3.40 star(s) 57 Votes

funfetish

Jan 11, 2018
There's not much here besides a gameplay demo
It's dissapointing after all this time, hope they weren't collecting from patreon for all this time

However, if they plan on focusing on content from this point on i can see great potential because the art is really nice

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
OMG people here really need to start to use their big brain before they write their ridiculous post here.

First of all this is a demo and not an alpha or beta build therefore not much content in there. Second, Patreon and Subscribestar accounts were launched after the demo went public. The past 2 or 3 years they didn't collect a single dime from anyone.

They probably stockpiled a number of "images" to be able to release constant updates. Releasing a demo with 1,000+ images and then waiting another 6 months for 200 - 400 renders would be an insanely bad way from dev to promote their game.

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017
While I'm glad this has finally had a release after so long, having seeing it all progress from pretty much the beginning - I do think releasing it without so much as a single scene was a bad idea. It's definitely not the strong start it could have been. Hopefully now that the framework is there updates can come thick and fast.

Reactions: Elvishious

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Can't believe it's finally here. And that it's changed from that horridly on-the-nose "Motherlove" title.

Seems it's light, even for a demo, though; definitely waiting for more updates before I touch it.

Also: I've always wanted to say that the art style is fucking hot, but the chins... need some work. They really could be less pointy.

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
Right, needed something to get my mind off of what may happen here in the States where I live - so, I thought I'd have a look at the code in order to make a patch. I found a file in '...Afterglow 0.86\Afterglow_Data\Localisation' called 'characters.csv'. Mucked about with some of the values, and got some improvement on the relationship between the boy and his mum landlady, but it wasn't a total success.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Unity or free time (or general competence) may take a gander therein, sort it out, and share their findings.
Cheers!

EDIT: To be clear, the values I mention are changing text entries such as 'landlady' to 'Mum'', and not actual integers representing relationship levels or anything.

SlowDance

May 5, 2017
I think I figured it out. Changed 'landlady' to 'Mom'.
Try renaming the attached file to 'characters.csv' and putting it in '...Afterglow 0.86\Afterglow_Data\Localisation'. You may want to back up the original 'characters.csv' in case my neanderthalic understanding of the coding causes problems. Please let me know if it's the case. Wishing the best for all.
Cheers!

EDIT: Please use cold_arctus' file below. Cheers!

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I think I figured it out. Changed 'landlady' to 'Mom'.
Try renaming the attached file to 'characters.csv' and putting it in '...Afterglow 0.86\Afterglow_Data\Localisation'. You may want to back up the original 'characters.csv' in case my neanderthalic understanding of the coding causes problems. Please let me know if it's the case. Wishing the best for all.
Cheers!
It is a dirty workaround. The characters.csv file has a few mistakes in it. Better use the fixed one attached below (rename characters.txt to characters.csv) or wait until Dev release a bugfix for it.

You can change Landlandy to Mom, but it won't fix the "Meg" in the dialogues. Those lines are "hardcoded" and need to be extracted first.

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
the Mac release is missing the execute flag on the binary.
Fixed that the game starts launching just to stops because: Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 16.28.49.png

anyone having the same issue?

3.40 star(s) 57 Votes