• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and systems will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Others Abandoned Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

3.40 star(s) 50 Votes

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
This game has a bit of an annoying grind and is kinda slow but it actually really good, it is a shame that it is abandoned.

Ragnar_Rykkel

Jan 4, 2018
makes me wonder why almost all everything that has potential ends like this...
It ended up like this, because of war in Ukraine, from reading what people have said, and remember correctly, the creator is from Ukraine, so that whole mess stopped creator from continuing with the game

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
It ended up like this, because of war in Ukraine, from reading what people have said, and remember correctly, the creator is from Ukraine, so that whole mess stopped creator from continuing with the game
not quite. dev has a track record for ditching his games midway, and the game was abandoned before the crap in ukraine kicked off.

Seinks

Mar 17, 2018
makes me wonder why almost all everything that has potential ends like this...
Because the better something is, the more work you need to put into it to keep standards up.
There is something I call creator passion, which is the drive the creator has at the start of the project. As the creator works on the project, slowly but surely this passion dies down, turning what was a fun project into a chore. This passion can go up if good things happen, like people posting encouraging comments and the creator feeling satisfied by his results, but it can also go down faster if the creator feels frustrated by his results, by how hard is this work or if there are people putting him/her.
Anyway, the harder the project, the longer it takes, and the longer it takes, the higher the chances the creator's passion runs dry before finishing it. Once the passion runs dry, it requires a huge sense of responsibility and perseverance to finish the project, since what was fun is now a pain in the *ss, and anything and everything becomes a good excuse to stop it temporarily or permanently.
The worst part is that if the creator stops for a little while, he/she may end up feeling guilty (like me, lol), which may make him/her afraid of coming back and facing the backlash from disappearing, which makes it harder and harder to come back to the project, even if you feel like finishing it again after the rest.
Well, those are the main reasons on my point of view. There may be other reasons like disease and real life or other personal reasons which I don't know. If you agree, disagree or have something else to add, feel free to reply.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
If he still take money from patreon, he's not dead.
Patreon will collect the money regardless. Sweet affection's Boomatic despaired over a year ago, and the team couldn't even get the page closed or Patreon to stop charging even though the game is funded on the new patreon page and even the team that new him personally have no idea what happened to him. Just poof gone.

So the real question is what happens to all the Money patreon collects if it is never claimed either from loss of credentials or death of the creator?

Reactions: TestUsername23

WeebLoop

Sep 8, 2020
Patreon will collect the money regardless. Sweet affection's Boomatic despaired over a year ago, and the team couldn't even get the page closed or Patreon to stop charging even though the game is funded on the new patreon page and even the team that new him personally have no idea what happened to him. Just poof gone.

So the real question is what happens to all the Money patreon collects if it is never claimed either from loss of credentials or death of the creator?
If i recall correctly, Patreon has a measurement for that. Basically the Creator is reported as Down/Inactive, then the page is shut and the money refunded.
Maybe I'm wrong, haven't see about that in a long time

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
If i recall correctly, Patreon has a measurement for that. Basically the Creator is reported as Down/Inactive, then the page is shut and the money refunded.
Maybe I'm wrong, haven't see about that in a long time
From what I heard from JD's situation they couldn't do that and were refunding the Patreons who supported the wrong one themselves. Was causing a lot of confusion as the Patreons who supported the old one were not getting the game as Boomatic had sole access to it, and as such the team actually making the game couldn't distribute the game to the patreons through it. On top of the fact that they could not get funded for their work through the original.

Anyway I'm going off of memory and a reencountering of what happened. If you would like to know what happened try asking JD they are active both on the form of their game Sweet affection and their discord although more so the second, but I remember for a fact that they were having issues as they could not close the page, or even have payments suspended. Also they did refund people there months subscription if they were charged twice from having used the original.

But either way that would still take someone to report it. If not reported where those all the money go, and with the games like this where there is nether a patreon post nor any activity from the dev anywhere in so long why are they still receiving money?

Not saying necessarily you are wrong as there may be measurement for that as you said. More so questioning whether such measurement are actually utilized when it comes down to it.

Dec 15, 2019
he stoped before the war ever happen, this is a misinformation. He released a new version that eresead all people saves and make cheat more harder, so more grindly in the game, i personally don't like spend more hours in the game for gettin in the stages i has before the new update just for see 2 or 3 cgs that maybe will not ever value the time i spend in the game.

Indeed has a good game, but this autor become more and more absent in december of 2020 and allot of time in 2021 idk why. After he released the new update he just disapeared and one month he send some picture of new content but i stoped coming in this thread after that.

Reactions: Padav22
3.40 star(s) 50 Votes