4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

trythisone

Nov 1, 2017
I finally tracked down a bug that removes the mother information from daughters.

the $version variable is not set at the start of a new game, so the 1st time you open the cheats screen all the version catch up code is executed. This includes the version 1.6.0 code that sets all the human children's mother to "none".

Some other minor bugs:
During Nuts quest (and during "Sex with Both") ThreeSome9.gif is never used, instead ThreeSome8.gif is displayed twice in a row.
During the Swordkeeper encounter there a few tests of 'if $swordGram is 0' that need to be updated to 'if $swordGram.owed', currently the sword is unobtainable.
PlainsEvents tests '$saraiDone is 0 and $saraiDone is 0' instead of '$saraiDone is 0 and $saraiDead is 0'
Creature\dog\48.sex.gif needs to renamed Creature\dog\48sex.gif

Things I'm not sure are bugs:
In the "Combat Init" passage I couldn't see any logical reason for test against $freiaQuest when deciding if a combat encounter is passive or not
The FieldsEvent, PlainsEvent, MountainsEvent, JunglesEvent, DesertsEvent passages all have very different ratios for choosing between finding a matriarch, finding some resources, finding a home and finding a monster encounter - this may be intentional but it does make the regions unbalanced (its much easy to find matriarchs and resources in the mountains and deserts, than in the plains and jungles - and the fields has a higher ratio of monsters)

Reactions: Faldir

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Very Impressive work Daxter, thank you for your work. Making a great game even greater.
cheers!
don' forget to share some love with likes and telling others who play that game ^^. that would encourage me even more to get my lazy ass up and do the next patch :winkytongue:

Reactions: Joramoi

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I finally tracked down a bug that removes the mother information from daughters.

the $version variable is not set at the start of a new game, so the 1st time you open the cheats screen all the version catch up code is executed. This includes the version 1.6.0 code that sets all the human children's mother to "none".

Some other minor bugs:
During Nuts quest (and during "Sex with Both") ThreeSome9.gif is never used, instead ThreeSome8.gif is displayed twice in a row.
During the Swordkeeper encounter there a few tests of 'if $swordGram is 0' that need to be updated to 'if $swordGram.owed', currently the sword is unobtainable.
PlainsEvents tests '$saraiDone is 0 and $saraiDone is 0' instead of '$saraiDone is 0 and $saraiDead is 0'
Creature\dog\48.sex.gif needs to renamed Creature\dog\48sex.gif

Things I'm not sure are bugs:
In the "Combat Init" passage I couldn't see any logical reason for test against $freiaQuest when deciding if a combat encounter is passive or not
The FieldsEvent, PlainsEvent, MountainsEvent, JunglesEvent, DesertsEvent passages all have very different ratios for choosing between finding a matriarch, finding some resources, finding a home and finding a monster encounter - this may be intentional but it does make the regions unbalanced (its much easy to find matriarchs and resources in the mountains and deserts, than in the plains and jungles - and the fields has a higher ratio of monsters)
I don't know much about the cheat passage and combat, but the different ratios between the regions is indeed intentional.

Anyway, I've found all the other bugs you've unhidden and should have them fixed! Quite the grand bug-report where everything was made easy to find and patch! Wunderbar!

The fixes will be uploaded in the new Elven update FullVersion, whenever that comes. It's a while away.
The more of this fixes I can do before, the more stable the game will be then. Hurra!

Reactions: Joramoi

trythisone

Nov 1, 2017
Anyway, I've found all the other bugs you've unhidden and should have them fixed! Quite the grand bug-report where everything was made easy to find and patch! Wunderbar!
I know how hard they can be to find if not reported clearly enough.

Have you considered putting the game under some form web-based of version control?
You would want to check the providers conditions about adult content, and I wouldn't add the images anyway just the tws file (which is just a text file).
That way when people make there own versions they could make a branch, and it would be fairly easy to merge back in any you like.
At this point I think I've made 3 versions
  • the data loading one I posted earlier
  • one that makes workers have to live in the village there working at, not just any village.
  • and I've just spent a hr or so converting the version migration in the cheats screen to javascript and putting it into Config.saves.onLoad (now trying to work out if I can get story init to use the same code)
Not to mention various some bug fixed and optimisations.
And I recall seeing a few other versions posted in this forums (You already included some).

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
I don't know much about the cheat passage and combat, but the different ratios between the regions is indeed intentional.

The fixes will be uploaded in the new Elven update FullVersion, whenever that comes. It's a while away.
The more of this fixes I can do before, the more stable the game will be then. Hurra!
Off topic, but your avatar always makes me smile. I love Scandinavia and the world!

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I know how hard they can be to find if not reported clearly enough.

Have you considered putting the game under some form web-based of version control?
You would want to check the providers conditions about adult content, and I wouldn't add the images anyway just the tws file (which is just a text file).
That way when people make there own versions they could make a branch, and it would be fairly easy to merge back in any you like.
At this point I think I've made 3 versions
  • the data loading one I posted earlier
  • one that makes workers have to live in the village there working at, not just any village.
  • and I've just spent a hr or so converting the version migration in the cheats screen to javascript and putting it into Config.saves.onLoad (now trying to work out if I can get story init to use the same code)
Not to mention various some bug fixed and optimisations.
And I recall seeing a few other versions posted in this forums (You already included some).
Uh, data loading!

I don't know how to set up such a web-based thingy, but I think it'll be a grand idea for after the Elven Update, upon things a bit more up and all that. I'll look into it then if there's still a demand.

If you want to I can try and implement the versions you've made for the next update. Up to you of course.

Off topic, but your avatar always makes me smile. I love Scandinavia and the world!
I <3 <3 <3 you almost as much as I would Norway! Wow!

Reactions: Buffalo Fred

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
got all the girls i need for the patch (and the plains patch too). time for the gif creation ^^.

just a quick teaser what you can expect in the future patch :p.

if there is demand i can also implement one or two MILFS, however i'm not sure if it makes sense to implement it due to the girls being your daughters...and not your moms xD.

Reactions: FHDani

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
got all the girls i need for the patch (and the plains patch too). time for the gif creation ^^.

just a quick teaser what you can expect in the future patch :p.

if there is demand i can also implement one or two MILFS, however i'm not sure if it makes sense to implement it due to the girls being your daughters...and not your moms XD.
Looking good. Foxy Di is always a win.

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Hello there!

Working on the new elven children - and let's be honest: you can never have too much source material!

So if anyone has material feel free to share. However, I can only use this format:

1. Each girl needs a profile picture, could also be a gif.
2. Two blowjob or boobjob gifs, plus one of the two with the act finished.
3. Two sex gifs, plus one gif of the act once more done and dusted.

I'll add this to show an example of the needed things.

P.S. Currently characters of the blonde category is in highest demand!

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Wrong. Biggest rule is "Petit, pale, redheads rule supreme". It's the official rule of F95. Just ask the Otterboy.
i couldn't agree more with otterboy there ^^, but really, it's a rule from beornwahl to not use girls with glasses for adam & gaia, 'cause in that natural world how could someone have glasses there?

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
i couldn't agree more with otterboy there ^^, but really, it's a rule from beornwahl to not use girls with glasses for adam & gaia, 'cause in that natural world how could someone have glasses there?
Ah, the Otterboy rule! But the no glasses thing I'm going to stand firm on. Lore and all that.
My apologies if anyone has glasses as a specific fetish o_O

hollow49

Oct 2, 2017
Ah, the Otterboy rule! But the no glasses thing I'm going to stand firm on. Lore and all that.
My apologies if anyone has glasses as a specific fetish o_O
I suppose if you wanted to include glasses it would have to be a matriarch from before the cataclysm. It might work for an elf if you want them to feel more advanced than humans. (I'm not sure of the level of technology of the elven nations, and I might have completely the wrong impression here.) The very early glasses don't resemble modern ones that much, but pince-nez type spectacles did exist in in the 15th century, and still exist today.

Just some random musings.

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I suppose if you wanted to include glasses it would have to be a matriarch from before the cataclysm. It might work for an elf if you want them to feel more advanced than humans. (I'm not sure of the level of technology of the elven nations, and I might have completely the wrong impression here.) The very early glasses don't resemble modern ones that much, but pince-nez type spectacles did exist in in the 15th century, and still exist today.

Just some random musings.
I too considered the elves as a means of spectacles-introduction in the end, but I made all my material gathering based on the "no glasses" mantra, so now I stand without pictures for such a matriarch. Ah, well...

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes