4.50 star(s) 111 Votes

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Ok, I seem to have worked out this flow. But there seems to be an issue with multiple enemies present around the main character. If you are dealing with just one - there is usually some time to get out of a grab, but there are enemies who team up on Eve and if there are many of them in a room than eve will be chainraped forever. stuck at 1 hp. The increased health from gaining a level doesnt help because the enemies fuck eve so fast that she never has time to struggle out with the 1-2 second delay you mentioned. If there is a delay for being able to struggle out then there needs to be some kind of delay for the monster dealing damage to health and stamina. Some kind of resistance build up over time. The first time I had problems was with the simplest male zombie spitroast animation. Now the black aliens spitroast is getting Eve stuck in eternal fuckfest.

Also, some enemies seem to give more exp per thrust, others stop giving exp after a few thrusts (those same black aliens) especially if they don't release Eve but restart the animation (the exp gain doesn't get restarted), and some don't give any at all (those stationary tentacles and machines don't even make any sound now)
All in all this is definitely a new way to experience AQE but needs some tweaking imho...
Either way, thank you for sharing this mod!
Splitroast definitely is harder to escape on purpose. I'll do some playtesting to see if there are any issues with the high level xenos. If you successfully escape, you are awarded with 60% stamina adjusted by your current HP and your current Heat. Since I've adjusted the heal pads to only heal up to 70% HP, the escape stamina awarded might need adjusting. Regardless, if your Heat is high and your HP is low and you are grabbed around a lot of monster, you should be fucked repeatedly until loss in this mod.
*Edit - Yeah there is definitely an issue with escaping the high level xenos which popped up recently. Fixed and updated original post with new version 1.3. It is now back to how it was originally designed so you can actually escape but it is definitely difficult...

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNextOne

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
There is a bug when you press resurrect for -50 hp

boned
I thought it was a feature - an easy restart button. I mean with how many times you get 'boned' on this hard mode you will be down to no HP very soon if you take -50 hp on every respawn. Just leave the button as is - load latest save.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
*Edit - Yeah there is definitely an issue with escaping the high level xenos which popped up recently. Fixed and updated original post with new version 1.3. It is now back to how it was originally designed so you can actually escape but it is definitely difficult...
Ok, much better now! Also, for anyone wondering, the final run back to your ship is harder with the stamina mechanic but still doable.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Ok, much better now! Also, for anyone wondering, the final run back to your ship is harder with the stamina mechanic but still doable.
I did some more difficulty reductions after a lot of tweaking and updated it to v1.4. It should be in a fairly 'mild' difficulty state now. Assuming no major issues pop up this should have been the real v1.0 :).

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
I thought it was a feature - an easy restart button. I mean with how many times you get 'boned' on this hard mode you will be down to no HP very soon if you take -50 hp on every respawn. Just leave the button as is - load latest save.
guess I should of added details. There is some odd glitch that keeps the character down on the ground when you revive with -50 hp. Basically I can't move temp for x amount of time. Only on the hard version."

On another note, stamina bar = green
aroused= pink
heat = red

maybe? all blue looks boring.

Update - ok, I started over on 1.4 of hard version. Its actually pretty fun now. I'm more cautious since the knock back has been adjusted (edit - found that knockback increases with more strength. good idea. you put a lot of thought into this), and using my
projectiles more. The way to escape from being raped is... interesting. I can't fully grasp the best method here. tapping really fast does nothing now. Instead, it seems pressing left and right directions well timed does the trick. Tapping only drains your stamina and the struggle bar hardly goes up.

It looks like the lvl up issues may of been fixed so now it properly gives me the option to restart or revive. So far... well done.

Now you just need to remove the hp/mp potions like it used to be on the older version of this game. Instead, replace where the hp potions were with hp orbs that recover hp. Monsters drop Hp potions sometimes, instead, drop orbs that restore a little hp.

Adjust how much hp that life drain gives you cause its too much (from the orb item you get).

Last thing, I notice the stamina recovers faster after about 2 seconds of using it. Jumping seems to be an exception. It takes the bar about 4 seconds to speed up recovery after a jump. I feel this is too long especially for platforming.

Last edited:

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
Finished the game not too long ago, i think i will test this hardcore mod ^^
Its more of a sluggish mode basically it just makes the enemies tank hits so they can hit you more. Ellen is slowed down to the point of being game breaking and a DS stamina bar that doesn't seem to level up with the player so your jumping, attack and the lot of it is limited. Save stations don't full heal or repair clothes. All h scene enemies damage with their h scene and escaping it usually isn't possible and if multiple enemies are present you might as well hit alt+f4 as like stated earlier in the post Ellen is game breaking slow so you will just get raped until a gameover. I'm just going to take a wild guest that the creator didn't test this mod out to completion. Hell, even based on my video of beating all the bosses I can tell that Mother Brain will need to be beaten with stats not skill and possibly the blackhole attack will most-likely have to be tanked due to limited stamina and the slowdown of Ellen.

Reactions: Adachithepersona4

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Its more of a sluggish mode basically it just makes the enemies tank hits so they can hit you more. Ellen is slowed down to the point of being game breaking and a DS stamina bar that doesn't seem to level up with the player so your jumping, attack and the lot of it is limited. Save stations don't full heal or repair clothes. All h scene enemies damage with their h scene and escaping it usually isn't possible and if multiple enemies are present you might as well hit alt+f4 as like stated earlier in the post Ellen is game breaking slow so you will just get raped until a gameover. I'm just going to take a wild guest that the creator didn't test this mod out to completion. Hell, even based on my video of beating all the bosses I can tell that Mother Brain will need to be beaten with stats not skill and possibly the blackhole attack will most-likely have to be tanked due to limited stamina and the slowdown of Ellen.
If you are talking about the hard mode then it was updated to 1.4 (so 4 times at least). I beat mother brain on my first try without using a single potion with the 1.3 version of this mod. Got to the escape shuttle on my 2nd try.This mode does what it does - makes the game a bit harder. But at 1.3 it was definitely doable. And 1.4 is supposed to be easier.
I myself wish that the enemies wouldn't just deal damage with H but Ellen would instead become slower or hit for less if aroused and or in heat.
Just something that didn't result in GoR but just in more H.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
guess I should of added details. There is some odd glitch that keeps the character down on the ground when you revive with -50 hp. Basically I can't move temp for x amount of time. Only on the hard version."

On another note, stamina bar = green
aroused= pink
heat = red

maybe? all blue looks boring.

Update - ok, I started over on 1.4 of hard version. Its actually pretty fun now. I'm more cautious since the knock back has been adjusted (edit - found that knockback increases with more strength. good idea. you put a lot of thought into this), and using my
projectiles more. The way to escape from being raped is... interesting. I can't fully grasp the best method here. tapping really fast does nothing now. Instead, it seems pressing left and right directions well timed does the trick. Tapping only drains your stamina and the struggle bar hardly goes up.

It looks like the lvl up issues may of been fixed so now it properly gives me the option to restart or revive. So far... well done.

Now you just need to remove the hp/mp potions like it used to be on the older version of this game. Instead, replace where the hp potions were with hp orbs that recover hp. Monsters drop Hp potions sometimes, instead, drop orbs that restore a little hp.

Adjust how much hp that life drain gives you cause its too much (from the orb item you get).

Last thing, I notice the stamina recovers faster after about 2 seconds of using it. Jumping seems to be an exception. It takes the bar about 4 seconds to speed up recovery after a jump. I feel this is too long especially for platforming.
Bar colors might be something I can modify but at the moment, they are just clones of the original HP/MP sprites which I'm fairly certain are pre-colored. I'll check again but I don't think grim used a white base and tinted in the shader (like I prefer) because we'd be able to change their colors very easily. Escape is basically I loathe the Hgames that have you slap your keyboard frantically because it is tedious so I punish the player that does that lol. The struggle strength accumulates over time up to a maximum of 1 or 2 seconds at which point it is most effective. In other iterations, I have reduced thrust damage to escape based on timing in relation to thrusts or a larger struggle accumulation pool which increases over time and accumulates over time which, upon depletion, would alert the player that the monster was suppressing struggle and they'd have to wait again if they were unsuccessful at escaping. The current solution is more naturally intuitive I think. I'll definitely rethink the healing orbs versus potions since I do agree that the healing on kill is way too strong early on in the game. Currently, it looks like there is no maximum amount of healing potions that can be stored, so I might put a cap on that.. Thanks for those ideas! Version 1.4 is "harder" but it really isn't "hard" right now. I can almost perpetually escape xenos thanks to potions and the shield ability with enough attention to micro and levelup healing. Just wanted a new platform to build things on in a way that progresses healthily with the playthrough and the public can enjoy without hitting a brick wall.
It sounds like you were using a version before 1.3, sorry about that! Those versions kinda suck. If you are jumping and attacking then stamina regeneration is going to be very slow. If you are only platforming, then there should be very little interruption. Stamina doesn't need to level up since consumption doesn't level up either. You get new options like backdash and a ton of mana for really powerful abilities that also don't use stamina. In AQE vanilla, there is zero reason for you to use those abilities other than facetanking or speeding up an already lightning speed clear. Mother brain is more challenging but still very cheesable by just using shield, poison, rolling attack jump augmentation since it floats you and finally, abusing the small platforms. Adjusting monster behaviors are something I'd like to look at soon. In particular: low level grunts, whip guy and maybe mother brain.
If you are talking about the hard mode then it was updated to 1.4 (so 4 times at least). I beat mother brain on my first try without using a single potion with the 1.3 version of this mod. Got to the escape shuttle on my 2nd try.This mode does what it does - makes the game a bit harder. But at 1.3 it was definitely doable. And 1.4 is supposed to be easier.
I myself wish that the enemies wouldn't just deal damage with H but Ellen would instead become slower or hit for less if aroused and or in heat.
Just something that didn't result in GoR but just in more H.
Main thing I'd be cautious about is that there are already a lot of new things that make evasion harder and if we reduce damage output, combat itself becomes more tedious. Thinking about different ways to evolve sex grabs is definitely good though since most Hgame devs don't put much thought into sex as an actual mechanic. Hardmode mod actually increases single target damage to compensate for the slower attack rates when exhausted for a roughly equivalent DPS as vanilla. I did chip away a little at the obnoxiously large health pools of the xenos by adding low % hp damage to auto attacks against non-boss monsters. Attacking mobility in conjunction with arousal or heat on top of the changes already made with stamina starts to get tricky. Are there any specific movement abilities like backdash that might be too effective still? I haven't modified any movement abilities yet. Generally though, I do think hardmode is still too easy but it is in a place where I have a lot more options to target different parts of the game to make it more engaging.

Last edited:

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
Bar colors might be something I can modify but at the moment, they are just clones of the original HP/MP sprites which I'm fairly certain are pre-colored. I'll check again but I don't think grim used a white base and tinted in the shader (like I prefer) because we'd be able to change their colors very easily. Escape is basically I loathe the Hgames that have you slap your keyboard frantically because it is tedious so I punish the player that does that lol. The struggle strength accumulates over time up to a maximum of 1 or 2 seconds at which point it is most effective. In other iterations, I have reduced thrust damage to escape based on timing in relation to thrusts or a larger struggle accumulation pool which increases over time and accumulates over time which, upon depletion, would alert the player that the monster was suppressing struggle and they'd have to wait again if they were unsuccessful at escaping. The current solution is more naturally intuitive I think. I'll definitely rethink the healing orbs versus potions since I do agree that the healing on kill is way too strong early on in the game. Currently, it looks like there is no maximum amount of healing potions that can be stored, so I might put a cap on that.. Thanks for those ideas! Version 1.4 is "harder" but it really isn't "hard" right now. I can almost perpetually escape xenos thanks to potions and the shield ability with enough attention to micro and levelup healing. Just wanted a new platform to build things on in a way that progresses healthily with the playthrough and the public can enjoy without hitting a brick wall.

It sounds like you were using a version before 1.3, sorry about that! Those versions kinda suck. If you are jumping and attacking then stamina regeneration is going to be very slow. If you are only platforming, then there should be very little interruption. Stamina doesn't need to level up since consumption doesn't level up either. You get new options like backdash and a ton of mana for really powerful abilities that also don't use stamina. In AQE vanilla, there is zero reason for you to use those abilities other than facetanking or speeding up an already lightning speed clear. Mother brain is more challenging but still very cheesable by just using shield, poison, rolling attack jump augmentation since it floats you and finally, abusing the small platforms. Adjusting monster behaviors are something I'd like to look at soon. In particular: low level grunts, whip guy and maybe mother brain.

Main thing I'd be cautious about is that there are already a lot of new things that make evasion harder and if we reduce damage output, combat itself becomes more tedious. Thinking about different ways to evolve sex grabs is definitely good though since most Hgame devs don't put much thought into sex as an actual mechanic. Hardmode mod actually increases single target damage to compensate for the slower attack rates when exhausted for a roughly equivalent DPS as vanilla. I did chip away a little at the obnoxiously large health pools of the xenos by adding low % hp damage to auto attacks against non-boss monsters. Attacking mobility in conjunction with arousal or heat on top of the changes already made with stamina starts to get tricky. Are there any specific movement abilities like backdash that might be too effective still? I haven't modified any movement abilities yet. Generally though, I do think hardmode is still too easy but it is in a place where I have a lot more options to target different parts of the game to make it more engaging.
I actually downloaded and played it a few hours before my last post so it was 1.4. The sluggish movement is from the complete stop that Ellen now does when landing from most drops. This slowdown of movement has also made wall jumping easier because it gives a bigger window to complete them. As I beat the tentacle monster then the sentry then the pussy monster bosses in that order because of Ellen being so sluggish and sentry is much easier to beat in the game than the pussy monster I pretty much was able to get other skills early. Backdash seems like a pointless skill even in the original version as sliding is much better. I would say that the stamina bar doesn't actually make things challenging it just drags out the fight to were the player actually loses the core idea of lighting combat which is your moving too fast and making mistakes but when you slow it down it makes the user more caution and less likely to make mistakes. The h scene style just like movement becomes a chore so restarting the game is more favorable since its not a struggle but a punishment for getting grabbed as the player will most likely not escape and will not save on hp so its not a cheese way out of combat but a death sentence were the run is pretty much over. In fact while the game might be beatable it seems that the hard elements seem to not really improve the controls for a harder experience but drags it out, in a way the stamina system in a platformer game kind of falls into the same situation Konami did when they added a cooldown system on guns in Contra: Rouge Corp. In fact an example of a games difficulty being increase was I played some game about an android made by evil scientist that revoked against them for being creeps and not being their waifu. The game when I started was set to a speed by my computer specs that had the game moving in fast foreward all the time making me being more precised in my controls and making somethings hard like some bosses but when set down to normal speed it was more enjoyable but if turned up it could be more challenging. Basically I'm just thinking that by slowing the game down your more likely encouraging the player to take less risk and level up more which would just make encounters easier and by making h scenes be more punishing in which no benefits are actually gain from sex it just means the player would actually avoid it more than the original version because its just a slow death were control is pretty much stripped from the player.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Currently, it looks like there is no maximum amount of healing potions that can be stored
Its 100
What I meant wasn't that some abilities are overperforming. It is just I am in favor of the "if you get H-ed - you are more susceptible to get even more H-ed" as opposed to "if you get H-ed you are more susceptible to die and have to restart from the last save point and redo all that progress again". So as to make the H slow you down in the sense of having to H untill your heat goes into fever and finally fades as opposed to killing you outright.
Maybe the more you H - the faster your heat builds up which means you will get out of H faster but can get into unavoidable H faster too.
Maybe if you H then all the small fry enemies are suddenly obstacles too that you either need to whittle down with your meager attacks or get past with your sluggish movement or H until your heat is gone.
But when H brings about a chance of death.. then you want to avoid it altogether... then what is the point of having it in the game at all if you are actively avoiding it....
BUUUUT, this is just my take on it. Obviously you are free to do w/e you want with your mod! Once again, thanks for sharing it and improving it too!

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Its 100

What I meant wasn't that some abilities are overperforming. It is just I am in favor of the "if you get H-ed - you are more susceptible to get even more H-ed" as opposed to "if you get H-ed you are more susceptible to die and have to restart from the last save point and redo all that progress again". So as to make the H slow you down in the sense of having to H untill your heat goes into fever and finally fades as opposed to killing you outright.
Maybe the more you H - the faster your heat builds up which means you will get out of H faster but can get into unavoidable H faster too.
Maybe if you H then all the small fry enemies are suddenly obstacles too that you either need to whittle down with your meager attacks or get past with your sluggish movement or H until your heat is gone.
But when H brings about a chance of death.. then you want to avoid it altogether... then what is the point of having it in the game at all if you are actively avoiding it....
BUUUUT, this is just my take on it. Obviously you are free to do w/e you want with your mod! Once again, thanks for sharing it and improving it too!
My interpretation of the setting is that the monsters don't want to do anything good to the player, so H should be seen in as something you need to avoid. Heat does decay very slowly and that might be more of a problem but it is challenging to balance since it also builds slowly and I don't want to give the player a reason to just AFK to decay Heat and have everything easy again. I'll look at save pads or healing potions for removing some or all of Heat in addition to any reasonable counterbalances. Unavoidable H will need some balancing to the entire healing availability in the game I think since H currently is being used to attempt to counterbalance it. At least bosses are always after checkpoints, so save pads can be used for repairing any debuffing the player has between them. Jacky1x5 mentions a couple things that don't serve much purpose right now like the current implementation of landing recovery which will change too in addition to how I hadn't touched sliding which is definitely on the radar.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Ok, after hearing boned's explanation on how he set up the escape functions as far as the 1-2 second wait time, I can now struggle out easier. Before I would barely make it out and would have to restart.

Ok, Im going to try to keep my post straight forward.

Pros:

1 - Right now, the key reason why the hard version is actually harder is because of the Knock back change. For ex, those annoying creatures that quickly fires those green projectiles (fat ones)? You can't stop them from shooting now without the proper strength lvl. They will keep firing even if you hit them.

This has a lot of potential for each monster.

Those creatures that drop down from the ceiling, Even with my 80 strength, my dark matter skill doesn't stop them. I find the
only way to win is to drop poison and stay up in the air with her infinite air spin skill. However... how to fight them
without it I'm not sure yet. Probably more shielding and bombs/poison.

2 - Struggling out is actually not a bore and trying to get out makes me horny xD Its not difficult either. Its only impossible if you have no stamina.

Cons:

Not much, just keep nit picking. Also, you should do a mini tutorial in game with just text letting players know whats changed
and about the timing struggle. People don't read those "read me" files or all the forums.

Issues:

1 - I still lvl up randomly one in a while while I'm getting raped but normally only on a continued game.

2 - The original game has a bug where you can get raped while going through a door and the game gets stuck. Since they are more aggressive with the H animations, it happens more often when I try to run away.

So far, I like the hard version.

Reactions: boned

THFool

Jan 8, 2018
Walkthrough link is broken, video is missing or deleted. Too bad there wasn't a text one here on the site :(

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Walkthrough link is broken, video is missing or deleted. Too bad there wasn't a text one here on the site :(
It's been broken since long ago so don't worry and to be honest, for this game you only need a map if you want everything, else i think it's pretty "easy" to navigate in the game x)

4.50 star(s) 111 Votes