ghut90

May 29, 2019
Alright guys, first time posting here. I'm a linux gamer and I've been trying to get the most recent repack version working on linux with wine. I use lutris to run all my games as I just find it simple and intuitive so this will be a quick guide on how I got it working with translation under lutris.
Ok first things first, make sure you have the latest version of the lutris wine binary installed on your system. Next use winetricks from within lutris to create a new wine prefix. Unpack the game and choose to add a new game within lutris. The runner will be the wine binary you installed, the executable will be the main executable of the game (I couldn't get the launcher to work even after installing dotnet framework and wine-mono), and the prefix points to the prefix you created. Under runner options tick dxvk and esync. Now for the important part, at this point the game should launch and run just fine (if not make sure to run the registry fixer bat file through the wine console in lutris) but the translation won't work. So to fix this, go back to runner options where you enabled dxvk and esync and scroll down to dll overrides, click add. You will add two dll overrides, the first will have key=winhttp and value=n,b the second will be key=UnityPlayer and value=n,b (both overrides may not be necessary). This will set it so that wine will first try to use the native windows dlls and if that fails it will use the builtin wine dlls. After setting these two overrides your game should launch and the translations should work.
I just thought I'd share this since it was a headache for me to figure out as there was no info but this should get you up and running. Also if I made any mistakes or inaccuracies please do correct me.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Planned Release Date: 17 March

Recommended:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 4000 serise or better
  • Memory: 8 MB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 700 Series or AMD Radeon™ R-2000 Series (VRAM 4GB) or better
  • Storage: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: サウンドカード: DirectSound (DirectX® 9.0c)
  • Additional Notes: The additional expansions (DLC) available in Japan are incompatible.
That's fantastic news, is there any indication this will be like Koikatsu and get an official English translation along with the Steam release?

My girl is sleeping on a bed and I want to interact with her, but the mouse focus is on one of the sleeping slots. How do I change focus to the girl?

Also is it necessary to unlock all the girls in order to access everything in the game? I am fine with just the one girl on my island.
Rotate your mouse wheel to change what is selected. As far as girls, all story can be completed on one girl, but it does take longer since you have less hands gathering resources.

Am I blind or did the notes not say "added new maps"?

I couldn't find anything ingame..
Probably just new studio maps, which would not be in game, but in the studio.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
That's fantastic news, is there any indication this will be like Koikatsu and get an official English translation along with the Steam release?
The screenshots themselves are already in English so, that bodes pretty well if you ask me, and the Koikatsu translation was pretty good too imho.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The screenshots themselves are already in English so, that bodes pretty well if you ask me, and the Koikatsu translation was pretty good too imho.
Nearly perfect, just wish they had done the DLC, but not much point since the DLC doesn't have non sexual content unless you count the revisions to the dating system. With the restrictions Steam put on Koikatsu itself, having to remove the H content from the base game, there's no way the DLC would pass. They definitely got a pro to do it, no doubt. Hopefully this will be the same level or better and hopefully someone will adapt it to be usable with the repack.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Nearly perfect, just wish they had done the DLC, but not much point since the DLC doesn't have non sexual content unless you count the revisions to the dating system. With the restrictions Steam put on Koikatsu itself, having to remove the H content from the base game, there's no way the DLC would pass. They definitely got a pro to do it, no doubt. Hopefully this will be the same level or better and hopefully someone will adapt it to be usable with the repack.
People keep saying they took out the H content, they never did that. People just saw it on steam and some how that was how it went. The game's base steam release DOES have the H content, free H and such. The ONLY things it DIDN'T have were the entirety of the story mode/school mode and any outfits relating/referring directly to school. Other than that, the H content was FULLY intact.

StupidFatHead

Mar 10, 2020
Is there any way to get the girls to stay near the home? They always run off to the ruined city or warehouse.

I like the beach front where its not depressing and laggy. But I never see the girls. They only come over to drop off presents or run into the water and back out. They run around the entire map like mice in a maze, it's ridiculous. What kind of woman showers in a gross rusty bathroom in an abandoned house over a nice private bath on the beach?

ChubbyCheek

Dec 11, 2018
Is there any way to get the girls to stay near the home? They always run off to the ruined city or warehouse.

I like the beach front where its not depressing and laggy. But I never see the girls. They only come over to drop off presents or run into the water and back out. They run around the entire map like mice in a maze, it's ridiculous. What kind of woman showers in a gross rusty bathroom in an abandoned house over a nice private bath on the beach?
first concept Eroshane had made houses to lock up the girls,
I found the last entry for it here, do not know whether there are current ones for it
https://f95zone.to/threads/ai-girl-ai-v1-0-7-illusion.34853/page-216#post-2838455
another links
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-3158688
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-3168307

Last edited:
Reactions: oraoraoraHAPA

kaduos

Nov 1, 2019
It is not, differences in models between the male and female characters. The only positions that are capable of being used by two females are the existing lesbian ones. The only way to do it, because they are technically still considered females biologically while being considered male as far as which positions are available, is to make a futa PC, which would use the same positions as males.
Hmm, so is there a mod that allows you to create females from males, and maybe a strap-on mod instead?

Dehsurc

Jul 15, 2019
Greetings,
Well, watched the game since release and downloaded the versions to play aswell.
As overall , i would say "meh" ~
I Mean We are all kinda pretty used to the Illusion style of the camera movements in the Hscenes ,
and some other stuff that you can recognize , illusion from. But for a game , in 2020 , they really have should done something new... or atleast extended on one of their older concepts.
The current controls are short said : Shit. but whatever about the char. movement controls , ontop of that there is everywhere little small things, that you really should avoid as a game developer... Overlong and unnessesary animations, a bag full of cutscenes and small things that just holding back the game on beeing "Fluid"
My best example, ( and the wish , that they should have really buildup on this concept) is AG3.
The gameplay itself is fluid, you can interact with the girls and get right into H-scenes without any annoying cutscenes... unnessesary talking of the girls or any other shit.
I mean, we all know what kind of games they make...
They know this aswell.
We are probably less interested in the whole "suurviival and crafting" part of the game, ya. thats whatever, let it be total bullshit cause thats not really the main interest in that game. But they really should have improoved themselfes in that , what they known for .
Make it more interactive..... give the player "control" make it really feel like you say " AI Girl "
Cuz right now its more like a sexdoll - yes - no - choose sexposition , kinda thing .

well what they did improove tho are the graphics . Must say, looks good.
And the chareditor is so far the most advanced of all of their games. good work for that.

Ending this wall of text now with 2 questions
1- wouldnt it be possible to somehow "mod" this AG3 behaviour in as they now use unity?
(I am myself a programmer , and developed games , but no clue so far about the modding of illusion games)
2.- what i would really like is to have the character/graphic styles from like Koikatsu or better yet
" CM3D2 " ( even if thats not an illusion game ) wouldnt that be possible to import char models that look like that or even only the texture / bump maps ?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
People keep saying they took out the H content, they never did that. People just saw it on steam and some how that was how it went. The game's base steam release DOES have the H content, free H and such. The ONLY things it DIDN'T have were the entirety of the story mode/school mode and any outfits relating/referring directly to school. Other than that, the H content was FULLY intact.
Huh, I've been hearing otherwise. Anyway, that wasn't my point, my point was that this game doesn't have any of those roadblocks to contend with, so they should have no problem with releasing anything and everything.

How do you download just the game?
By finding another source, the repack is the only version here that I'm aware of and it isn't just the game. I don't even know where to go to find the actual install media.

Hmm, so is there a mod that allows you to create females from males, and maybe a strap-on mod instead?
As far as I am aware, the only strap on you can put on is for looks only. As far as I know, girls can't penetrate and guys can't be penetrated. There is no way to create females from males, the models use different skeletal structures for each.

Where is the quick launch to a naughty session? I can only find the "campaign" and StudioNeo.
There isn't one, the only way to play at all is to do campaign or use the studio.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Huh, I've been hearing otherwise. Anyway, that wasn't my point, my point was that this game doesn't have any of those roadblocks to contend with, so they should have no problem with releasing anything and everything.
I mean, it's also late but, people DEFINITELY should've been aware there was also a patch that UNLOCKED the story mode too (seeing as people just backported the translation to the original Koikatsu which makes sense anyhow.) They had the whole game, TLed story mode and all of course, but the patch was necessary so you could play it. I question how patches don't seem to count for these things, but there was a patch, and even if it needed that, I STILL think they basically brought the whole thing over.

The ONLY exception was the DLC, but they kind of deliberately made it possible to port literally every DLC in from the JP game, except for Darkness which they seemed to make ABSOLUTELY unusable with Party, because every other DLC worked just fine when combined with it iirc. It was PURELY just the darkness DLC, and in light of Steam, it makes unfortunate sense at the end of the day..

Overall, they brought ALL of it, minus the DLC, which is still compatible with the VERY ensured exception of Darkness. Whether or not they ever planned to bring the DLC over remains shrouded in mass mystery..

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I mean, it's also late but, people DEFINITELY should've been aware there was also a patch that UNLOCKED the story mode too (seeing as people just backported the translation to the original Koikatsu which makes sense anyhow.) They had the whole game, TLed story mode and all of course, but the patch was necessary so you could play it. I question how patches don't seem to count for these things, but there was a patch, and even if it needed that, I STILL think they basically brought the whole thing over.

The ONLY exception was the DLC, but they kind of deliberately made it possible to port literally every DLC in from the JP game, except for Darkness which they seemed to make ABSOLUTELY unusable with Party, because every other DLC worked just fine when combined with it iirc. It was PURELY just the darkness DLC, and in light of Steam, it makes unfortunate sense at the end of the day..

Overall, they brought ALL of it, minus the DLC, which is still compatible with the VERY ensured exception of Darkness. Whether or not they ever planned to bring the DLC over remains shrouded in mass mystery..
I say removed, but I'm more inclined to believe they ported everything over to Party as well, just locked the content behind some gate code that needed the patch to unlock it. If they really removed the content completely, the patch would have had to be massive for a patch file size wise because it would have had to include multiple visual files, voice files, costume files, location files, and event files for the story, the H content, and the basic dating system that was in before Afterschool improved it. Luckily, none of that is of a questionable nature in AI Girl or they would have to do the same in this release since there is no dating system, the events are literally just talking and don't reference anything that could come back on Valve like a school setting, and the girls aren't even human and have no actual age, so they can't be underage. Valve has literally no logic with which to say the game cannot be approved or must undergo changes from the original.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
just locked the content behind some gate code that needed the patch to unlock it. If they really removed the content completely, the patch would have had to be massive for a patch file size wise because it would have had to include multiple visual files, voice files, costume files, location files, and event files for the story, the H content, and the basic dating system that was in before Afterschool improved it.
That's what I'm saying the patch does. It's only 284(.49) MB, There MIGHT be some stuff in particular the patch presumably full on restores but for the most part, it's already all in there, that's what I was saying.

And as for AI, that's also what I was thinking, there's not really remotely a reference/focus on school or anything. If ANYTHING there WERE school related clothing that they might take out again but one thing I noticed is that unlike Koikatsu, the store page for AI Girl lacks the adult content warning. (Koikatsu page screen below)

1584175251974.png

This is missing from the AI Girl page, so it leaves you to wonder if they actually took a further approach with AI girl unlike Koikatsu some reason, despite there not being a whole school theme this time around.

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes