thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Goddamn! I'm just start playing the game but I must say this one feel very different to most of the Ren py games here, most likely because of the voice acting in the intro and during the cutscenes. They sound very professional and make me thought it was some game from big studio with large budget, you make me have a very good impression with it. The animation and models...well, it was a mixed between good and feel a bit cheap after such good VAs but I accept it and enjoy for what it is. So far the story, lore and sex event are very interesting and I like it a lot. The relationship between MC and Kyra are very great and feel real, I legit feel quite both joy and sad to see how much Kyra love him to the point of willing to follow him to a battle that can 100% guaranty of their death without hesitation. Not just that but Coren are a cool dude follow MC to the end too, best bro I can ever wish to have
Can't wait for more updates in the future, I'll bookmark and keeping my eyes on your project. Wish you the best

Last edited:

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I just started playing it right now (like right now), I have barely played for 5 minutes but let me just say as far as first impressions go, it was one of the best.
I am hoping it keeps up with the expectations as I play more xD
Will drop a review once I am done.
Thanks man! And thanks for your review, I appreciate you saying both what you liked and didn't like in a constructive way, it'll help me improve the game in the future :)

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Hey, could you try the compressed version and see if there are still problems? There's a link in the original post.
Not the original guy but I just tried the update with both versions and the cutscenes aren't playing for me either. Even my previous trick of saving during and reloading didn't work.

I did however figure out the issue. I play muted and for some reason that is preventing the cutscenes from playing. Guess I'll be starting the game over to see what I missed.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
None of the animations works, I just get a black screen every time there's supposed to be an animation. It's never happened in any other game I've played, do you have any ideas on how to sort it? Classy Lemon

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
None of the animations works, I just get a black screen every time there's supposed to be an animation. It's never happened in any other game I've played, do you have any ideas on how to sort it? Classy Lemon
Hi, I'm currently looking at it trying to figure out the cause. Could you try muting or unmuting the audio and see if it makes a difference? It's possible that the audio track is causing issues.

Agrugh

Aug 6, 2018
I really enjoyed this game so far. Just one question, why doesn't it have a Futa/Trans tag, it's very short but if you look in the third door after getting the room key in the inn two women are having sex and one clearly has balls.

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I really enjoyed this game so far. Just one question, why doesn't it have a Futa/Trans tag, it's very short but if you look in the third door after getting the room key in the inn two women are having sex and one clearly has balls.
Ask the mods, I've requested a tag update twice but nothing's happened

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021

Hey Classy Lemon

I tried both the AfterTheInferno.exe and the AfterTheInferno-32.exe for both the compressed version and the standard version.
No change, same *Black Screen* issue.

I don't know if it will help, but in the Sex Scene gallery, regarding the top middle scene of page 1 (the thumbnail looks like a grey(ish) lady's ass).

This image actually loads to a picture (of cowgirl position) with numbers on the lower left and a next/cum button on the right. IF I click on any buttons I get *Black Screen* and have the same problems as the other scenes, but maybe this one image working will give you a hint?

Best of luck, hope the info helps.
Thanks to Cernunnos the problem has been found. The mute button seems to be affecting my cutscenes for some strange reason, so the solution is to unselect the Mute All function in the options menu and instead drag the volume sliders down to 0 manually if you want to play without sound, it should work then.

Reactions: hobobobb

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
Thanks to Cernunnos the problem has been found. The mute button seems to be affecting my cutscenes for some strange reason, so the solution is to unselect the Mute All function in the options menu and instead drag the volume sliders down to 0 manually if you want to play without sound, it should work then.
Cheers, bud. I tried it and it seems to work.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Classy Lemon

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
I am really liking the game so far. Plot is very interesting, and the art style is different and pleasant. I thought it would be strange at first but it grew on me quickly. I am looking forward to a lot more.

So this game so far has finished Cressas story. I had her not steal, go to school, and so on, would it have made a difference if I had her steal and not do school? Is there alternate endings? Will we be able to pick a girl to end the game with when everything is done? I knoew we only got cressas story so far but I would choose her in a heartbeat.

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I am really liking the game so far. Plot is very interesting, and the art style is different and pleasant. I thought it would be strange at first but it grew on me quickly. I am looking forward to a lot more.

So this game so far has finished Cressas story. I had her not steal, go to school, and so on, would it have made a difference if I had her steal and not do school? Is there alternate endings? Will we be able to pick a girl to end the game with when everything is done? I knoew we only got cressas story so far but I would choose her in a heartbeat.
Glad you liked it. Yes there are two different endings to her route :)

Reactions: JB08

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
So I've not yet finished the current content but I have a few preliminary comments or feedback.

First, as a general rule I dislike slow text speed, I'm a fast reader and its annoying to wait for the text, usually I set it to instant, I just find it more comfortable, yet even with it set as such there is often times where the text is more of a slow read-out style.

Second, I'm up to the stage where we're looking for jobs, we've just talked to the miller, I don't understand why we're looking for jobs, the MC has money, wanted to give her money but she didn't want a handout, ok fair, so why doesn't the MC hire her as part of the merc company, she's a pyromage so surely she could be a worthy addition to the 5 people he's still got left, right... ?
Pay her a signing bonus, boom done, job and money problem solved.

Third, I don't get the point of the sandbox, as a rule I dislike sandbox because 99% of the time its pointless and/or tedious.
This one is at least so far not tedious.
It can work in titles such as "Love of Magic", which is more like a game than a VN but here it just feels pointless since so far [as before I've just talked to the miller] there really has basically only been one thing to do anyway.
As I said though, so far its not been tedious, so its not a big issue, I just don't quite understand it's point.

Finally, that all aside, its pretty good so far otherwise.

Reactions: JeremyCole300

41shadox

Feb 21, 2021
So I've not yet finished the current content but I have a few preliminary comments or feedback.

First, as a general rule I dislike slow text speed, I'm a fast reader and its annoying to wait for the text, usually I set it to instant, I just find it more comfortable, yet even with it set as such there is often times where the text is more of a slow read-out style.

Second, I'm up to the stage where we're looking for jobs, we've just talked to the miller, I don't understand why we're looking for jobs, the MC has money, wanted to give her money but she didn't want a handout, ok fair, so why doesn't the MC hire her as part of the merc company, she's a pyromage so surely she could be a worthy addition to the 5 people he's still got left, right... ?
Pay her a signing bonus, boom done, job and money problem solved.

Third, I don't get the point of the sandbox, as a rule I dislike sandbox because 99% of the time its pointless and/or tedious.
This one is at least so far not tedious.
It can work in titles such as "Love of Magic", which is more like a game than a VN but here it just feels pointless since so far [as before I've just talked to the miller] there really has basically only been one thing to do anyway.
As I said though, so far its not been tedious, so its not a big issue, I just don't quite understand it's point.

Finally, that all aside, its pretty good so far otherwise.
Here's my take on it. He can't hire her because they're not actually getting any contracts, and are unlikely to get any due to the state of the company, so they're just living off their own savings currently. She needs a stable income so a handout wouldn't help much.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Here's my take on it. He can't hire her because they're not actually getting any contracts, and are unlikely to get any due to the state of the company, so they're just living off their own savings currently. She needs a stable income so a handout wouldn't help much.
Sounds like he needs someone to go round up new contracts then ;)

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
all scenes are just a black screen for me

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
those longass helmets annoy me to no end, even great helms dont go half as far down as those....those guys cant look left or right without the helmet slamming into their shoulder and lets not even talk about tilting your head down a bit lol

4.50 star(s) 127 Votes