27X

Oct 30, 2019
Since h*ngfire is dead, it looks like this is the place for new illusion game discussion and modding. Is this the major modding forum now where people are posting mods? Curious because I put together a mod searching tool so we can much more easily browse mods over here. Currently there's no listings since nobody is using the code generator yet but I'll be looking out for feature requests and it will evolve over time. That thread is the only thread the catalogue monitors at the moment. It also should help us (the illusion modding community) find where modders are active and help if there is another forum implosion...
Discord; and since discord is the place where the majority of mods lie and are published of and about, you can expect the honeymoon of free content to eventually dry up as people push paid content, just like the last three I games.

Last edited:
Reactions: TankyThomas

mocodabanana

Feb 26, 2019
can anybody help me, StudioNEO just doesn't open for me. I have no idea why though, no error messages, nothing, it just doesn't open.

edit: Ok, i actually found out a moment later because i remembered that paths have to be short for illusion games. To fix it i just placed it in a place with a shorter path.

Reactions: HiddenGameMember

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Discord; and since discord is the place wheer the majority of mods lie and are published of and about, you can expect the honeymoon of free content to eventually dry up as people push paid content, just like the last three I games.
Doesn't really matter if it is free or not. Finding somebody's patreon is another thing that the listing catalogue makes easier. I don't think forcing people to sign up for discord is better than a webpage people can view and search easily. I might add a listing harverster for discord in the future if it makes sense. AI Mod Catalogue is supposed to eventually be the functionality of the steam game search with an easily decentralized database akin to torrent trackers. In fact I'm adding user defined tagging and filtering beyond the core categories next. If somebody wants to find high heel shoes then using something like the steam game search page is going to be a lot easier than looking at a forum or discord. Regardless, free or not has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

nuriental

May 29, 2019
been meaning to ask... i'm running the latest better repack, but the male uncensoring works only partially (it's as if the mosaic and the uncensored version clip one through another). i had the same issue in the previous repack as well, even with a clean install. it all looks fine in the character creation, but during gameplay, parts of are still censored. anyone know of a possible solution?

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
ah i seee.. thanks a lot man XD

and here's the strange thing... i already follow the instruction rule from the github.... but i still can't find it on my plugin setting.... is there a thing or two that i skipped accidentally ? thanks before
Probably, I had issues when it first came out, had to get instructions from 2155X himself/herself... Will get back to you shortly as I believe I published the instructions here somewhere as many had issues...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
ah i seee.. thanks a lot man XD

and here's the strange thing... i already follow the instruction rule from the github.... but i still can't find it on my plugin setting.... is there a thing or two that i skipped accidentally ? thanks before
If you have the ScrewThisNoise BR2+ it's simple... You extract the "AI_ExtraGirls.zip" to the game folder. Check your BepInEx>Plugins folder after, should have a new folder 2155X and inside the AI_ExtraGirls.dll... If we are on the same page you are done here...

Launch the game and load the save you want the girls on. Open the phone and click the settings/options gear icon. In the pop-out on the top left, at the bottom of the list, you will see "Plugin Settings." Click that. A new pop-out window will appear, at the top you will see "AI_ExtraGirls 1.0.0" -- click on that. Adjust the slider to the total number of girls you want in your game...

Save the game, then go back to title, then exit.

Reload the game.

Head to any terminal and select "Change Girls."

When the pop-up with the list of girls appears, use the mouse wheel to scroll down past the last name to the "-----" and click it. Now select another of the girls you created or create a new one like before.

Exit the terminal and turn around --voila, there she is...

If you do not have BR2, then you need to install the BepInEx Bepis (Koikatsu) plugins first... That is an altogether separate thing. Everything is linked in 2155X's Discord post though...

Reactions: ChubbyCheek

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Doesn't really matter if it is free or not. Finding somebody's patreon is another thing that the listing catalogue makes easier. I don't think forcing people to sign up for discord is better than a webpage people can view and search easily. I might add a listing harverster for discord in the future if it makes sense. AI Mod Catalogue is supposed to eventually be the functionality of the steam game search with an easily decentralized database akin to torrent trackers. In fact I'm adding user defined tagging and filtering beyond the core categories next. If somebody wants to find high heel shoes then using something like the steam game search page is going to be a lot easier than looking at a forum or discord. Regardless, free or not has nothing to do with it.
Since you're about four years out of date, I'll catch you up to speed.

The spaghetti tangle and attribution mess that was HongFire is dead. Doornail dead and never coming back, nor is anyone likely to want it to seeing as people like flashbangzzz were able to get threads stickied on hongfire with stolen content, most especially modders likely aren't going to be all ears on any kind of resurrection. Hongfire was a trainwreck of broken pages broken authors and broken links. Ain't nobody got time for that.

The last Illusion game that sold well over budget and expectations was Honey Select. The launches since then have been squarely in niche territory for pretty obvious reasons. Since these games sold and played super niche, the modding community moved squarely in that direction. Which means, flatly speaking in a factual manner, the modding moved to Discord. Period. AI Girl modding lives and dies on Discord, period. If you meander back over to the topic you started posting in, you'll note that most of the mods listed are Patreon and public re-releases of mods based entirely in Discord.

Free or not has a great deal to do with it because of the games' until now launch and curation history. Quite frankly if it wasn't for STN being the hentai batman both needed and deserved, and AI girl selling about three times more copies than they thought they were, with a western release possibly imminent, this likely would be a different conversation. One part however about that conversation unlikely to change is Discord is where the modding is. That's the way modders want it, and the users thereof seem fine with that situation, so you might want to pull back from that really pretty tree you're staring at so you can take a look at all the other trees behind it, cause the context matters pretty significantly.

Last edited:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Since h*ngfire is dead, it looks like this is the place for new illusion game discussion and modding. Is this the major modding forum now where people are posting mods? Curious because I put together a mod searching tool so we can much more easily browse mods over here. Currently there's no listings since nobody is using the code generator yet but I'll be looking out for feature requests and it will evolve over time. That thread is the only thread the catalogue monitors at the moment. It also should help us (the illusion modding community) find where modders are active and help if there is another forum implosion...

Here is our community tested mods:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ai-girl-ai-modding-directory-discussion-thread.39184/page-8

Here is where all the development is happening:

Also note that ManlyMarco, 2155X, ScrewThisNoise, and others are on Patreon as well. If you want the cutting edge.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Someone have the latest update of DHH 1.15 plugin ? Thanks

Uploading it now, will send you a link... I just noticed that it was dropped... DHH has stopped support and quit modding due to a new job and life events.

We kind of knew this was coming a month ago, but it looks like all his/her links are down now...

Last edited:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
and one more question: one of the loading screens mentions that girls are more likely to agree to H invitations if their desires are: "pleasure" and "stimulation". which exactly is the "stimulation" desire, i haven't seen it in the list, so i assume it was translated differently. i am i correct in assuming it's "thrills"?
Yes... There are like 5 machine translations all from different sources. The most common is the Google one, the most accurate is the Yandex one (this can be configured in your plugins). However, none have been adopted as the "commonly used" one yet so yeah, the terms are all over the board (thus when I explain anything in depth you will see me list 4-5 different words for each value in question). Ironically, through experience and practice, you will find most of these words are not correct either, but likely have alternate contextual meanings that are not English equivalents.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
... (snip) ...
Modding community on discord is fine and all but as a consumer of mods too I think it is a heap of shit to browse. Just give me, the consumer, some previews, download links or maybe a patreon to visit (but don't force me to rub elbows with other degenerates like myself /s). It is also clear that other major modding communities move in the direction of subscriptions like nexusmods.com but I would rather see it move toward data feeds with a user friendly interface and let the user decide what they like and not the modding community. Being able to dump a community if it doesn't maintain link quality is absolutely on the near horizon for this as I plan for it to be highly decentralized. On a per-user basis, you should be able to filter any mod listings that come from posters you don't like or has broken links for example. On a community (data feed) level basis, I'm planning on basically letting the user add and remove data sources from the catalogue via some simple UI +- button and that would absolutely work with private feeds... If I'm the only user that wants a simple mod catalogue to browse efficiently like booru sites or steam games then I guess I wasted my time (but I doubt it). Also yeah, Hongfire was garbage by the end. Wasn't that way back in 2006.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Someone have the latest update of DHH 1.15 plugin ? Thanks
Sorry was having issues with Github and had some repository upload errors. I think it is ironed out now, sorry for the delay...

EDIT: Now on file 4 of 5, it's dragging ass super slow-like... What the hell is the hang-up with all these file sharing networks anymore being absolute crap!? I "member when" you could upload a 4GB HD movie to the interwebs in under an hour and download that crap in 10 minutes... Now he we are going into 2020 and it feels like we are back in 1999.

EDIT: Processing uploads now to commit...

Last edited:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
and one more question: one of the loading screens mentions that girls are more likely to agree to H invitations if their desires are: "pleasure" and "stimulation". which exactly is the "stimulation" desire, i haven't seen it in the list, so i assume it was translated differently. i am i correct in assuming it's "thrills"?

This may help you to keep up with the most common currently used terms... LOL!

nyetdragon

Jul 28, 2018
She's just fine. The point is dancing doesn't require high darkness or perversion, just that they have enough to hit the threshold.
Also maybe if you have a lots of other things to interact around the dance stages, pool, etc will also reduce girls probbly to dance.

So instead i do this ... put lots of dance stages, pool, etc without other things to interact except those stages also also avoid installing Wild skill.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
guys when i make a new game(first time) it stuck and crash on loading screen, someone help me plz
Troubleshooting this myself right now... not getting anywhere. For me I updated from R2.0 to 2.1 then 2.2 and it started, first load in worked then when I went to the housing island it locked up in the load screen, since then I cannot even get the game to load at all (infinite load screen, hasn't locked up on me, the load screen is loading and cycles the images, but never enters the game, let it run for about 30 minutes at my longest experimental attempt, but normally the game boots in under a minute for me). Pulled out all the mods and scripts, deleted everything in Bepinex, put it all back fresh and still the same result. No idea what the problem is...

Here is my Widows Error Report
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Ignore the "missing mods" warnings they weren't there originally as I removed all mods and scripts on the last attempt to get it working... There was one original conflict in the loading sequence for Higeo FaceMod, that was it, but removing it resolved nothing.

UPDATE: Loaded up BR2 and the game loaded fine initially, but crashed when I travelled to the housing island. Probably going to be a best bet to download a fresh BR2.2 complete from the torrent as there is obviously a conflict coming from something pre-BR2 in my particular case. I'll just have to introduce mods 1 by 1 until it's isolated...

Last edited:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Yeah, pulling 3.8Mbs down on the torrent (1hr 2min arrival time) on the "BR2.2 Full Torrent" found at:

It would be less time consuming to replace the game folder and import my UserData then add scripts/mods in one at a time than to screw with trying to fix the botched update (EDIT: that I likely botched -- NOT saying that STN botched it -- for those angry trolls out there looking to pounce upon unsuspecting victims for not-thoroughly explained contextual errancies).

LOL! The system says that "errancies" is spelled wrong... Suggests I instead use "cranberries." Check again you digital spelling nazi! ROFL! :LUL:

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes