4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Dr.Dro

Nov 8, 2018
Well... no one forced you to buy AMD, I'm more than sure that the problem is in the video card of this company, most games and technologies are made specifically for nvidia video cards. Personally, everything works perfectly for me on the 3060, I just downloaded it and was able to play right away. The only thing that bothers me is the lighting, which turns off as soon as you leave the room.
Nvidia themselves forced me to buy AMD lol. Like you said though most games are made for it since 4090 is top and been around longer so most devs using UE5 probably working on nvidia gpu. that said think anyone talking about not working on AMD is a problem and something the dev should check out.

That said yeah the game just keeps crashing for me on 7900xtx windows 11 dx12 11900k 64gb ddr4. So besides it being an AMD card or cuz I'm ussing ddr4, which doubt, idk. Tried low settings etc. mean character creation look nice I guess though. Would like to try it so keep it up dev and maybe see what the deal is with amd cards so could create a larger audience I guess :)

Reactions: evaw

Dr.Dro

Nov 8, 2018
like the framerate is good when starting and everything, besides the hair in creation...that shit still janky even after your tip/ it just start fine then like 30 secs crashes after start

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
So Epic expects most devs to be able to achieve 30 FPS using Lumen to light interiors on next-gen consoles. The fact that many people here are getting 60+ is already well above that estimate
When did you release on console? take care to not conflate pc benchbarks with consoles. if you are having to control the lights to keep the game running smoothly then there are other issues.

-inter

Oct 16, 2019
Hey just wanted to write is their a possibility to disable the jiggle physics? I prefer a more realistic approach to things even in multiple engines etc and the way the ass jiggles is just wayyy to much

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
When did you release on console? take care to not conflate pc benchbarks with consoles. if you are having to control the lights to keep the game running smoothly then there are other issues.
Not conflating anything. My point is this: Lumen is a new technology. Epic themselves have said you can expect around 30 fps if you are using it to light interior scenes. Many people here are getting much higher frames than that. This is good, not bad.

MARK2580

Sep 6, 2019
On a RTX 3060 you are well above what the average consumer is using for hardware. Probably most people here are using GTX 10 series cards or lower.
rtx 3060 is about gtx 1080 in terms of performance, I was very upset when switching from 1060 to 3060, I expected about a threefold increase, but in reality I got only a twofold increase and this video card, to put it mildly, can’t even in 2K resolution, you will have to sacrifice a lot of settings.

You can already disable Lumen by switching to Medium or Low graphics settings. I intend to make use of the dynamic lighting that Lumen provides, so it will be here to stay.
at least make sure that there is always light in the player’s visibility, these dark rooms look very stupid, but your house doesn’t turn off the light instantly as soon as you leave the room.

Reactions: MaxSDVXXXL

crazytrain116

Oct 30, 2017
Not worried about PC specs and shit at this point bc my old ass Dell at least runs this pretty well. Curious to see what the next update looks like and what more character customization options there are (i.e. pubic hair - unless I'm an idiot and completely missed this). Overall decent for just a walkaround sandbox only suggestion I would say is the underwear cut looks like ragged drawing, which I'm not sure is just a current limitation. Not complaining by stretch though again nice job with this.

LazyLizard

Sep 7, 2019
I don't understand: why just not to turn off the options requiring to have new generation of videocards?
This RTX function doesn't take any effect unless if you are professional developer who knows how to use it.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I don't understand: why just not to turn off the options requiring to have new generation of videocards?
This RTX function doesn't take any effect unless if you are professional developer who knows how to use it.

This isn't really the case. Many modern games make use of RTX; Cyberpunk, Battlefield V, Hitman 3, Doom Eternal, Spiderman, etc. It has moved beyond being a new feature used by enthusiasts to being a mainstream feature. You can disable the RTX settings in the graphics menu in the game anyhow.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Yet another "Hey, look, I can make a character in MetaHuman" animation demonstration with absolutely no gameplay.
Just a tip, guys, being able to pack a metahuman character in a house based on a blueprint system doesn't mean you're able to make a game.

Reactions: Lets

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Yet another "Hey, look, I can make a character in MetaHuman" animation demonstration with absolutely no gameplay.
Just a tip, guys, being able to pack a metahuman character in a house based on a blueprint system doesn't mean you're able to make a game.
The game isn't made with MetaHuman characters.

MaxSDVXXXL

Mar 31, 2022
This has not been proven yet

Aug 19, 2020
Yet another person who makes presumptions based on past experiences instead of keeping an open mind.

As others have said, it is too early to tell. Personally, I think this could go well, provided that the developer gets enough time to work on it.

Last edited:

GaryG89

Aug 6, 2020
Looks great so far. What are system requirements for smooth graphics? The character movements are very blocky, and laggy, including any kind of panning.
Cheers

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes