jonk999

Aug 14, 2017
Love the game but wish there was a way to get only updated files or similar every update rather than the whole game again. Only because with my rubbish ADSL I can download ~1GB an hour. So the bigger the game gets, the longer the wait to download and play.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
The developers of the game engine don't provide this. I've been thinking about a binary diff/patch route, but I'm afraid most people don't understand how that should work. Plus I haven't check yet if the whole file changes if Nenad adds something to a scene or character...

May be use the torrent. That you can stop/start without losing previous downloaded parts. That also works with unwanted interruptions like power loss or connection loss. And because it uses hashes you know for sure that the download isn't corrupted. You still have to wait, but it is must less of a hassle...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I've been thinking about a binary diff/patch route, but I'm afraid most people don't understand how that should work. Plus I haven't check yet if the whole file changes if Nenad adds something to a scene or character...
Yesterday with the help of Nenad we proved the concept on a small game. Nenad made a v1, then some small changes for a v2. In total both were around 153 MiB zipped. The first step is easy and is something more experienced users can probably do. Through checksums we figured out that most .vs -- those contain the code, music, art etc per character or scene -- stayed the same. That gave a total of 25 MiB unzipped -- about 5-10% is gained in zipping -- of changed files...

The next step is using a program which can construct a binary patch. This is a file which contains instructions on how to convert the old file into a new file. That means deletions, insertions and off course new stuff. Because the changes were small, the total patch unzipped was less then 18 KiB. However applying the patch is something programmers do regularly, but ordinary people never. It involves the BSD -- Unix variant -- program for creating and bspatch for applying the patch. I used a version ported to Linux. And then we tested it with which gives a Bash shell in all version of Windows. But you probably already see that it is quite a process...

May be someone can wrap it all up in a nice Windows program which uses parts of Cygwin, the bsdiff/bspatch source code and the example I created in Bash. But I'm not a real programmer so I won't burn my fingers on it :) I proved it can be done, although some people are still skeptical. The Visionaire developers still think it won't work in all instances. I say bullshit. After the patch nobody can prove how this copy was made. If you think about all the steps -- zipping, uploading, virtual drives, downloading and unzipping -- a digital copy from Nenad's computer to us undergo, it is a miracle that most of the time that copy is 100%. If the bsdiff/bspatch doesn't contain bugs -- it is in use since 2003, so very, very stable -- it is just another step in creating a digital copy. Afterwards nobody can prove how the copy came to live. It is 100% the same as an original export. So every bug/glitch or other faults the original had, is reproduced. I'm confident that it will work with 99,999999% certainty. And yes not 100% but that you also don't get with a normal download -- the zip program, virtual drive or the IP protocol can have bugs -- or torrent as well. Every once in a while I've a corrupted download. That is why I want checksums -- and yes those can have bugs as well -- which most uploaders don't provide. Even this forum doesn't...

I've done the math on v020 of Willy. The complete download is 7,04 GiB. When only giving changed files -- and just copying over the old ones is not enough, you must do some renaming/deleting as well -- it is reduced to 1,05 GiB. And when I create binary patches of the changed files I estimate that the 911 MiB of changed files will be reduced to a 46 MiB binary patch. Add 163 MiB of new files -- new scenes and characters or a total of roughly 0,2 to 0,3 GiB (based on a 241 MiB scene file which was reduced to 12 MiB binary patch).

I'm not sure if the extra complexity is worth the effort. I think most people can't do it with the proof of concept I made. But maybe if someone can make it into a full proof Windows program? The same goes for the just changed/new files. That means copying/renaming and sometimes deleting. That more people can probably do, but is also a process which must be done precisely. I think this also needs a full proof Windows program.

But I now know that it can be done and that even the Visionaire developers don't understand what a 100% digital copy means. It seems to me that the more technology we have, less people really understand how things work. Am I becoming old and grumpy?

Hazard Zone

May 30, 2018
Clearly one of the best games so far in adult gaming history. The only games for me that are above Adventures of Willy is Aurils Tails of Azeroth. Keep on going Nenad.

Reactions: Blup Blup

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
I did a quick search but there seems to be multiple products with the name "RAR opener". I thought the 9-zip was a typo -- I thought you meant 7zip -- but there seems products with this name also. Can you provide links to the products you use. Especially the first so I can investigate it...
Both programs, RAR Opener, and 9Zip were free downloads from the Microsoft store. I am sorry, but I really don't have much more information than this:
9Zip =
RAR Opener =

Good Luck!

Reactions: Blup Blup

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Hmm, I was afraid of this. Strange unknown names for programs. And indeed some vague Windows 10 apps. Arghh...

Well I can't test those. Don't have Windows 10 and then you can't even download them. Hope someone else can test the RAR opener and check if that one contains a bug were not all files are extracted. May be it can't handle some of the compression schemes? But then it should warn the user that it can't extract some files because of that. But then it is an app and those are most of the time poor quality. I see the same on Android...

tigier

Jun 5, 2017
they still have the same cheap tights
Nenad, you do not have anything sexy
There is a lot of sexy underwear that the dick tears up in pants Nenad Asanovic or buy such clothes in a game for girls it will be super sexy

these are examples

Reactions: erikus

kaneda95

Feb 12, 2018
Nemoud ! .... (Nenad ! yes that the one) .... Please ... could you really fix this FUC**** problem ! ... please !

Yes I already tested your advice by removing bookmark01 .... and yes this is only savegames from this version (0.20)

Reactions: gigsaw78

Justaho

Feb 10, 2018
is there another link to down load game tried three times with link on first page and it don,t work

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
just waited 12 hours and got something went wrong and the link shut down
the game is HUGE in filesize. Depending on your memory / browser config / MEGA BW Quota / weather or not you use MEGA plugin / etc, you can easily fail the download.

i suggest use the torrent download (the torrent file is attached on the OP first post)

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes