4.40 star(s) 18 Votes

aacbhfcabcacabhb

Feb 24, 2018
Weekly Update
Hello everyone!

Made a lot of good progress on the animations this last week and hopefully I can keep this momentum going!
At this rate I may be able to release Katelyn update sometime this month!

I don't want to promise anything right now. I'll hopefully have a solid release date soon!

In the meantime. I'm going to continue working on this steamy yoga animation.
Have a good week, everyone! :)
TL;DR:
Gaining momentum and getting shit done!
dadf2327-c01d-483a-b7e7-d2121c1ecf8b.png

ohadmiller

Feb 17, 2018
To run the mac version, you need to make two specific files to be executable.

In terminal, go to the folder that contains the app, then run the following two commands:

chmod 777 AftertheFire.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64/AftertheFire
chmod 777 AftertheFire.app/Contents/MacOS/AftertheFire
could you explain how to do it? don't understand how to get to terminal and what to write there?

aacbhfcabcacabhb

Feb 24, 2018
Weekly Update
Hey all!

I'm sorry that this update is a little late, but I wanted to have good news to share in this post.

My good news is that the animations are all done! I literally just finished the last one 20 minutes ago.

The next phase is to add all of the new work to Ren'py. The coding shouldn't take too much time. I'm still a bit of a novice at Ren'py (After the Fire is the first project I've made using Ren'py). If any of you guys looked through the coding to AtF then it was probably pretty apparent how simple the programming is.

I don't think the simple coding is an issue, as long as there's plenty of art behind the product then some people ought to like it, right?

Anyways, with what is left for the long-awaited Katelyn update it seems like it will be available for you guys pretty soon. I don't want to promise anything yet, but the more I work, the more excited I get!

I don't have anything to share preview-wise this week, so I'm just gonna put this tiny picture of Kate from one of the new locations and call it square. ;)
TL;DR:
All art is done! Time to code!
1603292454064.png

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Weekly Update
Hey all!

I'm sorry that this update is a little late, but I wanted to have good news to share in this post.

My good news is that the animations are all done! I literally just finished the last one 20 minutes ago.

The next phase is to add all of the new work to Ren'py. The coding shouldn't take too much time. I'm still a bit of a novice at Ren'py (After the Fire is the first project I've made using Ren'py). If any of you guys looked through the coding to AtF then it was probably pretty apparent how simple the programming is.

I don't think the simple coding is an issue, as long as there's plenty of art behind the product then some people ought to like it, right?

Anyways, with what is left for the long-awaited Katelyn update it seems like it will be available for you guys pretty soon. I don't want to promise anything yet, but the more I work, the more excited I get!

I don't have anything to share preview-wise this week, so I'm just gonna put this tiny picture of Kate from one of the new locations and call it square. ;)
TL;DR:
All art is done! Time to code!
View attachment 867741
Nice, finally the next update was in the final stage. Very long waiting but I feel like this one could be worth it

Reactions: aacbhfcabcacabhb

manawana

Sep 21, 2020
Awesome it seems like the update is almost here. When do the weekly progress updates get posted? Looking back at the dates it seems like it varies unless the person who posts them here doesnt post them right away. Just very excited!

aacbhfcabcacabhb

Feb 24, 2018
Awesome it seems like the update is almost here. When do the weekly progress updates get posted? Looking back at the dates it seems like it varies unless the person who posts them here doesnt post them right away. Just very excited!
If you are talking about them posting here I post them like a couple of hours after the dev has posted because thats when i have time. The subscribestar posts though vary. There has been a pattern for this month where its been posted Wed-Mon-Wed. So if thats any indication hopefully today. If not just a day or two later. Dev seems to be in the final stretch though so I am also looking forward to it also.

Reactions: manawana

aacbhfcabcacabhb

Feb 24, 2018
1603761501192.png
Weekly Update
Happy early Halloween everyone!
Decided to whip something up for all of you! :)

Coding is progressing smoothly. I just finished up Katelyn's biggest scene a few minutes ago.

This build is almost done! It may be ready this month for the $5 tier.

The way I am planning on releasing the build is; $5 will gain access to the build as soon as it's ready, then the $1 tier will gain access to it 2 days later. Then it will become public 2 days after that.

Also,
I have noticed that my SubscribeStar posts have been reposted other places. I honestly have no problem with this. Those updates are meant for whoever is interested in After the Fire. I am actually going to start making these weekly updates public so it is easier for everyone to be updated.

However, when builds are posted to subscribers, I hope they are not reposted to the public for free until the public builds are ready. I'm not going to try and delete reposts of the build (I'd rather just work on the next build than worry about the last build.). I'm just gonna rely on the honor system. If you want to play a build before it is public, then hopefully you will consider supporting. :)

TL;DR:
Coding is almost done and Weekly Updates will now be public.

aacbhfcabcacabhb

Feb 24, 2018
Since the dev decided to make weekly updates public this may be the last time I post it here since you could just go to the subscribestar page and see them for free.

Reactions: katzen.klo

manawana

Sep 21, 2020
So the update might come tomorrow or the day after it seems since the post said it might be completed this month. How exciting!

Aug 23, 2017
Hey all. Sorry for not posting here for a while. I do want to let you know that the second build for After the Fire was just released for $5 subscribers on my Subscribestar. If you cannot pay $5 then that is ok. The build will be available to $1 subscribers on November 1st and then for free to the public on November 3rd. Thank you for being patient. :)

ohadmiller

Feb 17, 2018
Hey will the build hve a Mac version? As up till now there wasn't a way for Mac users to enjoy this game!

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes