Oct 8, 2019
I’m right there with you in that I resent being forced to be in a relationship with certain characters I find unappealing. The only time I am ok with it is when my mc is already in a committed relationship. Even then, I’d still like the option to either stay in that relationship or to end it if I find more appealing options.

It’s been a while since I played this game initially, so I’m a little fuzzy on the details, but after my aggressive choice to kill Izzy and hide the body.... only to have it lead back to me where my mc was summarily executed on the spot... I decided to just suck it up, bide my time and wait for the right opportunity to insert a ‘wedge’ in Alex’s & Izzy’s relationship since I just assumed that our mc and Alex were supposed to be the canon couple at the end. It never occurred to me that this particular game was a little different in that you can’t have one of the girls without the other.

I had hoped a pregnancy would lead to their breakup since I’m wrongly assumed the ‘family’ would insist on marriage as the natural progression as the heir to the family business... In the end, I decided to give Izzy a chance, extend an olive branch and at least try to be friendly if not civil for Alex’s sake and was rewarded by her total change in attitude towards the mc.
I stuck to my guns about her and rejected her every time. Still, on the vacation, she joined in the bed. Then after her kidnapping, she just stuck to the mc. It felt like this was just gonna make them friends but after going to bed nude with both girls and being caught, I've come to the realization that I'll never get Alex to myself. Given how opinionated she is I honestly doubt even finding out about their shared family would break the two of them apart. But this still feels wrong to me. In "Life with Mary" the polygamy route felt like an addition instead of the point. Hell even in "Being a DIK" I walked away from that possible route because I realized that even though I wanted one of them it was best for them as a whole to not have that MC join.

Many keep saying that her character is internal to the story and I don't see it. When I stopped she was keeping the old gangsters company but even before that the only thing her character added was that she has the same dreams as MC. Now I stopped in the spot listed above but I swear if I come back to this only to find that MC and she are siblings from the same Mom as the dreams and both look very similar, I swear I will be done with all of this. Granted that is a theory and I hope to be wrong but anyway. Sidebar of I always save at decisions to test what each does and I swear all of the side girls are more important than Izzy. Alice is too precious and must be protected, Jenny while insane gave me some of the only laughs I have had here, Jasmin actually makes sense as she trained you so her one day being your actually bodyguard seems plausible, the others names escape me at this time but I know I thought that they made some sense. Of course, I still reloaded and rejected them, Puppy is a one-woman man, it's the idiot controlling him that wanted to window shop.

Reactions: Ggwpglhf and albul

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Well, the choice to not be with Izzy was never there and most likely never will be, she's just as integral to the story as Alex and Puppy are.
What? Have you even tried it? Because, yes there is the choice to be not be with Izzy. Yes, the dev clearly intend a throuple path with her and Alex, and the no Izzy path is kinda choppy with cutoff dialogue and some such but the option is there. I should know, it's the only path I play, and I didn't feel at any point the Izzy is integral to the story (not in any way comparable to the way Alex is, anyway), she is just a side-character.

Reactions: Ggwpglhf

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I stuck to my guns about her and rejected her every time. Still, on the vacation, she joined in the bed. Then after her kidnapping, she just stuck to the mc. It felt like this was just gonna make them friends but after going to bed nude with both girls and being caught, I've come to the realization that I'll never get Alex to myself. Given how opinionated she is I honestly doubt even finding out about their shared family would break the two of them apart. But this still feels wrong to me. In "Life with Mary" the polygamy route felt like an addition instead of the point. Hell even in "Being a DIK" I walked away from that possible route because I realized that even though I wanted one of them it was best for them as a whole to not have that MC join.

Many keep saying that her character is internal to the story and I don't see it. When I stopped she was keeping the old gangsters company but even before that the only thing her character added was that she has the same dreams as MC. Now I stopped in the spot listed above but I swear if I come back to this only to find that MC and she are siblings from the same Mom as the dreams and both look very similar, I swear I will be done with all of this. Granted that is a theory and I hope to be wrong but anyway. Sidebar of I always save at decisions to test what each does and I swear all of the side girls are more important than Izzy. Alice is too precious and must be protected, Jenny while insane gave me some of the only laughs I have had here, Jasmin actually makes sense as she trained you so her one day being your actually bodyguard seems plausible, the others names escape me at this time but I know I thought that they made some sense. Of course, I still reloaded and rejected them, Puppy is a one-woman man, it's the idiot controlling him that wanted to window shop.
The point is though, in this game the MC ISN'T a one woman man, the whole premise is a triangle with puppy, alex and izzy. the side girls are just that, sidegirls. The main girls are and will most likely always be alex and izzy.

For the mc and izzy being siblings, i doubt that very much since it would seem alex and izzy are halfsiblings.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
What? Have you even tried it? Because, yes there is the choice to be not be with Izzy. Yes, the dev clearly intend a throuple path with her and Alex, and the no Izzy path is kinda choppy with cutoff dialogue and some such but the option is there. I should know, it's the only path I play, and I didn't feel at any point the Izzy is integral to the story (not in any way comparable to the way Alex is, anyway), she is just a side-character.
Even if you don't want a relationship with izzy she will still be a integral part of the story, that most likely will not change.

Oct 8, 2019
The point is though, in this game the MC ISN'T a one woman man, the whole premise is a triangle with puppy, alex and izzy. the side girls are just that, sidegirls. The main girls are and will most likely always be alex and izzy.

For the mc and izzy being siblings, i doubt that very much since it would seem alex and izzy are halfsiblings.
I am going to quote what the MC said the second time I rejected Izzy. "I see her in my dreams and I don't see you." Now when that was said it wasn't meant to be harsh, just a statement of fact. MC is obviously a broken character and meant for Alex to match up to what he was missing. But I swear it feels like Izzy what stuffed back into the plot after the beginning. Also given that her name isn't in the title, that alone should guarantee that she was expendable or at least superfluous.

Remember when we meet Alex for the first time. There is the whole montage and there is no Izzy. I think the dev intended for her to not be an issue and then changed his mind. I don't fault him for that as he is the one putting in the work so by all means, but even if I respect the idea that doesn't mean I have to like it or the character. So no I disagree, I see it as 100% possible for Puppy to be completely loyal to Alex. Sure it takes away a few things but oh well.

Reactions: Ggwpglhf

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I am going to quote what the MC said the second time I rejected Izzy. "I see her in my dreams and I don't see you." Now when that was said it wasn't meant to be harsh, just a statement of fact. MC is obviously a broken character and meant for Alex to match up to what he was missing. But I swear it feels like Izzy what stuffed back into the plot after the beginning. Also given that her name isn't in the title, that alone should guarantee that she was expendable or at least superfluous.

Remember when we meet Alex for the first time. There is the whole montage and there is no Izzy. I think the dev intended for her to not be an issue and then changed his mind. I don't fault him for that as he is the one putting in the work so by all means, but even if I respect the idea that doesn't mean I have to like it or the character. So no I disagree, I see it as 100% possible for Puppy to be completely loyal to Alex. Sure it takes away a few things but oh well.
Oh you can disagree all you want :) we all have different preferences after all ;)

Saying that the dev intended for izzy to not be integral to the story then changing his mind is a bit of a stretch though, there is no evidence of that what so ever.

Lets just agree to disagree about Izzy :)

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Ptolemy made izzy soo easy to hate in the beginning it is normal that many people didn't want a throuple. He also makes izzy ridiculously likeable if you give her a chance you cannot see anything other than a throuple relationship. All due to his good writing skill(y)

I fail to any how anyone wouldn't have taken
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Ptolemy made izzy soo easy to hate in the beginning it is normal that many people didn't want a throuple. He also makes izzy ridiculously likeable if you give her a chance you cannot see anything other than a throuple relationship. All due to his good writing skill(y)

I fail to any how anyone wouldn't have taken
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't kill her in my main playthrough, i just felt sorry for her so i spared her (thank god)!

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
a.png

Hi

Hope this finds you well.

Well, it's back to Alex.

Took a few days off for my birthday this week, but now I'm back in the swing of things.

Things are coming along well, but it's still very early days.

I'll keep you posted.

Best regards

Ptolemy

---------

3.90 star(s) 130 Votes