RexGenocide

Aug 11, 2017
Transparence setting for textbox should be a standard in renpy games theese days. Can any cool smart and sexy guy/gal make a mod with transparent textbox for this? ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: PastryIRL

1234MRG

Dec 8, 2020
Can I go past sturdy door in the thomb in 0.15? Maybe 3rd level for lock picking skill can be learned from book and not Chris?
I found only one book so far, it's about fishing, but how many of them are in game? And where can I find them?

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Are you supposed to be able to find multiple Chunchunmarus? Because both Darkness and Kazuma have one in my game. Also the entire spot for Sena is missing under Girls...

... and some sex animations are quite laggy for me despite using the win32 version...
How do the Darkness paizuri animations play for you? Those three are still VP8 encoded though still 60 FPS. I only have light chop with some of the new ones, but I don't know what my potato level is.

• Red Heart

Diamond lou

Apr 17, 2018
Loved the new update, definitely feels better with Kazuma as the protagonist, also loved the intro, very much reminded me of the Evenicle intro which was also awesome, especially looking forward to seeing where the game goes with the new morality system and Cockatrice thing, also the biggest improvement that you can have Yunyun join the party so 10/10 update just for that.

Couple things to note:
on the first Aqua H-scene the sound effects kept playing even after the scene, eventually fixed it by reloading a save but somewhat annoying.

The weapons bought in the store have problems when equipping them, if you already have another weapon equipped, then the previously equipped item just gets isekai'd and disappears.

the shop overlays weren't fully visible sometimes they were but most times not, it seems like it might be a problem with clicking to skip the animation which stops it becoming completely visible.

Outside of that i didn't notice anything else buggy and i'm looking forward to where the game goes from here!

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So far, i like the achievements the most.
Something extra to keep me busy is always nice, and since you will inevitably add more achievements later on, perhaps it would be a good idea to put in some unique rewards for completing them.
I like collecting rare junk, but those rewards can also be unique feats not necessarily only rare junk.
And speaking of rare junk, perhaps adding some rare stuff for mobs to drop would be a good idea as well.
Also the dem chests, currently they mostly drop money which is boring. :whistle::coffee:

• Red Heart

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Pastry are you going to make us humiliate Sena or defeat her with our amazing anarchic aura
You know it ;)

Error when trying to go on a quest with 5 characters:
Yep that's an oversight, you're not supposed to be able to take more than 4 :D

i can't quite figure out the timeline here.
I'm not doing a 1:1 adaptation with the original so a bunch of events in the timeline have been rearranged; so it differs in many ways from the original. Like the fact that Chunchunmaru has to be found has a lot to do with game progression purposes rather than story accuracy.

pastry is there any way you could add a particle effect off switch?
What particle effects are we talking about? I'll see if I can add another setting.
As far as laggy animations, it turns out there's a bug in RenPy with VP9 encoded videos: some devices are able to play them fine, others struggle. I'm reencoding everything in VP8 instead now.

any plans to push the envelope further
How about animated scenes? ;)

I was afraid benched members won't get any xp and/or new members start at a different xp level,
I personally hate having to micromanage party members XP in games so I made sure you didn't have to :D

I'm on my phone rn since I'm traveling so I can't respond to every point you've made, but I like a lot of the suggestions! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Can any cool smart and sexy guy/gal make a mod with transparent textbox for this?
Good idea, I'll add a parameter in the game options!

Can I go past sturdy door in the thomb in 0.15?
Not yet, you'll need Chris in your party. I might push the obstacle to the third floor instead in the next update in the interest of more natural progression

I found only one book so far, it's about fishing, but how many of them are in game?
Just one right now

Are you supposed to be able to find multiple Chunchunmarus? Because both Darkness and Kazuma have one in my game.
LMAO I knew I wasn't crazy, the bug is still here. Literally have no idea how it happens, there are so many extra checks to prevent duplicates...

+1 Darkness Event
Oh it's coming

Could someone tell me the use of the Fortune Gem
fortune gems will come into play next update

Also the dem chests, currently they mostly drop money which is boring.
That's a fair point! I'm trying to avoid adding junk items so that the inventory isn't cluttered, but I could add more droppable items that are usable or smth..

Reactions: gojira667

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That's a fair point! I'm trying to avoid adding junk items so that the inventory isn't cluttered, but I could add more droppable items that are usable or smth..
For now i can suggest:

1. Gear - Good chance to drop crap gear, low chance to drop good gear, very low chance to drop excellent gear, and perhaps minuscule chance to drop legendary gear. Pretty sure with this setup i'd enjoy grinding a lot more.
2. Exp books - Like you can find in some games and mmos, books that give the party extra exp points. Also could be books that give permanent increase to stats like hp/mp/crit/etc. But naturally, stat-increasing books would have to be much more rare drop.
3. Skill stones - The stuff you use to upgrade Zuma's and his party's skills with, probably best left for boss monsters to drop.
Perhaps also could be added as drop to boss dungeon chests as well, but at a minuscule chance.
4. Event items - Like that pickle potion, items that proc unique events, including sexual ones.

^See if you like these ideas. :giggle::coffee:

Also if you fear cluttering inventory just make the items sellable for extra gold and we'll have no problem.
And perhaps creating stash chest in the mansion is a good idea as well. To store items in.
Especially if you gonna be adding crafting down the line.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
How do the Darkness paizuri animations play for you? Those three are still VP8 encoded though still 60 FPS. I only have light chop with some of the new ones, but I don't know what my potato level is.
darkness's bath paizuri scene runs fine actually. but for the sake of fully figuring it out i'll list which ones i have issues with:
aqua public vag sex when drunk - party on the streets
megumin cunnilingus - importance of hygiene
darkness blowjob - how far i've fallen
momo handjob - a gentle touch

I'm not doing a 1:1 adaptation with the original so a bunch of events in the timeline have been rearranged; so it differs in many ways from the original. Like the fact that Chunchunmaru has to be found has a lot to do with game progression purposes rather than story accuracy.

What particle effects are we talking about? I'll see if I can add another setting.
As far as laggy animations, it turns out there's a bug in RenPy with VP9 encoded videos: some devices are able to play them fine, others struggle. I'm reencoding everything in VP8 instead now.
i get it, still think the game could be so much better if it was closer to cannon timeline anywhere at game start then split off from in. i got expectations when you said you were re-writing the story. :HideThePain:

as for particle effects, i notice major lag with the appearance of the combo counter's flame effect, the stun effect, and am unsure of others that contribute to the issue. but yea, when raiding the tomb fighting a bunch of high health mobs and one miniboss the game slows to a crawl until i take out the mobs. luckily no game crashes due to this yet though. hope my list of which ero scenes i have issues with helps confirm if it's the issue you think it is!

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
random battle mechanic idea for the future, after every battle the player has a choice to use 1 skill or item. not really needed atm, but i imagine mid to late game enemies might require some pre-battle planning such as blessing or healing the wounded. could also be useful to have darkness use bait or decoy. and i'm sure some more creative skill could be used too.

well unless it's undead and the party gets ambushed due to aqua being aqua. :KEK:

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
ugh, correct me if i'm wrong pastry but isn't the player supposed to get a power gem with every mini-boss they defeat? because it certainly seemed that way... until i leveled up to 7... then it stopped. i mean i certainly got a lot more power gems than the achievements give. but if you stop giving them out and the party is over-leveled aren't you punishing the players for grinding?!?! :FacePalm:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Pastry, do you plan on creating raid-boss level encounters like the walking fortress? :whistle::coffee:

PS:
*Also non-default gear seem to likes unequipping itself after every reload of a save, would be nice if this was fixed.
*It seems Aquas blessing upgrades are broken. If you learn total blessing upgrade, crit bonus is removed permanently from blessing even if you unlearn total blessing. On the other hand, if you learn Archpriest's blessing, bonus healing mod stays even if you unlearn it.
*See-through ui in the shops still happen.
* 1.png
*Power gem drops too often from the big wolf in the forest, too easy. Make drop rate for these minuscule, they should be much harder to obtain.

Alright, i guess i finished 1.5, mostly, except these 5 achievements: 2.png
No way i'm grinding 100k just for lulz, and the others seem to be not implemented yet, not entirely at least. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
LMAO I knew I wasn't crazy, the bug is still here. Literally have no idea how it happens, there are so many extra checks to prevent duplicates...
I can't remember if I had one equipped already or I had both in the inventory at the same time.

I've gotten rocks multiple times in the same adventure, but I'm assuming that's normal since Aqua takes them as they come.

The last three story cheevos don't unlock with a new game. It appears you only grant them in the update function.

4.70 star(s) 37 Votes