Granyala

Nov 2, 2019
Reminds me of 7 of 9 vs Ensign Kim from Voyager.
"Do you wish to copulate?"
- speechless Ensign -
"Take off you clothes, don't worry I'm not going to harm you."

alex2011: Ah that I can understand. I've written entire stories for my characters in MMOs. :D

• Haha
Reactions: EroShane

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Here is a teaser with the few small changes I made and the complete revamp of the game's AO settings. Completely did away with the whole MSVO plugin and turned on the SAO plugin then set that up. On 3840x2160 res with full settings getting 30-55 fps steady and on 7680x4320 pulling around 22-28 at the moment... I'm sure she'll scream at 1440p or 1080p now...
MinorAdjustments.jpg
Screen capture 4K UHD mid morning near Shan's house...

At this rate I'll be able to turn AA back on to smooth those edges back out...

EDIT: Just tried clicking on the Better Antialiasing plugin in the BepInEx mods and set my shadow cascades to 4 and ran around the ruins... FPS held strong between 35-40 on 2K/4K resolutions with no stutter, hanging or radical drops. Going to start slowly dialing up other settings to see how it affects frames. I think the MSVO (which Unity suggests against using unless you are "on a very high end PC" because it requires about 20x times the GPU RAM that SAO does) may have been the main culprit in the graphics dying so often... We'll see, but if I had to bet I think this was it...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Reminds me of 7 of 9 vs Ensign Kim from Voyager.
"Do you wish to copulate?"
- speechless Ensign -
"Take off you clothes, don't worry I'm not going to harm you."

alex2011: Ah that I can understand. I've written entire stories for my characters in MMOs. :D
Same here and I think I remember a scene like that. I do tend to get elaborate with my own creations, I love writing fiction more than almost anything else. It only falls short to music.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Here is a teaser with the few small changes I made and the complete revamp of the game's AO settings. Completely did away with the whole MSVO plugin and turned on the SAO plugin then set that up. On 3840x2160 res with full settings getting 30-55 fps steady and on 7680x4320 pulling around 22-28 at the moment... I'm sure she'll scream at 1440p or 1080p now...
View attachment 464923
Screen capture 4K UHD mid morning near Shan's house...

At this rate I'll be able to turn AA back on to smooth those edges back out...
That is freaking gorgeous, nice work.

• Love

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
EroShane this does not seem to work for me. care to elaborate where you set those keybinds?
Ah yes, as Alex pointed out early when I told someone "space bar" for something, I had to mod a lot of the BepInEx plugins because of my compact gaming keyboard I use (it lacks a numpad). Let me look real quick and I will find the plugin file and the original settings button... un momento por favor...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
EroShane this does not seem to work for me. care to elaborate where you set those keybinds?
It's the "scale_time.cs" and the keys are located in lines 35-37

35. ____systemCommands.OnKeyDown(KeyCode.PageUp, () => ScaleTimeBy(2f));
36. ____systemCommands.OnKeyDown(KeyCode.PageDown, () => ScaleTimeBy(0.5f));
37. ____systemCommands.OnKeyDown(KeyCode.End, () => {

I altered those lines but they can be changed to whatever you like...

Go here:

Scroll down to properties and rename PageUp, PageDown, and End in the above lines to whatever you want them to be...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
That is freaking gorgeous, nice work.
Thanks man... Trying to get this thing optimized like Illusion should have done... Balancing looks vs resources to get stability and a nice picture... It's a little more difficult than I imagined though lacking the source code. LOL!

I thought, I'll just load this up in Unity, delete their post processing profile and script my own... Bzzt! Wrong... LOL!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks man... Trying to get this thing optimized like Illusion should have done... Balancing looks vs resources to get stability and a nice picture... It's a little more difficult than I imagined though lacking the source code. LOL!

I thought, I'll just load this up in Unity, delete their post processing profile and script my own... Bzzt! Wrong... LOL!
Of course, you're dealing with some fairly high level stuff considering the overall impact this will have on game operation. I'd be careful, though, they may not be done with it yet. They won't push out a solo fix patch unless there's a significant break somewhere, which I haven't seen so far since everything I've seen is avoidable. If they do, it will likely be included with any DLC they put out, if any. They probably will put out a DLC of some type, considering their history, so might want to be prepared in case anything needs to be adapted to work with the DLC.

AdmiralAtago

Sep 18, 2019
How do you get more than one girl? I have one girl and I’m at the water like ruins/base?
Or is that normal until you get to the other island?

Granyala

Nov 2, 2019
How do you get more than one girl? I have one girl and I’m at the water like ruins/base?
Find consoles -> plug in Battery -> load girl.
There are 3 you can activate for a total of 4 girls.

Looks nice, though keep in mind it may very well be too early for complicated mods such as this. There are patches to come and it would be sad if your work would be partially negated by them changing base stuff.

joMB1

Sep 9, 2019
Or a link? I can't find it by search.

That's the latest version that works with Screwthatnoise repack 2.0
There is a guide in japanese inside.

It's a hard mod so be careful.

It's based on the VRGIN mod and the unofficial Koikatu mod, there is a patcher that is supposed to do the globalmanager changes for you but I didn't get it to work in that way as I had a previously patched version. If you need to patch it yourself follow this guide that was created for Koikatsu, it works, you just have to stop before the IPA patching.

In case it fails, here is my globalmanager file:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Looks nice, though keep in mind it may very well be too early for complicated mods such as this. There are patches to come and it would be sad if your work would be partially negated by them changing base stuff.
Look for the ones next to the large machines specifically.
AI_2019-11-19-09-31-00-389.png

Reactions: AdmiralAtago

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
So I fixed the issues with AA and Bloom, this is with the Better AntiAliasing 1.3 ON and set to 8 in graphics settings... Anisotropic Filtering ON and updated to be modified in the Nvidia settings as well. Bloom ON and adjusted high setting. Shadow Cascades set to 4, Distance 40, Near Plane 2.75, projection Stable, quality soft and hard, and shadow resolution very high... Set to 7680x4320 or 8K res... which is now semi-stable also... 22-38fps...

Okay will need to decrease the image size to 4K, getting "the uploaded image is too big error." Screenshot taken in 8K but reduced to 4K at 80% quality... :/

BetterAA.jpg

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019

Since this overrides the calls in the actual game.dlls in the C# scripts of the vanilla game, then injects them via the sideloader, I doubt they will be broken and if they do it will be easy to fix since I doubt they will change the layout of their folder structure altogether.

The edits are in Unity's core files and the post processing scripts...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Lovely sunset, planning on having kids and already built a playground I see. :D
I did have two playful girls here but moved them to the housing island, I don't think it's even necessary here now as no remaining girls have the playful skill... LOL! It was funny watching them play on it though...

InaB_

Oct 7, 2019
thanks EroShane . Got the scale_time.cs changed and will test it out now. Do You have some proficiency with creating scripts like that? I'm, looking for a script/pointer to skip those pesky pickup animations when picking up ressources, mining, catching insects, etc.

MotherRussia69

Nov 3, 2019
Hey everyone I have asked this questions before but no one has anwser it so far, so can someone explain these questions?
How did my character get into that island?
So the girls are robots?
Why is the island ruined, what happened?
Why do the girls exist? Who made them?
Why does the boat take me to a huge island? What's the point of it?

Also, while I am enjoying the game, I find it a bit creepy when I got to the last area where everything was destroyed

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes