4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Still hoping for an option to have some of the "wild spawns" as the sheep, multiheaded woman etc, to get a special tent in camp. Event could be same, just "on demand".

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
Is there a cheat to get more hp at start?
You could mess with SugarCube variables from console, it's playerHealth and playerHealthMax or something like that. Not that you really need to, just kill some easier opponents first and you'll get enough health by leveling.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
You could mess with SugarCube variables from console, it's playerHealth and playerHealthMax or something like that. Not that you really need to, just kill some easier opponents first and you'll get enough health by leveling.
Remembering to equip gear, helped me alot.....

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
Thanks but how to open console?

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
So I finally have an idea for this game but it's more on the back end of the game really. Although would probably require quite a few changes to the layout of the code unfortunately but would like to see it move away from gif files and go more towards webm. Since you can make the file size much smaller but the same quality of the gifs.

Reactions: pronow

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
So I finally have an idea for this game but it's more on the back end of the game really. Although would probably require quite a few changes to the layout of the code unfortunately but would like to see it move away from gif files and go more towards webm. Since you can make the file size much smaller but the same quality of the gifs.
Yeah, that would reduce the download size by like 10 times. You can also easily save some amount of size by resizing all the images - they are shown in a small 400 width window anyway, no reason for them to be 2k x 1k...

I was trying to prepare some batch file today to make the transition easier, cause I just hate the gif format. But then I started playing HotS so nothing came out of it yet. But it's fully possible to replace all of them automatically.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Well the batch converting would be fairly easy it's the code of the game that would be the more daunting task. Since it references images rather than video. Might be able to search and replace in Notepad++ or something to make it easier though.

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
Well the batch converting would be fairly easy it's the code of the game that would be the more daunting task. Since it references images rather than video. Might be able to search and replace in Notepad++ or something to make it easier though.
I haven't seen n++ in a while, but every decent editor has support for regular expression search and replace, which would make it pretty easy - it's a matter if replacing the img tag with video tag, keeping the main part of the filename intact. Not that big of a deal.

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
And as far as I looked through only the generated html, it probably would be even lesser problem while doing it on the twee source files.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I believe it's Twine 1, can just import into Twine otherwise. Think they have a converter or just get Twine 1 I suppose. The webm just takes awhile on my older system. Made a batch file for use with ffmpeg.
Code:
@ECHO OFF

FOR %%f IN (*.gif) DO (
echo Converting: %%f
ffmpeg -i "%%f" -c:v libvpx-vp9 -minrate 500K -b:v 2000K -maxrate 2500K "%%~nf.webm"
)

echo Finished

PAUSE
Seems to give the best for quality without sacrificing much for space.

Reactions: Saithir

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Ok, got the downsizing mod all done. Didn't touch the background folder for some reason but I did the People folder. Reduced the size of the folder by 1.2GB. Have to use the modified html included, did one fix I noticed in the game. Village house 5 in the Mountains was moving girls to house 4, I got that corrected. This is Twine 2, so not sure if it will break anything in the game. Also added a batch file to remove gifs from the game if you want to, keep it in the main folder and just run it. Plus some of the videos I may tweak to give them a bit better quality but most you can't tell the difference.

P.S. Love the game, Beornwahl after looking at the code you do a lot of work on this game.

Reactions: icedcanes

Randor

Donor
May 26, 2017
actually im not a fan from html games, but since here are many positive feedbacks (and monster girls in game smile) i give it a try

treos

Oct 19, 2017
o_O is there any way past the barrier past the deep forest door? (the password is mellon btw. ty for the help there, google.)

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes