4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Morningfrost

Jan 7, 2018
As an update to my report, I just managed to have a playthrough where I was able to impregnate all 6 of the human matriarchs, so I don't know what the trigger for the bug is.

~Morningfrost

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I try to have sex with Rheia, and it won't let her get pregnant. I also have the have the highest fertility level (omni)
I've received mix reports on the human matriarch impregnation, give 1.4.6 a try (should come out soon) on a new save, and if the problem persist I'll rewrite the preg.funtion to the stable pre-1.4 version.

Alright thanks for the reply. I am loving your game btw. The only text base one that i have actually gotten into and liked and i have played free cities but not CoC yet.
If/when you give COC a try (and it's really worth it for its great writing and content mass) remember to use thw Kitteh6660 mod together with the picture mod! Very essential.

I cant play this i keep getting
Error: no valid storage adapters found
and i have no idea on how to fix it -.-
I've never heard of this before... Have you tried clearing your internet cache and having another go? If that doesn't work I'll ask one of the folks lending a hand to the game (who actually knows stuff) to help.

When talking with your daughters ... every time you talk with them, you have to step away and then talk to them again (takes total 2 energy per discussion). Would be nice to be able to keep talking to them for longer without stepping away.
Yeah, agreed. Hang on!

*Well, I've removed the 2 energy problem, should be fixed in version 1.4.6, but still have to click the return button for now (it'll apparently require a lot of changes to edit that part... sorry).

On version 1.4.5 why can't I find venus, where she? is it a bug? Was she removed after 1.4 update?
No she's there (hopefully), the random workings of the events in this game is simply an enemy to all good-folk here... It's due a redo in a coming update.

I'm on the newest version, but on the 2nd level of fertility, but went 3 weeks without any change. I will try to get omni and see if it happens as well.

Edit: Got Omni fertility and it worked, it also might have been a bug using a 1.4.3 save on the 1.4.5 version
I'm really wondering if the system works now... or only works for some. I'll give it a few days more to see if a code rewrite is once more necessary. And thanks for the updated report!

Is there a reason why the spacing between each daughter is so huge?
it's a bug he's supposed to fix it in the next version
It should be fix in version 1.4.6, but it was never tested. We'll see if it did the trick. I remember this problem from the earliest stages in development almost 3 years ago! How time flies.

I've encountered a bug with bunny girls. Sometimes when one of the daughters gives birth at the week end the next week will start on the newborn daughter's page rather than at the camp.

Also as a suggestion of what to do about level up perks. Since a Gaia blessing is almost equal to a level up why not add a repeatable option that grants more blessings or just outright gives the same amount of resources, food, or energy as a blessing.
I did a wee edit, maybe it'll do somewhat or something, we'll see :confused:. Try version 1.4.6.

Yeah, the whole perk system is honestly due a revamp. I just can't promise much as it is, sorry...

Is it possible to get some of Free Cities pregmod(do not know where it comes from) features like the dna damage in too, if you have too many daughters from daughters daughters, or the autoimpregnation, so you don't have to keep up with all the girls, one button to impregnate all that are currently available at some stamina cost, leave the first fight/flirt in?

And one short question will it be possible to get the bull some day to the cowgirl sanctuary, as it is hinted in the story that at the end there might be male offspring possible.
Integrating as much of Free Cities has always been a hope, and pregmod (naturally a great favorite of mine!) would certainly be wonderful. Honestly, I'm just not a good enough coder to do this. It took months of error of just getting the extremely dumbed down from FC to work ages back. I would be lying, however, if I said the dream was all dead.

Running into what I can only assume is a bug. I'm on my second playthrough, and each time I can't seem to get a human matriarch pregnant. First playthrough it was Inanna, even though I had maxed fertility (maxed everything by the end). This time around it appears to be Izanami, and Inanna was impregnated on the first try.

~Morningfrost
Bloody hell... these impregnation bug reports really confuse me...

I actually don't know what's up, master MorningFrost. As said above, I guess I'm just going to wait a few days and see how the reports tick in, and may end up reverting the preg system to an earlier, stable version. Who knows..

Yep. Seems like @Beornwahl got a busy weekend. Might even have to send him a six-pack of beer, to help him through it :D
I was on a trip to Århus, to catch up with an old family member, and to say we drank too much would be an understatement. Ended up at a rock-concert where I couldn't hear a word of what the trio of very angry-shouty girls were singing about - my guess: .......well, never mind actually...

Because drinking is serious business here, and if I send him a case of the wrong stuff, he'll refuse to put in more nordic godesses in the game. And that simply will not do.
You're damn right! An un-serious drinker is at best a fool, and at the worst... a swede!

However, your constant requests of another Nordic goddess has troubled me for ages. All major cultures only get one main matriarch, I couldn't just give the Nordic one several (despite my affiliation). How to fulfill my countryman's request without breaking the prior observation has indeed troubled me. But! I think I might have figured out a solution. I'm not going to say anything here, because there honestly already too much work focus on first, but still. Keep your expectation to such a theoretical implementation low, for a greater content addition is currently beyond me, and my spare time will only decrease as this year progresses. In sum: I may have a solution, but whether or not I also have the time only the future will show.

But you can bet your ass I'll expect my beer should it make it!

i hat the same issue at the beginning. i forget to update the html file. now it works fine.
Let's hope it's the case with the others as well. I'm so awfully tired of rewriting that preg code...

As an update to my report, I just managed to have a playthrough where I was able to impregnate all 6 of the human matriarchs, so I don't know what the trigger for the bug is.

~Morningfrost
By Loke's devilish spawn, I hope this works true for all!

so, i still can't get freia pregnant. on 1.4.5.
Damn...

slith333

Oct 22, 2017
Is there a trigger I can input into console to force pregnancy on a matriarch? Inanna won't get pregnant for me.

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
So, I finally got around to playing this (Cause my last version I downloaded got lost in my 400gb folder XD ) and I have to say, it's really good. You have down the important writing and all that, but you also write around the pictures you have access to, which is a huge plus. Turns the pictures from just some flashy extras into actual parts of the story. Keep up the good work :D

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
So far, even with the high fertility I'm unable to get Lepo pregnant. Inanna and Rheia are able to get pregnant.

Also, I get errors when building a outpost.

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
Heyo Beo -
One suggestion I haven't seen here. When you get 1.5 up and update the torrent, you may want to do the Torrent as a NON zip file.
If, then, you add a whole matriarch to 1.6 (for instance, or elves), you can upload a whole new Torrent, but if people point it at their folder, it will only need to download the pieces that are new or have changed.
The file itself (ie: 1.4.6 .html) can stay separate like you have it.
For Mega I know there's a huge benefit to using Zips.

4Gb is a lot though, especially if someone *cough* *cough* wanted it on all of their devices. And it's avoidable!

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Playing 1.4.6 an error in the mountains picking up a sword Cortain

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: State.variables.swordCortana is undefined.​

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So clearing my internet cache didn't do anything
Also here's the inteir thing

View attachment 69445
I had a person at the Hypnopics Collecting reporting the same issue for the game.

My thought was this is something blocking using browser storage like localStorge/indexedDB, so try checking

a) do you have any add-ons/3rd party programs that control Cookies and similar things? Try disable them
b) it could also be your antivirus, try and disable it temporarily while playing

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
So clearing my internet cache didn't do anything
Also here's the inteir thing

View attachment 69445
May I suggest you try (just for testing) a portable version of a browser? Chrome or Firefox are there to download. It could help to track the issue.

If the game is running in a portable browser, we know for sure the problem is in your browser and can have a closer look there (if still needed, cause you could just run it with the portable browser).

thesleeper

Feb 3, 2017
Seems like an interesting game. I haven't played it long but I just set up my first village in the mountains. I haven't read through the other pages so I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I went into the house and am receiving an error saying I can't leave. Luckily I have a save just before I found the village but this still seems like a pretty bad bug.

The error code I'm getting is "Error: <<goto>>: passage "house11" does not exist."

Katzies

Oct 19, 2017
So, I've been checking why Venus doesn't seem to be able to appear, and in the StoryInit passage, all the human matriarchs have their relevant variables set to 0, except Venus. Maybe that's the problem?

Reactions: Faldir and sp1ker

peplnw2010

Jul 19, 2017
Seems like an interesting game. I haven't played it long but I just set up my first village in the mountains. I haven't read through the other pages so I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but I went into the house and am receiving an error saying I can't leave. Luckily I have a save just before I found the village but this still seems like a pretty bad bug.

The error code I'm getting is "Error: <<goto>>: passage "house11" does not exist."
i got this error to when i click back to village

Reactions: Faldir
Sep 11, 2017
Okay so the game seems to have an error regarding "audio Calm Music not being found" which is preventing any audio functionality and I also noticed sex and blowjob .mp3's showing up as errors too. Something regarding a snd/ path issue from what I gather. Bit odd considering there isn't a snd file anywhere that I know of.

Edit: Found another. The sword found in the Mountains "Cortain?" has an error when you try and "take it" because of "bad evaluation: Cannot set property of undefined".

Edit: Question, is it normal that we no longer see how many preservatives we have?

Edit: When I go to "search the land" the initial click does not produce any food where as continuing to search does. As is this means you waste energy if you click once and decide to stop. Not sure if it's a bug or not but if it is then now you know. *Shrugs*

Edit: Found this while I was in the Deserts. "Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#13): Unexpected number"

Enigior

Feb 18, 2018
Edit: Found this while I was in the Deserts. "Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#13): Unexpected number"
DesertsEncounters: there is an "is" missing: "elseif $EncounterNumber is 9 and $HumanChildren gte 2 and $nambiDone 1"
Should be "elseif $EncounterNumber is 9 and $HumanChildren gte 2 and $nambiDone is 1",
open the .html with a text editor and replace that.

Sep 11, 2017
DesertsEncounters: there is an "is" missing: "elseif $EncounterNumber is 9 and $HumanChildren gte 2 and $nambiDone 1"
Should be "elseif $EncounterNumber is 9 and $HumanChildren gte 2 and $nambiDone is 1",
open the .html with a text editor and replace that.
Any editors you'd recommend? It'd be much appreciated to use for the future.

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes