dr FeelGood

May 9, 2017
Unfortunately, the torrent doesn't include a few things, specifically the updaters (win/mac/lin) and the save folder (instead of just the save .exe).
If I already have made the update from version 0.26 to 0.27, what purpose is to make big torrent even bigger /1+GB/? Especially if they do not work for windows!

And, "Willy D Savegames 027.exe" shall do just what it need to do: Create save folders with all saves and bookmarks so You can CONTINUE the game from end of v0.26!

You remember how many times we have questions> Where is save folders?
Even dev decide to have it as an *.exe to avoid that problems!

Ahh thats what you meant.

Guess I will resume downloading torrent and play from start
You do not need to run from start!
1. Download torrent
2. Unpack it
3. Run "Willy D Savegames 027.exe" and wait until finish
4. Run game and load save of v0.27 start
5. and enjoy :)

Reactions: Coyote13

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Btw @Blup Blup, did you add MindtheGap's list for the current non-repeated scenes on page 216 for your walkthrough?
Correct. In the rewrite I did for v025 I already added some tip boxes were Willy had the last chance to repeat a scene. See for example Claudia MMF. The list of MindtheGap contained a few I think I've missed so I will check those in the next full play I start tomorrow...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
For me, I just want the full game. I don't care much about save files, since I have no problem playing this amazing game from the start.
In that case you don't need the savegames from Nenad. When you start a new game it will automatically create a bookmark01.dat if it doesn't exist. That contains the game state of a new game. When you finish an episode a bookmarkXX.dat will be created. That is how Nenad makes the savegames as well.

People who want to play v027 content only need the savegames. Also people who want to play from a certain version. But those shouldn't be in the torrent or they must be duplicated in the Mac, Linux and also all patch version as well. Better is a separate torrent. Or because they are small a normal Google or Mega folder.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
But if you want Mac, Linux, updaters, or saves in the directory format instead of the .exe format, this torrent is not good for you.
Almost correct. Nenad doesn't export a Linux version because that can be created from the Windows torrent by downloading a small engine file. That is one I create and can be found in the walkthrough folder. See my signature for the link. Read the instructions in the archive. Unpack its content in the folder were the Windows exe is.

The same could be done for macOS as well, but I and the person who makes the patches don't have much macOS knowledge on how to do this. It should be possible because you can do this for Ren'py games as well. There you can download a script which adds the Linux and macOS part to a Windows game if they are not included by the developer of the game...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
There are updaters for all 3 platforms supported - Linux, Mac, Windows.
Those updaters don't contain the game engine! At least not at the moment. They update the game files with the new content through a process which can be run at the mentioned OS. So the macOS updater (patcher is a more correct term) updates the game files on a macOS. It will work if you have a previous downloaded Windows game. So ideally we are working to the following system to minimize the downloads:

Windows full => most people use Windows so it is logical that this contains the game files as well as the Windows engine
Windows patch => converts the previous Windows full (or patched version from an earlier full) to the newest version
macOS patch => converts the previous Windows full (or patched version from an earlier full) to the newest version
macOS engine => adds the platform specific game engine to the Windows full version (or patched version)
Linux patch => converts the previous Windows full (or patched version from an earlier full) to the newest version
Linux engine => adds the platform specific game engine to the Windows full version (or patched version)

Because we don't have the macOS engine yet Nenad is also exports a macOS full version at the moment. Because the engine files are small -- less than 50 MiB -- they could be added to the patch files for that OS as well. But that is work in progress at the moment...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
If I already have made the update from version 0.26 to 0.27, what purpose is to make big torrent even bigger /1+GB/? Especially if they do not work for windows!

And, "Willy D Savegames 027.exe" shall do just what it need to do: Create save folders with all saves and bookmarks so You can CONTINUE the game from end of v0.26!

You remember how many times we have questions> Where is save folders?
Even dev decide to have it as an *.exe to avoid that problems!
Why make a big torrent even bigger? Because:
  • There are other platforms besides Windows. Supporting them is a good thing.
  • Those other platforms don't run the savegame exe; instead people on them want the savegame directory.
  • You don't need to download everything that is in a torrent. You can choose to download each file individually, so a torrent with everything could serve everyone, each picking the stuff they need.
Almost correct. Nenad doesn't export a Linux version because that can be created from the Windows torrent by downloading a small engine file. That is one I create and can be found in the walkthrough folder. See my signature for the link. Read the instructions in the archive. Unpack its content in the folder were the Windows exe is.

The same could be done for macOS as well, but I and the person who makes the patches don't have much macOS knowledge on how to do this. It should be possible because you can do this for Ren'py games as well. There you can download a script which adds the Linux and macOS part to a Windows game if they are not included by the developer of the game...
For 0.21 I downloaded the engine and made a Mac app and config file that could be dropped into a windows distribution and run. I posted it here, but nobody was interested, so I dropped it. To do this again, we could have a script that took the raw player, then copied everything but the DLLs and exe from the Windows install to <app>/Contents/Resources, then renamed the app. A Mac app is just a directory that has executables, libraries, and data files in known places, with the ".app" suffix.

What version of the player are you currently using, @Nenad A. ?

ReyBell

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Guys can someone post saves for start of fersion 27? .. i downloaded game v27 and there are saves for version 25...

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi, i'm on 0.27 and when i'm going to Dee Dee when she see for the first time Dean my game freeze ... Am I the only one who have these problem ? thanks

Miyka

May 28, 2017
Torrent for 0.27 :eazyHype:

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6172CAFEFB3BDEA997226102671D0BDADD1E94F9&xl=9153041811&dn=Willd+D+_0.27.torrent&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fisland-server.com%3A2712%2Fannounce

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
You can choose to download each file individually,
Interesting. I recently started with torrents and the main reason was this game. I didn't know this, but currently I'm helping Nenad with the official torrent for his Patreons so I download the old fashioned way. Will investigate this.

For 0.21 I downloaded the engine and made a Mac app and config file that could be dropped into a windows distribution and run.
At that point I was more interested in a Linux version and the possibility to create patch files. So I've overlooked this. After v021 the engine was updated from 4.x to 5.x and those can't be downloaded from the Visionaire website. We have however an export from Nenad. In v027 the engine for macOS and Linux was updated again. However I will ask the person who is now making the patch files to this. I'm not familiar with macOS although I bought one for some low level experiments. The graphical interface and other fancy stuff is not for me :)

Sorry for overlooking but glad I made the comment. Because this is another piece of the puzzle we are trying to solve for Nenad and the large Visionaire games in general...

Dekix

Donor
Sep 30, 2016
i don't know if it has been posted already but i have a problem with Maria and Jade ... i can't talk to them, you click on them but nothing happens ... does anybody has the same problem .. or does someone can share both save files from the end of v 0.27 ?

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes