4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
no foreskin, every house has an american flags outside, that tattoo..
mutt's law in full swing lmao

The foreskin thing is a technical limitation (for now), USA flags are because it's a marketplace asset (I didn't put them there) but the tattoo was a personal choice so I'll admit to being an Amerimutt :WutFace:

Sep 13, 2017
Untitled.png
I bet most of the people who were waved away "just go get dx12 bruh" had dx 12 already.
doesnt have vulkan support, no d3d11, no opengl and it doesnt even work with dx12, unreal.

Constructing tech demos with deliberately maimed scalability is the new trend, i guess.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
View attachment 2505801
I bet most of the people who were waved away "just go get dx12 bruh" had dx 12 already.
doesnt have vulkan support, no d3d11, no opengl and it doesnt even work with dx12, unreal.

Constructing tech demos with deliberately maimed scalability is the new trend, i guess.
Hi, chinaman (AMD 锐龙 5 3500X 处理器 (China Only)), what gpu are you use? & Windows build 17 not support Dx12.

ddesi

Nov 11, 2022
Try reading the Installation instructions

Installation:
SPOILER

1. Extract and run.
HELP if game won't run: Afterparty requires that your hardware supports at least DirectX 11, though it is recommended to have DirectX 12. Ensure your graphics drivers are updated, and that they are obtained from the official website from your card manufacturer (Updating drivers via Device Manager isn't always reliable). If it still won't start, navigate to "Afterparty\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us" and run "UEPrereqSetup_x64.exe"
Done,but i've the same error

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
View attachment 2505801

The reason I'm "waving people away" to update drivers is because it works and is solving many people's problems.

Nanite requires Dx12 to function, this is not a limitation unique to my game but rather a hard requirement for all modern games made in Unreal that will be using Nanite. Vulkan support in the future is also a possibility. OpenGL will not be supported.

If your hardware cannot support Dx12, then chances are high that you will not be getting playable frames with this game to begin with. If your Dell laptop with integrated graphics can't run modern high fidelity games, I don't know why you would expect to play a game like this and expect it to be any different.

My laptop from 2014 can run this game and get playable frames on low settings with scalability turned way down. I realize it's a hassle to ensure your drivers are updated, but if Sysinfo is telling you that your hardware does support Dx12 yet the game won't run, the only possibility is that your drivers are not updated (or you need the prerequisites). That's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LobsterWithKrabs

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Next will be "uPdAtE yOuR bIoS, iT's aLmOsT 3 yEaRs oLd" :LOL:
Nanite and Lumen are features that released officially in April 2022. They are new. You will need to update drivers to use them. I really don't understand the confusion and apprehension about this, it's just a quick thing. BIOS is not a requirement to use these features unless you are running a machine created in Ancient Egypt.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
Because this bitching about drivers and specs on a demo is dumb. Here is UE5's Nanite requirements, I also included what the maxwell generation of cards include. Remember that is min specs for the engine not the game

Supported Platforms

Nanite is currently supported on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, and PCs with graphics cards meeting these specifications, using the latest drivers with DirectX 12:

• NVIDIA: Maxwell-generation cards or newer
  • AMD: GCN-generation cards or newer
  • All newer version of Windows 10 (newer than version 1909.1350) and Windows 11 with support for are supported.
    • Windows 10 version 1909 — The revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350.
    • Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 — The revision number should exceed or be equal to .789.
    • DirectX 12 (with Shader Model 6.6 atomics), or Vulkan (VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64)
  • Latest Graphics Drivers

GeForce Gaming Graphics Cards and Notebook GPUs with Maxwell Architecture:
  • First generation Maxwell
    • Graphics Cards
    • Integrated Notebook GPUs
  • Second generation Maxwell
    • Graphics Cards
    • Integrated Notebook GPUs

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Any sex scene exists or not redy in this version? i wanna download this , very cool game somebody answer plz
What? You say "very cool game" but have not downloaded it? What's stopping you? Read thread and make sure your machine is up to date in terms of hardware and software.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Nanite and Lumen are features that released officially in April 2022. They are new. You will need to update drivers to use them. I really don't understand the confusion and apprehension about this, it's just a quick thing. BIOS is not a requirement to use these features unless you are running a machine created in Ancient Egypt.
It's hard to relay a joking tone via text :LOL: I agree with you. The thread didn't even have a second page when I tested first and it worked perfectly fine for me. I too don't understand why people don't keep their drivers up to date. This is not the early 2000's when you keep the same driver because you finally found one that works.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Hot damn, Unreal 5 is something else!
The visuals are ridiculous! The character creator is well-balanced; you've got enough choices to make a noticeable impact but not so many that it takes 4 hours to create something you're satisfied with :ROFLMAO:

There doesn't seem to be much, if any, sound in-game yet, so combined with the fact that lights auto-toggle when walking in and out of rooms, I felt like I was about to get jump-scared constantly.

You've got a fantastic framework for story-telling here. Very much keeping this on my radar!

EroStudio

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
I'm pretty sure you will be able to get enough funding if you turn your current DAZtoUE pipeline to a UE plug-in and put it to UE marketplace. One dev for this scope of project looks very ambitious. If you eventually one man finished this project without good funding (like enough for hiring extra hands, no cookie money), that will take at least 3+ yrs for what you described above.

But anyway, I want to fully support his one since it is a super promising tech demo regarding of the character assets and features.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes