3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

NIKI87

Jun 3, 2017
third year forensic student, looks 15. Seems legit.
Why not put him in the final year of high school? It would be more believable.

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
Are people really complaining about the MC height on a "mommy" game. Oh well, different shades for different folk but this sort of talk doesn't really match the initial audience pull in from as far back as the original development thread. Motherlove, which was the name of the game before certain themes got vetoed.

NIKI87

Jun 3, 2017
Are people really complaining about the MC height on a "mommy" game. Oh well, different shades for different folk but this sort of talk doesn't really match the initial audience pull in from as far back as the original development thread. Motherlove, which was the name of the game before certain themes got vetoed.
My only complaint is that he is too old to be so short. If the dev put him in high school i wouldn't complain.

dirtyscrote

Jun 14, 2017
But one thing I'll never understand is why devs use Unity, and then try to code features like rollback to make it more like Renpy, instead of just using Renpy in the first place. From the dev notes, this doesn't appear to have anything that Renpy couldn't handle.
Same reason as you dont use a wax crayon (well i dont anyway) for all writing tasks. Renpy is nice enough for scripting slide shows maybe interpolating translations and displaying some simple buttons, but show me a renpy game with actual gameplay or a properly non linear story or a heavily customised UI which isnt either buggy as hell, stutters to death as it cant handle the redraws, breaks existing saves as the save contains previous versions state and the dev renamed a variable, or a vastly inferior version of something written with some clue as to how to use a screen buffer (i.e. four elements, the walking bit with tenzin and the coin game, while technically clever are poor examples of there type and would benefit from not being scripted in renpy....)

As for rollback in unity its not difficult you just need discipline and to start with a transactional data store you can rollback not try and tack it on after the fact, solved problems for decades in business software (c# powers a shitload of bespoke business software, and c# is what the lions share of unity dev work is about)

GrumpyMatt

May 11, 2017
Damn, i managed to get bachelor's degree, drive a tank, get gf, driving license and alcoholism since it was announced, but here i am seeing this relased. Lets see if it was worth waiting!

• Haha
Reactions: Drill Sergeant

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
I like the way this looks a lot. I'll give it a shot after maybe one more update so I get an idea how fast updates happen/cus I'd really love to see some story XD

3.40 star(s) 57 Votes