4.50 star(s) 111 Votes

boned

Dec 3, 2018

Changelog:
v1.5
Lots of changes did not get recorded but here are a few
-Save pad heals faster
-Struggle, stamina, heat gain/loss now rate balanced for all monster animation speeds
-Current health, stamina have less effect on sex escape success than heat
-Heat affects on struggle now quadratic from linear
-Heat gain switched to quadratic when > 70%
-Stamina gain rate improved
-Jumping stamina cost now scales with current stamina, effectively allowing more jumping
-Reduced jump landing recovery at higher stamina
-Low HP monsters no longer fuck faster
-Monsters now will occasionally speed up during sex
-Low HP monsters will more frequently speed up during sex and maintain higher speed longer
-Low HP monsters will often continue fucking after ejaculating in the Ellen
-Ellen now loses 50% of current struggle upon monster ejaculation
-Ellen retains some amount of struggle after escaping a grapple, decaying over time
-Ellen gains 5% Heat when mounted by any monster
-Spin attack, rolling attack and speed up now consume more mana
-Ellen now loses stamina when sliding
-Ellen's crouching attack now consumes more stamina
-Ellen's running speed slows less at lower stamina and is now quadratic
-Ellen is now limited to a maximum of 3 health and mana potions. If you have more on a save, it will be retroactively changed upon use
-Health potions are now less effective the more Ellen is aroused
-Ellen's damage invulnerability duration has been reduced after taking damage
-Ellen now gets knocked down less upon taking damage
Released hard mod v1.5. Surely I didn't break anything /s. I've incorporated feedback to improve things that are either explicitly mentioned as issues or I think are sources of said issues. GLHF

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Released hard mod v1.5. Surely I didn't break anything /s. I've incorporated feedback to improve things that are either explicitly mentioned as issues or I think are sources of said issues. GLHF
I'll try it on a new game.

-Ellen's damage invulnerability duration has been reduced after taking damage
I was going to mention this actually. Being invincible after getting hit is kinda dumb. Makes some monsters attacks useless like rapid projectiles.

Also, I want to add that the poison bomb makes the game way too easy. Lowering damage doesn't help when there are platforms or places monsters can't reach. It may be better to just change it completely from poison to something else. It can be tossed from a distance so any damage done makes it easy. Maybe a slow bomb.

edit -post fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: boned

boned

Dec 3, 2018
boned

The poison bomb and the invincible frames after she gets hit needs a nurf imo.

In fact, the poison needs to be removed and replaced with something else. As long as there are platforms or places
enemies can't reach, lowering the damage only delays the inevitable.

I'll try it on a new game.

I was going to mention this actually. Being invincible after getting hit is kinda dumb. Makes some monsters attacks useless like rapid projectiles.

Also, I want to add that the poison bomb makes the game way too easy. Lowering damage doesn't help when there are platforms or places monsters can't reach. It may be better to just change it completely from poison to something else. It can be tossed from a distance so any damage done makes it easy. Maybe a slow bomb.
Interesting you mention a slow bomb. The item that gives slow on auto attack is better than the upgrade from mother brain so I almost always use the attack slow one instead. High level: Moving the slow to replace the poison ability slot and changing the slow on the attack upgrade might be good.

dtnmangry

Jun 1, 2020
wow... there's actually a hard mode and some people enjoy it? :O man, I guess I'm too casual for this shit. I'm just in for some tits 'n asses

Reactions: Devitrax

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Interesting you mention a slow bomb. The item that gives slow on auto attack is better than the upgrade from mother brain so I almost always use the attack slow one instead. High level: Moving the slow to replace the poison ability slot and changing the slow on the attack upgrade might be good.
Forgot about that. I always swap to the next Augment, Plasma, thunder, poison, ice, then dark because it gives more damage and a lot of it (think from 400 to 700 or something from ice to dark) which becomes needed for stronger creatures. Never thought to use Ice again.

edit- you should make save points restore mp as well. Useful at the start with no mp orb so you don't have to play the wait game.

Update - Oh I love how you made hp/outfit fully restore-able at the ship save only. Makes sense too.

Untitled.jpg

These things have too much hp. And hard to make them flinch now. In certain area's while heading towards the mp regeneration, it requires waaay too much patience to take them out. Or maybe I just suck? ofc, this only counts towards the beginning.

Update 2 - I reached mother brain. You know that dark matter skill or black hole? It can only hit me once now instead of constantly.

Untitled.jpg

These 2 always drop. hp/mp. This needs to be changed maybe?

Untitled.jpg

And... I"m seeing double.

Last thing - I can't get to my ship on time during the self destruct sequence because of my stamina lol. You may have to increase the time to reach the ship (I went to the teleport-er at first, but it doesn't work). I had to stand there patiently to let my stamina recharge but it was too late. I died in the explosion.

You can put a cap on your 4 stats... or rather a level cap. Maybe include a way to reset stats at the cost of mp or something. You only need 350mp to clear obstacles or use shields against spikes. I beat the boss easily with this:

Untitled.jpg

I did consume all my hp/mp potions to win though. I could probably beat the last boss without using any if I practiced.

wow... there's actually a hard mode and some people enjoy it? :O man, I guess I'm too casual for this shit. I'm just in for some tits 'n asses
Exactly. Just goes to show that most Hentai games don't have much gameplay to them. AQE is one of the few that do. With difficulty settings, it satisfies both parties. Those who just come for the tits 'n asses, and those who actually want that and the challenge (or just the challenge). In the earlier version of AQE, when hp/mp potions didn't exist, everyone kept dying, got frustrated, then quit and just used a cheat to unlock gallery. Some don't find that fun. Some do.

In this case, its that and also its just fun when a game gets updated and users can offer advice that a developer may or may not implant a few days later. Its nice to see a game improve over time at a fast rate for a change without having to wait months for a bug fix lol

Bone In fact, I don't know how much exp you have with this stuff, but maybe you can figure out why my fps is stuck at 45 on this version of the game. Used to be 60fps. My fps is around 160 in gallery. I even opened both versions 1.01 and 13a at the same time. One played at 60, new one at 45. I asked Grim on patreon but no luck.

I'm thinking he changed something during the game. A script? Or added graphics which cause slow down? Ofc, if I had a better computer, I wouldn't have this issue, but sometimes its good to make sure games run smoothly even on my old laptop.

Last edited:

dtnmangry

Jun 1, 2020
I'd actually rather the game had variable difficulties where bosses only have more than 2 special moves in hard modes. That's what happens in late NG+ for masocore games I believe. Having to deal with 4 phases of anything in the basic difficulty is still really annoying

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
As far as gameplay goes mv1.5 just adds the challenge of limited potions which isn't much of a problem after you get the blood skull. The problem with the "hard mode" mod is it just insist that the player go for a mp based attack strategy since stamina is made the most important thing in the run. As far as the bosses goes like stated before Mother Brain's Blackhole no longer causes the player to constantly flinch but does it so often, this allows the player to go at Mother Brain with little to no care from the boss' strongest attack phase as long as they don't jump and it didn't seem to damage that much either since it has been reduced. The final boss like in 1.4 is still easier to beat than it's vanilla counterpart. As far a I can tell your making Ellen much more weaker than the enemies with lots of limitations you might want to cut back on this as its starting to cross into the line of horror player mindset which like I stated before this game is much more about rushing and making mistakes if you make the player fear combat then they will surely make fewer mistakes and just avoid encounters altogether.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
this game is much more about rushing and making mistakes if you make the player fear combat then they will surely make fewer mistakes and just avoid encounters altogether.
Replace "this game" with easy mode in your sentence then I can agree with your statement. I enjoyed hard cause of the tension of careful movements before reaching the next save point. However, what needs to be fixed is the unnecessary/pointless waiting and "balance" her further

For ex, for the hard mod, just increasing the stamina regeneration after the 2-4 second delay of recovery will make things a bit quicker.

I take back what I said about the eyball hp issue. I made the mistake of running through without using the spin attack which made it unnecessary harder which brings me to my next point.

The spin attack is too good. But we don't want to nurf a powerful asset when its not necessary cheap. This will change the gameplay quite a bit, but I'm interested in seeing what happens if we remove the mp regeneration, and adjust the mp that skills take. For ex the bomb from 80 mp to 30 mp. Cut the spin attack mp drain by 75%.

This will change the game from being patient to management till you reach the next save point. This will make mp restore at save points important. Adjust the mp gain from the mp potion as well or remove it.

or.....

Simply make the spin attack slightly weaker or take slightly more mp would be the simple solution.

As far as gameplay goes mv1.5 just adds the challenge of limited potions which isn't much of a problem after you get the blood skull.
This probably doesn't even need to be said. Boned just didn't get around to this yet. Cut the hp gain from blood by 75%. You can get 3 of these throughout the game I believe.

Spin attack and bloodskull + poison bomb + a bit of nurfing = harder.

I started a new game again on 1.5 and realize the mistakes I made. I Forgot the spin attack, and I stayed static to one direction. I mapped out the map more and got the the thunder blade and mp regeneration before heading towards the bloodskull which made it easier.

Last edited:

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Adds->
-Struggle timing minigame with thrusts

Changelog:
v1.6a
Poison now deals less damage to low HP monsters
Added correction for edge case calc breaking on metroid mobs

v1.6
Added new struggle timing system for HScenes: Gain increased struggle by matching timing with the purple pulse
Revamped struggle escape protection
Added MP regen on save pad
Adjusted spin and rolling active attacks for stamina, speed and mana
Adjusted in-combat stamina to reduce downtime
Adjusted boss combat stamina to reduce downtime
Adjusted down time in boss combat to reduce downtime
Reduced blood orb healing amount for lower levels
Increased HP potion max to 5
Reduced HP potion drop chance and quantity from xenos
Updated to v1.6a

Last edited:
Reactions: GooseHorde

hs101

Mar 8, 2020
This game is excellent. Very polished, challenging and fun. I want more games like this.

A couple of questions though, does healing not scale at all as you level up? it will always be 100? Same with skills. The damage doesn't seem to scale at all as you level.

Last edited:

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
Updated to v1.6
I already download but maybe for future purposes you should have a link to the mod post or download in update post for any new users that might want to try it so they don't have to search the thread for it.

Reapxer

Sep 15, 2017
How can I unlock all the phases of animations? In some I was able to unlock only 1 phase and in others all (1, 2 & 3).

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Updated to v1.6a
Looks good. I"ll give it a shot. Also, I didn't mention this but ever since your first version, some of the original sounds are missing or was that on purpose? Like there is no wet sounds for the tentacles and some of the other animations.

Update -Odd. I don't remember this part being this difficult.. (one drive video capture). - But I loaded the original version and its the same. I am going the right way right and not finding a shortcut?

No wait, that is a shortcut or exploit lol. I'll report this to grim. Can't believe I haven't memorized where to go yet. Normally you continue left.

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
How can I unlock all the phases of animations? In some I was able to unlock only 1 phase and in others all (1, 2 & 3).
If the animation in the gallery does not have multiple phases, then it does not have more than one phase.
I don't remember this part being this difficult.. (one drive video capture). - But I loaded the original version and its the same. I am going the right way right and not finding a shortcut?
Are you asking whether that's intended? Because I'm almost 100% sure it's not. I don't remember ever having to perform that trick to get there.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
or rather a level cap
There is a level cap of 50 in vanilla game

You can get 3 of these throughout the game I believe.

Spin attack and bloodskull + poison bomb + a bit of nurfing = harder.
You can get 5 blood skulls. But i never found the poison bomb effective against later enemies - it always seemed to take forever to kill them with it. Plain attacking was always faster imo...

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
There is a level cap of 50 in vanilla game

You can get 5 blood skulls. But i never found the poison bomb effective against later enemies - it always seemed to take forever to kill them with it. Plain attacking was always faster imo...
The cap should be 40 then? Thing is, even with 30 on CON (hp), You still can have around 500+ if you get all the max hp items on the map. Hard mode still isn't hard enough to make me have to resurrect and lose 50 hp :) Ofc, I've already gone through the game several times so I'm used to it.

5 blood skulls? Guess I missed 2.... I"ll try looking around on my next playthrough.

Yea,boned adjusted the poison bomb to do less on weaker enemies and left the stronger ones alone I believe. I'm actually ok with that.

Last edited:

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Here's a mod that came out on ULMF, from someone named "Anomaly". Really good if you want to replay the game with increased difficulty and different mechanics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And ofc disclaimer: I do not own nor made this, I simply share.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
Here's a mod that came out on ULMF, from someone named "Anomaly". Really good if you want to replay the game with increased difficulty and different mechanics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And ofc disclaimer: I do not own nor made this, I simply share.
I think its boned on here that been updating it as some of the users complete it. Tbh, After I playing Demon's Souls and other games like it for so long the stamina feature really doesn't add much of a challenge as it just makes you stretch out the play time and perform your actions slower or more spaced out.

I haven't did v16a but I finish v16 a day ago to my surprise I mistakenly have been doing all my runs without spin attack and was thinking for some reason people were talking about screw attack so I did v16 with spin attack in my run which makes the game much easier to handle some enemies that are a bit time consuming even in the vanilla game. Idk about the hard mod it just seems like the gameplay never becomes a challenge and its just a system that at times fights the game's genre.

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Hi there, seems a lot of people are talking about all the action part, but discussion about sexual content is very scarce. So I'm asking here, does this game include actual sexual content, and in significant quantity or is it just about an action game with a busty protagonist ?

4.50 star(s) 111 Votes