3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

Elvishious

Afterglow Developer
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Hey guys!

I would like to make our first post mortem on the project even if it is not completed. The amount of work we had to do in order to have a system running and all the tools ready for production looks like a completed project to me, that's why I'm here to report and address everything we did right and wrong and based on the feedback we've gathered on various platforms. Thanks to that demo, we can try to find solutions in order to be ready for the development of the story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The results of the demo, despite the rough edges, is still a success for us because we managed to nail the points that we set as goals for the long term.

I'm sorry I couldn't address everything in this post and will make a conscious effort to be more proactive in the future. You can follow all the feedback I gathered on the and my progression on them. If your feedback is not on the page, feel free to notify me about it.

Thank you for taking the time to read our thoughts and explanation. We're looking forward to the future of the project!

Much Love,
Elvishious

Last edited:

Elvishious

Afterglow Developer
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
  • (fix) Unlock the navbar when returning to your bedroom from the townmap
  • (fix) Cleaning the localization file
  • (fix) Cleaning the outputlog
  • (fix) Notification changes now saved correctly
  • (fix) variable name for named characters (only in dialogue, forgot to apply that to the name on top of the dialogue box).
  • (fix) Dream sequence where characters name were shifted
  • (polish) increase the font size in dialogues
  • (polish) clearer thinking dialogue box
  • (polish) Issue where characters named other characters too often
  • (fixed?) Linux/Mac version, couldn't find anyone to test them (sorry)

EDIT: Mac version confirmed to not work if you don't force permissions on it.
Open terminal : chmod -R a+x [drag and drop game.app] hit enter

EDIT2: with or without that command line, the Mac build doesn't work. I'm looking for solutions on my end to compile it on macOS.
I'll keep you guys in touch with the Mac situation.

EDIT3: just realized that some feedback was actually directed toward the actual name written on top of the text box.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So know that I'm fixing that, and update the download links as soon as I'm done.

Peace

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
when the developer packages them correctly: yes they work
A bugfix was released this morning (CET); possible that it is the same version as posted on OP, and I can confirm that the Linux version works. Both Mac and Linux use Mono to compile the games, so if Linux works Mac should work too.

Have you tried the bugfixed version yet?
1604599140556.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Elvishious

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for the info dump! I always find it very interesting to learn about those developments and the design decisions behind them, as well as the issues that come with it. Also it is an excellent way of engaging with the fan base by being more open about your work so I appreciate that, and will look forward for more of those!

I was going to say for the dev team to not be too disheartening by the "mixed bag" general reaction; frankly it's not that surprising given the amount of hype that the game garnered over the years when contrasted with the amount of content of the current demo.

But while there are some valid criticism being made, there are also quite a few dumb takes by people who know nothing about the project, so I guess what I'm saying is that at least for now don't worry too much about it: take the good feedback and improve on what needs it the most, and continue to refine and add more content because ultimately the best way to prove the haters wrong (and build confidence with the fans at the same time) is to let your actions and your work speak for themselves, so please keep pushing forward! We'll be following and supporting you all the way.

Jester35

Jul 28, 2017
Seems really interesting, I really dig the art style. Will you keep with the incest/shota themes even if not officially but through a patch, or you ditched those themes?

Elvishious

Afterglow Developer
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
You spent two years making VN engine for Unity when you could have just used Renpy. There is a reason why people tell devs all the time to use it. Unity is a waste of time and resources.
Why do people still cook when they can directly buy canned food?
There's enjoyment in the making, this project is for you now that the demo is out, but during the making I had it all for myself, enjoying each and every minor upgrade I could make while learning to be a better programmer.

BionicBagool

May 30, 2020
How about we move the main cast to Alabama, so they would fuck each other faster and we'd get all the H-scenes by 0.2 release. I mean, minor version shift is pretty much slow burn for that context :LOL:

But seriously, devs, don't get discouraged by the mixed reviews. According to the demo, you've got all that it takes to make a great H-game. So stay true to your formula and it's gonna be fantastic.

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
The CFNM vibes from the intro alone are off the charts.
I respect a slow burn, and how much Eroticism and Nuance seems to be coming our way with this.
Don't change for anyone Devs, this lil' gem is already on trajectory to be Legendary.
And hello again to anyone who remembers me from the Discord!

3.40 star(s) 57 Votes