Ren'Py Abandoned Aeos: The NSFW Adventure Generator [v0.4 Demo] [DergeProductions]

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hey all, I am reading comments and stuff. It's fking 38 degrees right now. My internet is cutting out. And I am burnt out from the two days it took to prepare the steam release. I am working offline right now building Toppot. I try to make it a point to respond to everyone. Today I may be unable due to intermittent uploads of my heatstroke.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I can vouch for that Derge must of been running almost nearly 16 hour days for 2 days straight. I had a nice chat and watched him work on code and game art and discussed features of the game to 5am in the morning with him myself until I had to get some sleep. He really needs a good day break at least after running 32 hours in 2 days.

Reactions: Dergeproductions

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Heat fixed. Internet working. Game's on Steam. What next? I have been reading you comments and giving this a lot of thought.

I think this is the direction I want to take things:

I will spend the next 72 hours working on a new update for the demo and the Steam versions. The updated versions will be V0.6 Demo "No broken promises" and .12 EA "A strong beginning".

The goal for the v.06 demo is to go line for line through your comments and mine and not miss implementing anything... reasonable... we discussed haha.

Then to show clear progression, but also ending for where the demo stops, and the paid version would begin.

After that and at least a few hours with the community for bug testing, we upload v.12 EA "A strong beginning" for our Steam players. This will include all changes to the demo, and the new features, more to do with godhood and conquest in chapter 2. Not that we use chapters anymore. I refer to post first god power.

Also for my Patreon, you all most of all, and so those willing to join and support me further there know, we are interally discussing whats next for the community. Whether its a toss up of early access and art, or if special versions of Aeos are going to be release to Patreon only. Maybe stuff that I can't release on steam. I don't know yet. I will review guidelines and dicuss it will all of you! - Derge

side note. I made an avatar. 0:)

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
You could have just said "Sorry, I won't put in lolis". Seems kinda rude. Or just tell people that they can put the thread on ignore, because this kind of content won't be put into the game.
I Just maybe come off insensitive. I am not use to this even being acceptable to ask for. Really this type of content shouldn't be okay to produce, correct? lawfully.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Ok! Research done. Only 97 broken or yet to complete promises to fix to make the game great and community happy. Hold my beer.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Laws are different, but for you irrelevant. Your law, since you want to make money with patreon and steam are their rules, nothing more, nothing less. And since they are a prude bunch of hello kittys there cant go anything wrong with your laws if you follow their rules...but it will cut off lots of fun and possible content and i am not talking about their opinion to lolis, but general.

Feb 12, 2020
Laws are different, but for you irrelevant. Your law, since you want to make money with patreon and steam are their rules, nothing more, nothing less. And since they are a prude bunch of hello kittys there cant go anything wrong with your laws if you follow their rules...but it will cut off lots of fun and possible content and i am not talking about their opinion to lolis, but general.
I mean just because a creator's goal might be "to make money" it doesn't necessarily mean they're willing to do something they personally find objectionable.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
I Just maybe come off insensitive. I am not use to this even being acceptable to ask for. Really this type of content shouldn't be okay to produce, correct? lawfully.
Pretty sure that was in reply to this post from the creator where he litterally talked about it, as if he thought it to not be legally allowed.
I mean just because a creator's goal might be "to make money" it doesn't necessarily mean they're willing to do something they personally find objectionable.

Feb 12, 2020
Pretty sure that was in reply to this post from the creator where he litterally talked about it, as if he thought it to not be legally allowed.
In previous posts, Derge has stated that they are uncomfortable with some users calling Lucy a loli, uses an art chart to specifically avoid association with it, and in this specific post Derge says "shouldn't be okay... lawfully" which the language would indicate that they feel loli content should be against the law.

Maybe they meant "isn't" instead of "shouldn't" but the fact that Derge used shouldn't in the first place appears to indicate a stance on the issue anyway, particularly since they said "Not cool. Leave." when replying to a loli requestor. A lot of the issue though, stems from that some users apparently call anything that isn't an anime MILF a loli when they request it, which seems needlessly confusing considering there is a big difference between loli and not loli.

Anime really needs a better word since I tend to use loli for everything that doesn't look like a milf as well. I always assumed Lucy is a young adult in 18-ish human years, not sure what her race is.
So, yeah I don't think Derge is cool with actual lolis, legality notwithstanding.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
LOL in the post where I asked them to leave they didn't ask for lolis.

They were literally asking for UA/CP.

That's what started all of this. And yeah it made super uncomfortable. Then they states Lucy was.

After that I got more defensive because this wasn't a matter of Loli. Whatever that is or isn't. It was stemming from something inappropriate.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
In previous posts, Derge has stated that they are uncomfortable with some users calling Lucy a loli, uses an art chart to specifically avoid association with it, and in this specific post Derge says "shouldn't be okay... lawfully" which the language would indicate that they feel loli content should be against the law.

Maybe they meant "isn't" instead of "shouldn't" but the fact that Derge used shouldn't in the first place appears to indicate a stance on the issue anyway, particularly since they said "Not cool. Leave." when replying to a loli requestor. A lot of the issue though, stems from that some users apparently call anything that isn't an anime MILF a loli when they request it, which seems needlessly confusing considering there is a big difference between loli and not loli.

So, yeah I don't think Derge is cool with actual lolis, legality notwithstanding.
Responded above.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I responded with a reminder of how this started above.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I responded above. It's important to note the person starting my response and this debate was not requesting loli. That term was used by another. I became defensive and started my albeit personal and uninformed opinion on it, because the term Loli was being used to soft or replace what the original posters actual intent was.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Just bought the game on Steam, and I encourage others to do so as well if not support the Patreon to help the development.
Thank you Panda! I posted an update to everyone on patreon. I will show some cole notes on my progress here too.

Completed:

sfw/streamer mode - COMPLETE
Gui upgrade - COMPLETE
Grind be gone (too many people only looking for casual experience) - COMPLETE
CP 1 = Arcadies - COMPLETE
c... mouse clicker - COMPLETE
Chapter 1 resources added for civilization management: - COMPLETE

khermerker

Jan 29, 2018
mmmm now wonder if buy it today or tomorrow as I said in steam, but well no lolis then I will ... not change my mind, but well in my opinion works of fiction should be allowed as long the one that buys them are adults. Now allowed and forced to be made are different, for me he promise corruption and that sell me, I like those type of games (yup play corruption but don't see that going to steam or any other place... actually buy an alpha of that with the pace of developer... mean an alpha of 3 years... but well hope this get less time... ), so hope your project go well.

Lordsamuel

Jun 13, 2017
pledged on patreon with what money i did have after i bought the game and another one on steam probably gonna upgrade it to 20 CAD buck ( Canadian Buck since this is my local currency) if i have enough after converted some money into EUR for a Game Subscription (Account is Europeans don't ask me why long history)

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
mmmm now wonder if buy it today or tomorrow as I said in steam, but well no lolis then I will ... not change my mind, but well in my opinion works of fiction should be allowed as long the one that buys them are adults. Now allowed and forced to be made are different, for me he promise corruption and that sell me, I like those type of games (yup play corruption but don't see that going to steam or any other place... actually buy an alpha of that with the pace of developer... mean an alpha of 3 years... but well hope this get less time... ), so hope your project go well.
I don't intend to take even 12 months to finish the game.

2.00 star(s) 4 Votes