• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 111 Votes

joey64

Mar 25, 2019
Uncensored.dat in the same directory as the executable. Might be a setting otherwise.
Hmmm, the executable wasn't in a directory after extraction. I downloaded from nopy, if that makes any difference. On the desktop, the extraction created the executable, the SaveData.dat, and a folder called "AlienQuest-EVE_Data." There's a bunch of stuff in there, but no file named Uncensored.dat.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hmmm, the executable wasn't in a directory after extraction. I downloaded from nopy, if that makes any difference. On the desktop, the extraction created the executable, the SaveData.dat, and a folder called "AlienQuest-EVE_Data." There's a bunch of stuff in there, but no file named Uncensored.dat.
Just put an Uncensored.dat file next to the executable. When I say directory, it's just any place where the executable is. I consider the desktop a directory as well.
The nopy download does have that file included, by the way, but no SaveData.dat.

stormbunny

Jan 9, 2018
I LOVE grimhelm, and I love this game! Made an acct here just to download the map (thanks!) and comment:
1) I am old, started playing games in the late 80s on an 8086, and I learned about hex editing save files back then. That's what I did here once I got to Mother Brain and realized I did NOT want to figure out how to beat her (and the rest of the bosses, omfg) legit, but I did still want to play through the game. I used an online hex editor, uploaded savedata.dat, and wrote down key stats from my save file (HP, MP, atk, and the base stats, though honestly those don't really matter if you edit the HP/MP/atk directly). type each number into a PC calculator and convert to hex, and then if it's more than 2 digits swap the pairs. search for the least-significant pair in the save file, you should see only 2-3 hits if you've leveled up a few times and the numbers are more than single digits. Look carefully at the patterns, some numbers aren't the stat and some are, save a copy of your savedata.dat and experiment a bit. it's not too hard once you figure out how to change the first one. Also, when changing ATK you need to remove any bonuses from equipment.

It's not for everyone, but it was great for me to enjoy the end of the game - I doubt I could have beat it and escaped otherwise (escaping is pretty easy with 5k MP). Also you actually can still die in the boss fights and need to be at least a little careful even with 5k hp and 2k atk, so it's not like all the fun is gone. Obviously the point is you can do whatever you want here.

2) anyone have any idea if a speed run gives an alternate ending or anything like with metroid? I'm going to give it a try, I started a new game and then gave Ellen ridiculous stats and am trying to surgically just get keycards and key skills and I'll see if anything changes.

3) I'm a new poster so I can't upload yet but once the mods approve me if anyone wants a modded save I could potentially upload mine. I think it's mroe fun to modify your own from the game you've actually been playing, but if it helps people enjoy more it's easy to do.

Reactions: Dude39939

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
"Okay… I know that I’ve made some people got mad. But this is my style. I’m not good at communicating with people.
I’m just a developer and I’m doing what I can do well.
If I spend more time for communicating with people or advertising my game, it will make the project delayed. Nobody want that.

I’m always working alone. I’m used to that. This is my style.
Thank you for your comment." grimhelm said. told u guys

jmacaroo

Sep 2, 2017
Been waiting a while to play this, but I've been avoiding the forums so it doesn't get spoiled :p
Hey mate, your missing an attack powerup on your map. If you look at the room directly above the farthest right/down teleporter room, you'll see a room 2 squares in height with the bottom part missing. There's a platform with spikes below it there, if you shield through the spikes you'll hit a pit with an attack powerup there. Let me know if you need me to clarify. Cheers, the map was super helpful.

Apr 10, 2018
I finished the game and thought to myself, "Oh shit what if Isaac Clarke was here would he survive this?"
I kinda wanna have Isaac Clarke as the MC now and fuck up those aliens. *ehem*

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Hey mate, your missing an attack powerup on your map. If you look at the room directly above the farthest right/down teleporter room, you'll see a room 2 squares in height with the bottom part missing. There's a platform with spikes below it there, if you shield through the spikes you'll hit a pit with an attack powerup there. Let me know if you need me to clarify. Cheers, the map was super helpful.
Nope, I got that too! I updated the map on page 99, on a post about half way through. I changed my spoilers to say that I had the stuff updated on a later post, and deleted the attachments, but for whatever reason, they remained without me knowing. I deleted them again, but I get the feeling the files are still stuck to that post.

Anyway, I finished the game, but I'm totally open to going back and updating my map if people find things

cdawg20789

Jun 25, 2018
Pretty fun game...even though I had to cheat like a degenerate to beat it... Never was very good at side scrolling platformer-type games.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else see the little "twist" at the end of the "good ending" coming a mile away?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GTX9800

Aug 8, 2016
Nope, I got that too! I updated the map on page 99, on a post about half way through. I changed my spoilers to say that I had the stuff updated on a later post, and deleted the attachments, but for whatever reason, they remained without me knowing. I deleted them again, but I get the feeling the files are still stuck to that post.

Anyway, I finished the game, but I'm totally open to going back and updating my map if people find things
I am looking at the v101 Master Map and it seems like the "Thunder Blade" is missing. It is in the first room to the left of where the game starts (where the ship we arrived in is located; requires the blue card to access).

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
I am looking at the v101 Master Map and it seems like the "Thunder Blade" is missing. It is in the first room to the left of where the game starts (where the ship we arrived in is located; requires the blue card to access).
Wow, holy shit, that doesn't even make sense. Like, if you look at the map, I bothered to make a little lightning bolt icon for the item, but your right, I forgot to place it on the map! This map is just an updated version of my v0.13A map too, which means I forgot to put it on there back then, many months ago. Which means your the first person to nice such a small detail!

Just goes to show how exhausting this process can be; I spent many hours combing this game for details, and making sure that map is as nice looking as I can, with my basic ass MS Paint skills. I updated the map, thanks for the poke!

PVTprs

Jul 21, 2018
My first post here.

I rather like this game. For the gameplay itself but also its sexy content.
Would be nice if there had been more positions with the various zombies and monsters including anal ones and if the futa zombies had not been cut.

Personal wish, wish the option also had been there for the player character to be dominant, engaging the monsters and tentacles when they are weakened and have sex with them, perhaps restoring health this way while weakening the enemies.

Tighter

Sep 28, 2017
Hopefully in the new game he will finally add a paizuri animation. I never played his maid game so I don't know if he has any in that one.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Yes. You delete the entry in the registry. Its path is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GRIMHELM". It's also where the settings are stored.
When this final update first came out, I was desperately looking for how to do this, because for whatever reason I downloaded someone else's version with their save, and I couldn't get it to recognize only the animations I have found. I've sense given up and just unlocked the whole gallery though, because manually unlocking some of them was kind of a pain anyway. I'm looking at you, stupid fat demon that would never do the doggy style pose, no matter how much I tried.

Hopefully in the new game he will finally add a paizuri animation. I never played his maid game so I don't know if he has any in that one.
Funny you should mention that. I've known about that game forever on here, but never bothered to play it, because I wasn't sure if it was worth my time (I had played Dark Star previously, because he accidentally released it as an update to Alien Quest Eve or something, and I didn't like it).

However, I'm craving more Metroidvania sexy action, so I was planning on sitting down yesterday and playing it, but then Night of Revenge came out yesterday with an update, and I played that for the first time, instead (which ate up my whole evening, and I don't even know what today currently is, because of all these great games that have been releasing lately).

Reactions: Jonny52alexsis
4.50 star(s) 111 Votes