Sep 17, 2019
Anyone else still having a blank, white screen freeze on startup? I have the BetterRepack V2, and I can't seem to get the game up and running.

However, upon "vanillifying" the game, as in removing every extra (translations, mods, etc.), I had it working. But I can't play the game properly since I can't read Japanese.
You got an Pm, please read.
For all other who get Problems to start the Game, i share this "downgradet BR2" BepinexFolder.

How to: After installing full Br2- or Br2.1 , make a Backup(put out) of the hole Bepinexfolder from your installed Game outside of the GameFolder,
then replace the downgradet in the Game folder, try running with Initsettings,
This is meant as a troubleshootingHelp for all who get low spec Pc /or White-Black Screen by starting the Game.
Its not the full Funktion of normal Br2, you have to press F5 for the mod settings.
I hopefully be able to Help some People,
Again: Its not a normal Br2 /Bepinex its an Mix with Br1.3 and some Br2 parts for low Graphic or low Cpu.
The Settings you have to make by Yourself, at best in the Start Screen of the Game.
search for DHH mod (^https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-discussion-thread.34853/post-2717911) its helpful too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Varisha

Niflheimr

Jun 27, 2019
If you have the ScrewThisNoise BR2+ it's simple... You extract the "AI_ExtraGirls.zip" to the game folder. Check your BepInEx>Plugins folder after, should have a new folder 2155X and inside the AI_ExtraGirls.dll... If we are on the same page you are done here...

Launch the game and load the save you want the girls on. Open the phone and click the settings/options gear icon. In the pop-out on the top left, at the bottom of the list, you will see "Plugin Settings." Click that. A new pop-out window will appear, at the top you will see "AI_ExtraGirls 1.0.0" -- click on that. Adjust the slider to the total number of girls you want in your game...

Save the game, then go back to title, then exit.

Reload the game.

Head to any terminal and select "Change Girls."

When the pop-up with the list of girls appears, use the mouse wheel to scroll down past the last name to the "-----" and click it. Now select another of the girls you created or create a new one like before.

Exit the terminal and turn around --voila, there she is...

If you do not have BR2, then you need to install the BepInEx Bepis (Koikatsu) plugins first... That is an altogether separate thing. Everything is linked in 2155X's Discord post though...
aite.... gonna try this when i'm home later... thanks a lot

Reactions: EroShane

Niflheimr

Jun 27, 2019
If you have the ScrewThisNoise BR2+ it's simple... You extract the "AI_ExtraGirls.zip" to the game folder. Check your BepInEx>Plugins folder after, should have a new folder 2155X and inside the AI_ExtraGirls.dll... If we are on the same page you are done here...

Launch the game and load the save you want the girls on. Open the phone and click the settings/options gear icon. In the pop-out on the top left, at the bottom of the list, you will see "Plugin Settings." Click that. A new pop-out window will appear, at the top you will see "AI_ExtraGirls 1.0.0" -- click on that. Adjust the slider to the total number of girls you want in your game...

Save the game, then go back to title, then exit.

Reload the game.

Head to any terminal and select "Change Girls."

When the pop-up with the list of girls appears, use the mouse wheel to scroll down past the last name to the "-----" and click it. Now select another of the girls you created or create a new one like before.

Exit the terminal and turn around --voila, there she is...

If you do not have BR2, then you need to install the BepInEx Bepis (Koikatsu) plugins first... That is an altogether separate thing. Everything is linked in 2155X's Discord post though...
ey it works... thanks a lot

Granyala

Nov 2, 2019
Modding community on discord is fine and all but as a consumer of mods too I think it is a heap of shit to browse. Just give me, the consumer, some previews, download links or maybe a patreon to visit
Agreed and most importantly: proper documentation of what mods do, what files they contain, version history etc.

Esp for repacks that bundle mods (I know it's a lot of work, esp when versions come out super quick an I am aware that STN provides an update log). Now, I am not a stranger to code inspection and I could asses some scripts in that way but starting the hunt for a bundled mod that doesn't behave like it should w/o documentation is pretty annoying.

The best example I can give would be the "AIunlockplayerclothes.dll". That file has bugged around since repack 2.0 (update and full pack) and given me the "you can't change your clothing at all during H" problem until I deleted it. Still not entirely sure what it was supposed to do in the first place, but from the limited data I could find it was supposed to make the players clothes dynamic depending on H content like the girls clothes are.

Varisha

Boomer
Donor
Jun 6, 2017
You got an Pm, please read.
For all other who get Problems to start the Game, i share this "downgradet BR2" BepinexFolder.

How to: After installing full Br2- or Br2.1 , make a Backup(put out) of the hole Bepinexfolder from your installed Game outside of the GameFolder,
then replace the downgradet in the Game folder, try running with Initsettings,
This is meant as a troubleshootingHelp for all who get low spec Pc /or White-Black Screen by starting the Game.
Its not the full Funktion of normal Br2, you have to press F5 for the mod settings.
I hopefully be able to Help some People,
Again: Its not a normal Br2 /Bepinex its an Mix with Br1.3 and some Br2 parts for low Graphic or low Cpu.
The Settings you have to make by Yourself, at best in the Start Screen of the Game.
search for Eroshane mod its helpful too.
fix problem with stuck loading screen?

Sep 17, 2019
fix problem with stuck loading screen?
Try it out, its more importend to get the Write Permission to the Game folder, its importend to put the Game in short way on your Hdd, < not in windows/Download/User bla bla bla.. something like D : Illusion/Ai_syuojyo worked at the best.
for some Amd Cpu it will not work there are other troubleshooting more importend , or you get not the right D3d11 File,
If you look in the Log Folder try to figure out wat needet< In Br from ScrewThisNoise is an direkt Link to your Log File.
Get the VSync out, the Game runs hard in GrakaRam You need all to get from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendson and Varisha

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Agreed and most importantly: proper documentation of what mods do, what files they contain, version history etc.

Esp for repacks that bundle mods (I know it's a lot of work, esp when versions come out super quick an I am aware that STN provides an update log). Now, I am not a stranger to code inspection and I could asses some scripts in that way but starting the hunt for a bundled mod that doesn't behave like it should w/o documentation is pretty annoying.

The best example I can give would be the "AIunlockplayerclothes.dll". That file has bugged around since repack 2.0 (update and full pack) and given me the "you can't change your clothing at all during H" problem until I deleted it. Still not entirely sure what it was supposed to do in the first place, but from the limited data I could find it was supposed to make the players clothes dynamic depending on H content like the girls clothes are.
And for the love of god, installation instructions not designed for modders... No one ever gets the install routines, and even people like myself, THAT KNOW C# AND UNITY -- AND ARE ACTIVELY MODDING THIS GAME, have some problems now and again because some of these things have zero instructions... Is it a mod? A script? A sideloader? Do you overwrite the .dlls or do they go into their own folders? LOL!

Lots of issues there... Usually, on Discord, in the chat section (a separate section altogether, DO NOT comment in the mods section on the mod unless you want a flame war), the modder themselves will answer any questions, albeit at times unkindly, but eventually, you get an answer... Not all are geared to customer service. LOL!

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019

It allowed you to put opposite sex clothing on your toons. But men had itty bitty bee sting titties from the female clothing seams and women would have chests instead of boobs, large masculine looking man boobs. LOL!

Reactions: Granyala

BlauBlau

Nov 21, 2019
Is anyone else having problems with scripts in Repack 2.2? specifically, I am noticing ingore_overlap, quick_save, skip_resources.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Is anyone else having problems with scripts in Repack 2.2? specifically, I am noticing ingore_overlap, quick_save, skip_resources.
There are lots of outdated mods and scripts that went unsupported and may have conflicts. It's like Connector_JP's DHH mods, about a month ago he/she announced they were done due to RL stuff and from what I heard, a new job. The mod hasn't been updated since early November and all their hosting is down permanently. People, like me, are reposting the mods and such, but if the BepInEx/Bepis loaders recode in an unsupported manner conflicts will arise. Also, updated sideloader mods may conflict with no-longer-maintained scripts and plugins because their modders may have picked up that code in a mod to keep aspects of the former alive. If so, the sideloader "late update" calls will overwrite other loaded calls. Etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.

I can look at the issues myself and see where, if any, conflicts are occurring (except "quick_save" which I do not use, as there is more or less no need in my opinion) in the next couple days or if the original creators have updates available.

NOTE: Not suggesting this IS the case, just highly likely it may be. Also note, the BR2+ line of repack patches also include the official Illusion updates and bugfixes as well as many unofficial bugfixes that the modding community has patched. These often include changes to the C# Assembly, Unity Engine, Unity System, Post Processing, and Data Pipeling DLLs, as well as add tons of new assets, ergo if there was a dependency that was changed in script in the DLL, then the reference line no longer exists for the mod to work. Ergo the script code needs to be updated to reference the new offical DLL game code location or be rewritten to inject post load code over the official game files.

Just so you can understand what the issues likely are. These are usually fixed quickly, check the modding discord in one of yesterdays posts I put up, or they may have become unsupported. ScrewThisNoise does all he can to test everything before a release but there will always be one or two issues that are situational that anyone can miss, also there is the final end possibility of user error...

Again, not saying that ANY of this certainly is the issue, just the most common series of issues you will encounter with this game's mods right now as the game is still more a "stable beta" than a true "official release game." Illusion is leaning on modders to fix their screw ups still at this juncture in the development, and have pulled the "7 Days to Die" move of including the best mods in their official releases, as I am also certain we will see much more of this to come in coming months. Christmas/New Year is coming so expect a near full rebuild blast of updates, patches, and/or expansions as is Illusion's historic trend.

Reactions: HiddenGameMember

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Okay so just tested and they are all working fine...

Question, did you update or download a "full" version of BR2.2? I noticed if you update 1.3 to 2, then install 2.1 and 2.2 consecutively without loading the game and playing with 2.1 creating a new save (EDIT: entering the game, loading a save, then saving the game from 2.0 to 2.1, not "creating a new save"), and clearing out the BepInEx folders, as directed by STN, there will be conflicts and crashes.

Also, did you use the old scripts, or move them from:
ROOT>[OPTIONAL] Mods>ScriptLoader (Cheating and handy tools)>scripts (then the script of your choice)
To: ROOT>scripts folder?

If you used the old scripts they are likely outdated and throwing errors.

If worse comes to worse, check my post from 1-2 days back where I linked STN's official torrent and download the BR2.2 Full installation then move only your UserData> (chara, bg, cardframe, housing, save) folders... Then extract the scripts from the specific location...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 32 Votes