
2) Field_girl_compressed
3) Field_girl_FancyReplacement

and let you choose your options and automates the delete / move / copy stuff. (Automation would avoid user-problems swapping stuff)

Probably still too much work though... but you asked what I meant, and that's it.

Yes, package management needs to be easy. But having a nice Guide with pics should enable people to put it together ?! Although that could be an option additional to normal download now? Just cause MEGA bitches around a lot with big downloads nowadays.

Welp, just an idea... maybe not doable... just an idea to deal with the size and to handle community generated content, which I adore a lot.

Welp, not my cup of tea if you remove 90% of content... but, sure, having another option is okay, options always welcome. Just wish you finish it before reworking it :D
a nexus mod manager equivalent? why not something that works like mod organizer? it does the job way better and in a safer way. nexus overwrites files while MO doesn't.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
a nexus mod manager equivalent? why not something that works like mod organizer? it does rhe job way better and in a safer way. nexus overwrites files while MO doesn't.
Both okay for me if you write it :D :D ... I meant just the convenient way to manage the packages. The MO dev works for nexus now afaik. So... it's getting the same ( ).

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes