4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Also from what I've heard from a well known MTL/DMTL translator Shisaye, when the game is short such as this one MTL becomes more understandable while for a game that is long the MTL becomes unintelligible.
Sorry, I should have been more clear about it.

The reason quality on long games drops is because, the longer the initial MTL process takes, the more time a machine learning program like DeepL has to crash, or notice that you're misusing the service, starts blocking your requests, etc.

There's basically no difference regarding length using Google-Translate, it stays very consistent.
The immense differences in quality there come from the original writing. Some devs write in regional quirks and Google-Translate quality goes to shit, other devs write in very clear standard Japanese and it goes well.

Also I was specifically talking about my stuff, because all my stuff is manually edited to a degree, and I'm much more likely to do more heavy edits, or notice broken lines to begin with, if I'm not looking at an endless wall of text.

Reactions: NeoGenesis

CharacterDump

Mar 15, 2018
There is two types of MTL and this is what people want to know.

1. MTL (gibberish out. Thrown into a translator no editing done. Just a trash fake translator)
2. EMTL (edited MTL so that it makes sense and is readable. Effort was put in to bring a good game to us)

I appreciate the ones that actually attempt to translate by editing it so it's playable and putting effort into translating it when they do not know the language. Lazy trash MTL I have no DAMN respect for at all stop shoveling crap at us that has no effort involved!
I agree it's not a good MTL and it doesn't need to be respected, but it's functional in this game and allows English speakers to play when it likely wouldn't get translated soon if ever

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018

The instructions in the download file is pretty self explanatory.
Personally, I manually edit the plug in file with notepad since I haven't had much luck with the file that can do it for you.

Keep in mind that you also need to put in a comma for that code, otherwise you didn't close out that plug in that use to be the last plug in.

You are on your own for other games that are still packaged...I haven't attempted that before

Um can you give me a simple step by step with the cheat menu plug in you mentioned ,so I can edit how many lives,luck and fence points to easily beat the enemies and to the character invincible and beat the game or at least a save where I can see the ending.

Its complicated

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Sorry, I should have been more clear about it.

The reason quality on long games drops is because, the longer the initial MTL process takes, the more time a machine learning program like DeepL has to crash, or notice that you're misusing the service, starts blocking your requests, etc.

There's basically no difference regarding length using Google-Translate, it stays very consistent.
The immense differences in quality there come from the original writing. Some devs write in regional quirks and Google-Translate quality goes to shit, other devs write in very clear standard Japanese and it goes well.

Also I was specifically talking about my stuff, because all my stuff is manually edited to a degree, and I'm much more likely to do more heavy edits, or notice broken lines to begin with, if I'm not looking at an endless wall of text.
Oh mb, Thanks for clearing it up. So the thing regarding longer translations being more broken only applies to DeepL only ? Am actually not sure which translation this one is using, all I know is that it was using Translator++ which seems to have tons of different translation options including Deepl I think :unsure:.

Kerrygamer

Jan 5, 2021
Fun fact boys and girls. Want to know if someone translated a game using batch translation with DeepL and didn't bother to even check it or edit it? Just look for the repeating text output that deepL catagorically does when you batch translate with what I'm sure was the holy grail of no effort translations Translate++. I can tolerate google translates crap but noting is more annoying then having to read through the same poorly translated lines twice.

View attachment 2011103
I can see word "soldier A" from below, this translator is too much rushing without check

Reactions: Silentce

Shirokaen

Aug 13, 2017
I've played thru the game and the translation ain't bad, no errors either.

this dude is out of his fucking mind. Been watching too many 6 minute chinese fake anime with fansubs.... Stopped being able to differentiate between "ok" and "I would rather claw my eyes out, guzzle magma, clean my sockets out with nitroglycerine, and then light myself on fire, than read one more letter of this shit"

poor guy.

• Haha

Shirokaen

Aug 13, 2017
Fun fact boys and girls. Want to know if someone translated a game using batch translation with DeepL and didn't bother to even check it or edit it? Just look for the repeating text output that deepL catagorically does when you batch translate with what I'm sure was the holy grail of no effort translations Translate++. I can tolerate google translates crap but noting is more annoying then having to read through the same poorly translated lines twice.

View attachment 2011103
sad part is, this is one of the better quality lines in this one....

maybe I'll talk to some of my friends and see if anyone is willing to team up and retranslate broken's lazy bs game tl's. be a slap in the face for the lazy cuck LOL

Reactions: Silentce

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
this dude is out of his fucking mind. Been watching too many 6 minute chinese fake anime with fansubs.... Stopped being able to differentiate between "ok" and "I would rather claw my eyes out, guzzle magma, clean my sockets out with nitroglycerine, and then light myself on fire, than read one more letter of this shit"

poor guy.
LOL, guess my standards are bit low. For me if I can understand what they mean in the dialogue I give it a passing score.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
Un can anyone give me a game zip file this time with the cheat thing that is this one in it because the instructions feels complicated for my mind

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Linux Port (Final):

Untested
This port should work with all distros
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other Linux Ports
Please message me if there are any problems!

Mac/OSX Port (Final):

x64 (intel) untested:

arm64 (apple silicon) untested:

Other Mac/OSX Ports

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes