PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Hey, adventurers!

The upcoming v0.1.3 update is shaping up to be the biggest yet, and while I'm hard at work making it a reality, I wanted to give you an idea of what changes you should expect.

As per the patron poll held a couple of weeks ago, the characters that will receive new events in the version are Megumin, Chris and Yunyun. There are a couple of main events planned as well, but I will not be divulging any more details pertaining to the story. What you might like to hear, though, is that a certain existing character underwent a visual revamp, and another one got her stop-frame animations replaced with video animations.

The main thing I'm focusing on in this update is polishing the existing systems and revamping the adventuring experience. Up until now, it lacked depth and there was little to no incentive to venture on an adventure unless it was important to the plot. Providing positive feedback for completing a quest and slaying monsters, adding a degree of randomness and allowing the players make more meaningful decisions outside of combat are some of the many ways I'm employing to address the issue. Updated visual effects and new curios (objects you can interact with) are on the list as well.

The "Recurrent" (repetitive) quests are going away, replaced by a new Quest Director. Every time you undertake a quest, the new system will generate a random adventure layout for you, allowing you to choose your own encounters and feel like you're exploring a location instead of running in a straight line. While they won't be vital to the main plot, the new Situations will only occur during exploration... and have I mentioned collectibles?

I've also taken into consideration concerns about the balancing. The levels/experience progression has been revamped, some skills buffed or changed, which should hopefully make them more viable.

That is all I have for you today. If you're a Patron, keep an eye out for the previews of the new or updated content either in , or on . If you're not a Patron, consider becoming one to get more details about the upcoming updates and get early access to it when it's released!

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Hey, adventurers!

The upcoming v0.1.3 update is shaping up to be the biggest yet, and while I'm hard at work making it a reality, I wanted to give you an idea of what changes you should expect.

As per the patron poll held a couple of weeks ago, the characters that will receive new events in the version are Megumin, Chris and Yunyun. There are a couple of main events planned as well, but I will not be divulging any more details pertaining to the story. What you might like to hear, though, is that a certain existing character underwent a visual revamp, and another one got her stop-frame animations replaced with video animations.

The main thing I'm focusing on in this update is polishing the existing systems and revamping the adventuring experience. Up until now, it lacked depth and there was little to no incentive to venture on an adventure unless it was important to the plot. Providing positive feedback for completing a quest and slaying monsters, adding a degree of randomness and allowing the players make more meaningful decisions outside of combat are some of the many ways I'm employing to address the issue. Updated visual effects and new curios (objects you can interact with) are on the list as well.

The "Recurrent" (repetitive) quests are going away, replaced by a new Quest Director. Every time you undertake a quest, the new system will generate a random adventure layout for you, allowing you to choose your own encounters and feel like you're exploring a location instead of running in a straight line. While they won't be vital to the main plot, the new Situations will only occur during exploration... and have I mentioned collectibles?

I've also taken into consideration concerns about the balancing. The levels/experience progression has been revamped, some skills buffed or changed, which should hopefully make them more viable.

That is all I have for you today. If you're a Patron, keep an eye out for the previews of the new or updated content either in , or on . If you're not a Patron, consider becoming one to get more details about the upcoming updates and get early access to it when it's released!
Yay for new update :) I hope included in those collectibles will be more panties. Perhaps there could be an achievement for collecting pantsu similar to how Link's Awakening has you collect secret seashells. If you collect enough of them something good is bound to happen.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PastryIRL

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Hey, adventurers!

Nice, can't wait to see the next update to check out all the new improved questline system, combat, new story, new event,... Thank you for working hard on it

• Red Heart

Hibikiki

Sep 29, 2018
Hey, adventurers!

I am hyped for more Yunyun content

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Hey, adventurers!

Oh my did I hear collectibles?
Collectibles are the my shit, I am an addicted to collecting!
For the quest and combat I am really glad, looking forward!

• Red Heart

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Hey, adventurers!

just found the game today and there is already an update with 3 best konosuba waifus planned? awesome.

on a more direct assessment. what content there was was good and the only gripe i had is soposedly fixed in next update (linear grinding) well this seems a good find

DrIvanR1314

Jun 27, 2020
Pretty good so far. I am looking forwards to seeing more of this

Although I am not a big fan of the temporary bodyswap thing.
Seducing people with someone else's body and name feels like you are cucking yourself.
Worse is that it is a temporary swap so I can't even get used to the idea of "this is me now". Why achieve anything if you will just get switched back later? all your gains and achievements are going to that other schmuck when he finally finally feels like coming back.
I said it before, the plot of Adventurer Trainer could still happen, but with the newly Resurected Kazuma going "you know what, I am going to train them into competent warriors, wait are they getting off on this!?" sort of a plot without the body swap needed.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I said it before, the plot of Adventurer Trainer could still happen, but with the newly Resurected Kazuma going "you know what, I am going to train them into competent warriors, wait are they getting off on this!?" sort of a plot without the body swap needed.
Yea. lots of ways it could work. It could be
1. Kazuma himself just has a change of heart.
2. You admit you are possessing him and that he is gone. insert name here
3. You reincarnate in your own body and join their team to replace Kazuma who just left.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
What if Eris died (Again) in his world and plead to Eris to incarnate him back into his own world. Eris grants his wish by reincarnating him into the body of a recently deceaced gamer (The player). Kazuma is extatic to be back in his world, leaving his three biggest "Problems" for some other sap to deal with... Enter you, the player.

DrIvanR1314

Jun 27, 2020
What if Eris died (Again) in his world and plead to Eris to incarnate him back into his own world. Eris grants his wish by reincarnating him into the body of a recently deceaced gamer (The player). Kazuma is extatic to be back in his world, leaving his three biggest "Problems" for some other sap to deal with... Enter you, the player.
that is the plot of the trainer by the author. My posts were how with a Eureka moment for a excuse Kazuma himself could be Trainer instead of a body switch needed for the lewds.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Well, this sounds slightly more permanent then the current example where Kazuma is going on vacation back to earth and you are taking his body temporarily. (allegedly. from author's post it is more permanent than you think).

The main issue is what comes next after the swap. How is the fact that you are not Kazuma but in his body going to be handled. Currently the handling is that you lie and pretend to still be Kazuma... and then seduce the girls using someone else's identity.

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019
I could see the main trio roasting Real-Kazuma as a gag, and praising the Fake-Kazuma; when the truth is revealed and that they sort of knew all along. Darkness would complain about Real-Kazuma's sexual cowardice. Aqua would say Fake-Kazuma actually spoils her. Megumin might be on Real-Kazuma's side but Real-Kazuma does something dumb to make her back Fake-Kazuma.

DrIvanR1314

Jun 27, 2020
Well, this sounds slightly more permanent then the current example where Kazuma is going on vacation back to earth and you are taking his body temporarily. (allegedly. from author's post it is more permanent than you think).

The main issue is what comes next after the swap. How is the fact that you are not Kazuma but in his body going to be handled. Currently the handling is that you lie and pretend to still be Kazuma... and then seduce the girls using someone else's identity.
I could see the main trio roasting Real-Kazuma as a gag, and praising the Fake-Kazuma; when the truth is revealed and that they sort of knew all along. Darkness would complain about Real-Kazuma's sexual cowardice. Aqua would say Fake-Kazuma actually spoils her. Megumin might be on Real-Kazuma's side but Real-Kazuma does something dumb to make her back Fake-Kazuma.
this is why I prefer the "Kazuma wakes up/gets revived and gets a Eureka moment about training the girls to be better adventurers, wait why are they horny?!" sort of plot to this.

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes