PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
As we're (finally) nearing the release for v0.1.5, I decided to write up a little devlog containing my thoughts behind the design process of some changes related to game's combat. You can read it here:

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
changes related to game's combat
the only thing that concerns me is the weakness limit's impact on an early game party. it's very likely that players won't have the MP and the MP potions to sustain offensive spells without a few level-ups if they happen upon multi-shielded enemies that aren't weak to most/all of the standard attacks (I think the skeletons are only weak to staff alongside a slew of elemental weaknesses, but it has been a while since I last played so don't quote me on that).

also, do weakness limits trigger within a combo or after (e.g. if I combo-boost a standard sword attack into a 2-hit vs. a 2-shield enemy, will its shield break now that weakness limits are a thing)?

other than that, can't wait to get me more kazuma in my life.

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
they happen upon multi-shielded enemies that aren't weak to most/all of the standard attacks
I took that into account as part of rebalance work; there will be far fewer multi-shielded enemies in the beginning. Skeletons in particular are down to 1 shield. I'm trying to simplify some encounters since there's a ridiculous change in difficulty between Forest and Dungeon fights.

also, do weakness limits trigger within a combo or after (e.g. if I combo-boost a standard sword attack into a 2-hit vs. a 2-shield enemy, will its shield break now that weakness limits are a thing)?
Great question! Limits trigger after the combo, incentivizing the usage of combo points.

Drakknation

Oct 18, 2018
Does anyone else have a problem with the potions? Every time I try and use them I get an error and have to skip that characters turn

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
v0.1.5 is Available for Patrons!

Gather around, adventurers, for v0.1.5 is finally here and available for Crusader+ level Patrons! The download links are available in this post ->

Public Release Date: November 22nd

Bet you didn't expect this post, huh? ;)

This is, by far, the largest update I've ever made. The changelog is over 110 lines long, my github is freaking out every time I try to compare changes... A lot of work and dedication went into v0.1.5, and I truly hope y'all will love it.

I plan to maintain this new level of quality going forward with the next updates, only now that I don't have to rewrite 60k-word-long story, they'll be releasing a lot more often and I can go back to roughly 1 update per month.

Full changelog below:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And check out the new screenshots! I've worked hard on improving the game's visuals, and while there are still a couple events that I'd like to redraw backgrounds for... I'm satisfied with this for now.

Happy NNN everyone ;)

bakuretsu_comparison.jpg hopeless_comparison.jpg bakuretsu_comparison2.jpg cardio_comparison.jpg bakuretsu_comparison3.jpg kazuma_yunyun_before_after.jpg momo_comparison.jpg useless_comparison.jpg vantage_comparison.jpg
screenshot0144.png screenshot0146.png screenshot0132.png screenshot0138.png screenshot0154.png screenshot0158.png screenshot0162.png screenshot0163.png
screenshot0169.png screenshot0170.png

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
v0.1.5 is Available for Patrons!

Gather around, adventurers, for v0.1.5 is finally here and available for Crusader+ level Patrons! The download links are available in this post ->

Public Release Date: November 22nd

Bet you didn't expect this post, huh? ;)

This is, by far, the largest update I've ever made. The changelog is over 110 lines long, my github is freaking out every time I try to compare changes... A lot of work and dedication went into v0.1.5, and I truly hope y'all will love it.

I plan to maintain this new level of quality going forward with the next updates, only now that I don't have to rewrite 60k-word-long story, they'll be releasing a lot more often and I can go back to roughly 1 update per month.

Full changelog below:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And check out the new screenshots! I've worked hard on improving the game's visuals, and while there are still a couple events that I'd like to redraw backgrounds for... I'm satisfied with this for now.

Happy NNN everyone ;)

View attachment 2149218 View attachment 2149222 View attachment 2149219 View attachment 2149221 View attachment 2149220 View attachment 2149223 View attachment 2149224 View attachment 2149227 View attachment 2149228
View attachment 2149225 View attachment 2149226 View attachment 2149231 View attachment 2149232 View attachment 2149233 View attachment 2149234 View attachment 2149236 View attachment 2149237
View attachment 2149238 View attachment 2149239
Damn Pastry what the hell, I can’t even make a joke I am at a loss with words, the game looks even better than before and your changelogs are always a joy to read.
A game with so much effort on this site?
What is this, some kind of twisted joke?
Can’t say I am excited, Excitement killed me.

I am only suspicious of Kazuma reintroduction, I was a fan interested in his replacement.
How he gonna delve into the sex?
How will the plot be affected and yadda yadda, but I’ll play and then judge

Still congratulations I’ll either wait or join, perhaps.

And thanks for NNN, lost it on the first day

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Damn Pastry what the hell, I can’t even make a joke I am at a loss with words, the game looks even better than before and your changelogs are always a joy to read.
What 5 months worth of dev time will do to a mofo :LOL:

I am only suspicious of Kazuma reintroduction, I was a fan interested in his replacement.
How he gonna delve into the sex?
How will the plot be affected and yadda yadda, but I’ll play and then judge
I honestly am a lot happier with the current premise and writing. It's more compelling imo. It makes me excited to write new events, something I haven't felt in a while. Hopefully you'll like it ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: heyarnold and zARRR
4.70 star(s) 39 Votes