Mar 25, 2020
AA2 is vastly superior on mods quality and variety. Ive heard that there is a decent all workaround version out there.

Koikatsu and Aishoujo/hs2 have been a total dissapointment in the modding department. Id say even as a game too overall. Studio is not made to play, never been, but importing models and shit is the easiest thing to do so here we are.

So yeah, if we talk about gaming and fun, those mods are pretty "useless" since a lot of time indeed. Must be hard as hell to mod them I guess.

Reactions: KekKoo

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Yes, because mods are the only thing that recieve updates once a game stops development. That pregnancy example was an example from two different games where mods made a very big change. Neither pregnancy mod added story to go with it, but added function to the game. The Artificial Academy 2 pregnancy mod gave us a way to get pregnancy without a game over, though I've never used it because the Artificial Academy Unlimited mod is a mess right now, and the Koikatsu pregnancy mod gave us a way to actually get a girl pregnant visibly instead of just having the girl talk about it. Missed opportunity, Illusion. Another good example is Kplug for Koikatsu and HS2Plug for Honey Select 2, there was an AI Shoujo variant, but this game got dropped so quickly by modders because of how unoptimized it is that AIPlug never went passed the first release. What these mods did, or will do in the future for HS2Plug, is add positions, a first person view, and multiple other things not found in the games themselves. These are examples of where the real big changes come from. They don't usually come from Illusion, they come from mods. An example in this game would be the extra girls mod, which allows you to go above 4 girls, to a max of 99 if your system is crazy good, the extra girls mod takes a heavy toll on RAM per girl. However, over the last two games, AI Shoujo and Honey Select 2, most modding has been focused on scenery and clothing and mostly for the studio, which is a shame.
a shame indeed.
If it keeps going the Studio route i might as well just stick to VaM since it has more variety and actual real time physics.
Plus it's still being developed and the Devs are actually open to integrating mods as official features.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What's your favourite one bros,this or Honey Select 2?Which one would you say is better or are those games actually the same but with a different setting?
Honey Select 2 is better. No, they are not the same, they only share assets so one can use player created assets from the other.

AA2 is vastly superior on mods quality and variety. Ive heard that there is a decent all workaround version out there.

Koikatsu and Aishoujo/hs2 have been a total dissapointment in the modding department. Id say even as a game too overall. Studio is not made to play, never been, but importing models and shit is the easiest thing to do so here we are.

So yeah, if we talk about gaming and fun, those mods are pretty "useless" since a lot of time indeed. Must be hard as hell to mod them I guess.
Granted ANY game with as much time and interest as AA2 has had to have mods developed will be superior in that regard. Unfortunately, there are some issues with crashes in Artificial Academy Unlimited, which the workaround version, AA2Mini, uses. That's not an issue in this game. Koikatsu isn't that big a disappointment, the modders did a huge job by adding pregnancy where there was only talk about it in the base game, not even talk of having become pregnant like the AA2 game over, but actual visible pregnancy. That is a major undertaking on the development side. AI Shoujo was a disappointment on the modding side because of its disappointment in performance in the base game. It was so bad that even high end computers have trouble getting above 20 FPS. This essentially caused a mass exodus of modders once Honey Select 2 was announced as Honey Select 2 is similar enough in its code to need minimal work to port existing AI Shoujo mods to it, a bit of work, but not as much as creating the mods from scratch. Honey Select 2 hasn't been around that long, so it still needs a bit more time. Mods are in development, one of which could add positions in the future. A mod called HS2Plug.

Mar 25, 2020
Granted ANY game with as much time and interest as AA2 has had to have mods developed will be superior in that regard. Unfortunately, there are some issues with crashes in Artificial Academy Unlimited, which the workaround version, AA2Mini, uses. That's not an issue in this game. Koikatsu isn't that big a disappointment, the modders did a huge job by adding pregnancy where there was only talk about it in the base game
I played AA2 (2014 game) back then when there wasnt even unlimited and etc, people used to talk about the dlcs. We had new personalities, new poses, new rooms to do H stuff, to give an example. Might be around 2017 2018... Kk is about 3 years now.
AA2 basegame has also lots more content in a gameplay terms than KK. KK is very limited and feels like a light version of AA2 with VN underage content.

For me it is. I dont undervalue hard work from people, I know that coding is hell overall and depends on the engine, it just looks like less people actually mod the real stuff, basically because the basegame has a huge lack of it. Does the pregancy mod add value to the gameplay and add more things to play, or is it just a visual mod to accompany the talking schoolgirls has ingame?

KK, Hs2 and Ai are still very limited when it comes to play and freedom, especially KK.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I played AA2 (2014 game) back then when there wasnt even unlimited and etc, people used to talk about the dlcs. We had new personalities, new poses, new rooms to do H stuff, to give an example. Might be around 2017 2018... Kk is about 3 years now.
AA2 basegame has also lots more content in a gameplay terms than KK. KK is very limited and feels like a light version of AA2 with VN underage content.

For me it is. I dont undervalue hard work from people, I know that coding is hell overall and depends on the engine, it just looks like less people actually mod the real stuff, basically because the basegame has a huge lack of it. Does the pregancy mod add value to the gameplay and add more things to play, or is it just a visual mod to accompany the talking schoolgirls has ingame?

KK, Hs2 and Ai are still very limited when it comes to play and freedom, especially KK.
There was more interest in AA2 than Koikatsu because a lot, and I mean A LOT of things AA2 could do, was not carried over and people were expecting Koikatsu to be AA3. Both have this 'underage content' because they have the setting they do, though high school DOES NOT mean under 18 since most school systems hold the final year of compulsory education around the age of 18 by pure chance. Example, the fourth and final year of high school in the US usually falls around students' 18th year of life. The pregnancy is actually functional. The girl will grow within a certain number of weeks, then leave school to deliver and recover, and finally return appearing as normal.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I'm still waiting for their next anime game, and hoping to the skies above that it's AA3. I throw in the towel automatically if it's Koikatsu 2, or any other kind of 2. Honey Select 2 was the last thing I anticipated, and yet it happened, so I can only BEG and GROVEL.

I'm hoping that Koikatsu is to the next anime game (Hopefully AA3) as Happy End Trigger was to AA2, as it made use of AA2-like models/graphics before AA2 happened. Could be wrong on the games (I was indeed wrong, I originally wrote Musumakeup, but it was Happy End Trigger) but something of the sort happened, so to this day, I still hope for AA3. (But I also know not to hold my breath either.)

Mar 25, 2020
It's a shame, really.

the thing is in AA2 you could make teachers, and a big etc, here everything is just limited and everyone will treat you as a young boy. Most of the dialogs implies that you are kid and still growing. We are so limited on everything it gets bored quickly personally. AA2 isnt perfect, but at least you could do a lot of things with the AI and the relationships.
In those late games there is 0 simulation nor relation stuff, its just a farmclick to fuck them all. farm fuck and repeat.
in AA2 they would even kill you or your love partner with certain traits. Was cool.

Ai shoujo, which I played a lot more, and its animations are beautiful, but cry for a lot of sim and "rpg" like content that it will never have... And optimization. Godsake this game runs like a dying snail.

Last edited:
Reactions: KekKoo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm still waiting for their next anime game, and hoping to the skies above that it's AA3. I throw in the towel automatically if it's Koikatsu 2, or any other kind of 2. Honey Select 2 was the last thing I anticipated, and yet it happened, so I can only BEG and GROVEL.

I'm hoping that Koikatsu is to the next anime game (Hopefully AA3) as Happy End Trigger was to AA2, as it made use of AA2-like models/graphics before AA2 happened. Could be wrong on the games (I was indeed wrong, I originally wrote Musumakeup, but it was Happy End Trigger) but something of the sort happened, so to this day, I still hope for AA3. (But I also know not to hold my breath either.)
Honey Select 1 was easily their most popular game among the only people that matter to them, Japanese customers, because, apparently, all their Japanese customers care about is making the girls look good even if those customers will never actually use the girls in game. That's why the focus is always on customization ever since Honey Select 1 and why gameplay suffered in Koikatsu and Honey Select 2. This one was a bit of an oddball since it did focus more on gameplay, but that doesn't really matter much when the performance is so bad that you can barely play properly anyway. Koikatsu 2 or Honey Select 3 are pretty much a guarantee unless Illusion branches out and sees what their new legitimate overseas fans would prefer, which is likely to be more of what we want, gameplay.

It's a shame, really.

the thing is in AA2 you could make teachers, and a big etc, here everything is just limited and everyone will treat you as a young boy. Most of the dialogs implies that you are kid and still growing. We are so limited on everything it gets bored quickly personally. AA2 isnt perfect, but at least you could do a lot of things with the AI and the relationships.
In those late games there is 0 simulation nor relation stuff, its just a farmclick to fuck them all. farm fuck and repeat.
in AA2 they would even kill you or your love partner with certain traits. Was cool.

Ai shoujo, which I played a lot more, and its animations are beautiful, but cry for a lot of sim and "rpg" like content that it will never have... And optimization. Godsake this game runs like a dying snail.
Yes, because that's what high schoolers are ,even at the legal age. Most humans don't technically completely cease development before age 25, though most changes passed age 18 are mental. There is, too, simulation and relation stuff in both Koikatsu and AI Shoujo, but you are right that there was a lot more in AA2. Yeah, I don't do much of AI Shoujo anymore because even my mid range can only get up to 20 FPS with 6 girls. Now, obviously some of that is RAM used by the Extra Girls mod for the two extra positions, but not all of it. In fact, I used to never get below 40 FPS, then things got shifted around in the code. I'll bet at least one DLC is to blame for some of the performance issues based on how I used to have good performance on this game.

Is there a way to keep the hair accessories while the girls takes a bath?
Nope, they are programmed to remove everything. If you're talking about hair pieces, just don't use hair accessories as part of her head. The only way is to get them to not change clothes, which means lowering her humanity stat, but that will also have other effects you may not want.

Reactions: Mr.PtatoAndKoKonut

Ark9

Feb 8, 2018
so im new to Ai shoujo but not to illusion games, i just have a question how to "reset" a girl stats/hearts? like i wanna use some cards that i downloaded but some of the cards already have 4hearts and stats, how do i reset them? making them 0heart and stats like they are "new".
I tried loading the card in chara creation and saving it as a new card but the new card still has the 4hearts and stats, anyone knows how to "reset" them?
Thanks beforehand.

ainzsenpai

Jun 23, 2017
Hi ..I just wann a know something..if this game got update to i just need update the mod or the game also need to update?? Or i need install the new game for latest update??

Thank you.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hi ..I just wann a know something..if this game got update to i just need update the mod or the game also need to update?? Or i need install the new game for latest update??

Thank you.
The game itself has not been updated for a long time, the mods do get updated, though, which is what each Better Repack release is about. If you don't already have the version before the newest update, it is suggested to download the full thing.

caro333

Sep 22, 2017
Quick question
sometimes when you download a char card they have this little star in the corner meaning they alredy have stats and full hearts
is there a way to reset the hearts and stats?

Hagr11d

Oct 18, 2020
so im new to Ai shoujo but not to illusion games, i just have a question how to "reset" a girl stats/hearts? like i wanna use some cards that i downloaded but some of the cards already have 4hearts and stats, how do i reset them? making them 0heart and stats like they are "new".
I tried loading the card in chara creation and saving it as a new card but the new card still has the 4hearts and stats, anyone knows how to "reset" them?
Thanks beforehand.
When you load the character in maker there are a number of check boxes asking you what you want to load. They are all checked by default. If you uncheck "Character" you get the card without the stats.
load.png

ainzsenpai

Jun 23, 2017
The game itself has not been updated for a long time, the mods do get updated, though, which is what each Better Repack release is about. If you don't already have the version before the newest update, it is suggested to download the full thing.
thank you..

Reactions: alex2011
3.30 star(s) 32 Votes