4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
i cant play it because the graphics wont load so i only se my character the enemys but nothing else only when i press esc
can anyone help me with this problem ?
Did you try all the basic troubleshooting?

First make sure you have the latest version which is 1.01. Download it on grimhelms official blog since its free. Extract with 7zip and you should be good to go. If your screen is still white, try running the game as an administrator. If that doesn't work, try monitoring your temperatures. You can download and install an app for that (check both cpu and gpu temps). If your temperatures are good, try uninstalling all your video card drivers and installing the latest version. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.....

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Untitled.jpg

No problems with 2.3. Hard mode. Got around to beating this. Although there is no animation, I think it would be nice if we could go to this pose whenever we want? Guess a nude version doesn't exist unless someone is up to painting it xD

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
i cant play it because the graphics wont load so i only se my character the enemys but nothing else only when i press esc
can anyone help me with this problem ?
If you on windows 10, try click right mouse button on executable, then select line "Run using GPU/graphical unit/something related to videocard" -> in opened submenu select any line WITHOUT word "integrated".
If there are no any of the above mentioned lines you PC is way too old for this game.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Is there any way of getting this to run on mac?
I have no idea and know nothing about Mac. However, I did a quick google search. There is something called "wine" for mac. Its suppose to let you play windows apps on mac. The rest is up to you.

apifunctions934

Aug 18, 2020
I've put together a 'hardmode' mod for AQE primarily for myself but it seems like it is fairly balanced so I'm sharing it here.
NOTE: Only works with AQE version 1.01
Download mod v2.3: Mega
CRC32 : 955115CB
MD5 : D4E11477F9E5A6001C7C751C7F057917
SHA1 : F248D78628E5BC99DCAC628AA4D781A432E38DEB
Read the readme.txt for installation info.

What it does:

Tips:

Future:

Changelog:

**Edit: Updated to v2.3
Hey there. Loved your hard mod especially the different variants and removing enemy getting stunned on her hit. I played a lot and tried my best but it's way too difficult because of the forced sex sync with every pulse. I'm really clumsy when it comes to platformers so please can you keep the option to turn off the H Scenes? It's taking way too much time for me and it becomes really ridiculously frustrating to be stuck at a level surrounded by every enemy and dying everytime cause unable to get out of the place cause HScene keeps going on.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Hey there. Loved your hard mod especially the different variants and removing enemy getting stunned on her hit. I played a lot and tried my best but it's way too difficult because of the forced sex sync with every pulse. I'm really clumsy when it comes to platformers so please can you keep the option to turn off the H Scenes? It's taking way too much time for me and it becomes really ridiculously frustrating to be stuck at a level surrounded by every enemy and dying everytime cause unable to get out of the place cause HScene keeps going on.

Its actually really easy. There are some posts a few pages back on how to get out of it.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
It actually is fairly easy to escape but I've got a couple ideas to make the difficulty automatically scale with the player that I'll add when I've got a chance. One mistake that somebody reported is they are pressing the button "at the same time as the glow but can't escape" which probably means they're pushing it too soon. I've tested escape on all monsters and the only scenario where it is hard to escape is the Ravager variants and the giant xeno later in the game. Ravagers are light pink/red tinted variants and are intended to not be something you can escape for at least 35% Heat generated. You can always press F12 to suicide if you think you can't survive the grapple and don't want to wait. If you still can't figure out how to escape grapples, check back here occasionally and I'll make sure the next update has some changes to help make it easier without defeating the purpose of the mod.

Last edited:

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
It actually is fairly easy to escape but I've got a couple ideas to make the difficulty automatically scale with the player that I'll add when I've got a chance. One mistake that somebody reported is they are pressing the button "at the same time as the glow but can't escape" which probably means they're pushing it too soon. I've tested escape on all monsters and the only scenario where it is hard to escape is the Ravager variants and the giant xeno later in the game. Ravagers are light pink/red tinted variants and are intended to not be something you can escape for at least 35% Heat generated. You can always press F12 to suicide if you think you can't survive the grapple and don't want to wait. If you still can't figure out how to escape grapples, check back here occasionally and I'll make sure the next update has some changes to help make it easier without defeating the purpose of the mod.
an interesting thing to add to the mod is a prison type place where u can spawn enemies with their variants (especially ravager). while also being unable to die.(just like the prison place in ghost hunter vena. also its just a suggestion. just didnt want to sound demanding lol). overall i love your mod. i cant differentiate the ravager variant properly sometimes, idk maybe its just my eyes haha. but i cant seem to spot them properly. ALSO i think i got a bug where the HUGE xeno with a purple head (i think it was a ravager variant) didnt stop fucking ellen in the slowest speed possible. its infinite and didnt sped up. didnt have a climax as well.

looking forward to the next update though! keeps the game exciting

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
ALSO i think i got a bug where the HUGE xeno with a purple head (i think it was a ravager variant) didnt stop fucking ellen in the slowest speed possible. its infinite and didnt sped up. didnt have a climax as well.

looking forward to the next update though! keeps the game exciting
I can confirm this but it doesn't need much priority since it doesn't break the game.

Reactions: bloodmane

apifunctions934

Aug 18, 2020
Its actually really easy. There are some posts a few pages back on how to get out of it.
I have read everything. But not everyone is as good as you mechanically skilled or has enough time to go through everything. I keep getting caught and it takes way too long. I can barely get past the first few zombie rooms. While I love the variants and no attack stuns (which already makes things ridiculously crazy), the sex scene being a struggle is just too much for me. I really want to play and appreciate the hard mod. But it's too much. I would also love if you guys tell me which part of the dll I should change to remove the restriction on HScene. I'll edit the dll myself and play the rest as I cant find which part it is.

apifunctions934

Aug 18, 2020
The problem isn't difficulty to escape. The problem is getting caught every now and then. And it takes way too much time. In normal game, enemies get stunned when hit. Here they dont and can easily hit back and grab you. This takes way too much time and takes out all the fun. I wanna genuinely enjoy the hard mod's variants, ellie's balancing and enemy health buffs that piqued my interest.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
wait so the random spawn is permanent? like we get a random roll on every mob and they will always be that variant?

edit: bc damn i wanna see the ravager variants for all the mobs.

also another suggestion would be traps actually being a threat lol

Last edited:

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
I have read everything. But not everyone is as good as you mechanically skilled or has enough time to go through everything. I keep getting caught and it takes way too long. I can barely get past the first few zombie rooms. While I love the variants and no attack stuns (which already makes things ridiculously crazy), the sex scene being a struggle is just too much for me. I really want to play and appreciate the hard mod. But it's too much. I would also love if you guys tell me which part of the dll I should change to remove the restriction on HScene. I'll edit the dll myself and play the rest as I cant find which part it is.

The problem isn't difficulty to escape. The problem is getting caught every now and then. And it takes way too much time. In normal game, enemies get stunned when hit. Here they dont and can easily hit back and grab you. This takes way too much time and takes out all the fun. I wanna genuinely enjoy the hard mod's variants, ellie's balancing and enemy health buffs that piqued my interest.
Yes, It seems quite a few have voice their complaints over this. The beginning area is the hardest on the game and as you progress, its actually easier. I heard the next few updates will fix the difficulty from the start as well as the escaping may be easier.

I myself prefer this version to be "very hard mode" then have the next few patches be hard mode.

wait so the random spawn is permanent? like we get a random roll on every mob and they will always be that variant?
Yes, they are permanent at a fixed location from what I see.... sometimes? Like the purple variant tends to always be there after you kill the boss (see my video I posted for ex).

apifunctions934

Aug 18, 2020
OMG! You're like a God! I bow to you and your greatness! :love:

edit - thx to this, I may actually be able to upload my gameplay now.

Update - I found a bug, not with the hard mod.
View attachment 760654

I slid once to get the Hp+ but I went through the wall. Now I can't get back :( Grim has no intention of updating past 1.01 so its up to you if you want to mess with it.

Update - Here we go. Disable your equalizer if you have it on if you care about sound.

edit - since the video was flagged for some reason..... - alt site (what other sites should I upload to?)

My play through on 2.2. I'll upload more up to beating it. No promises.

Its pretty fun. I kept forgetting about the explosion though.

@3:29 that alien has an odd collision hit box.
@6:40 they don't chase properly if they are above or below. They don't warp either.

A suggestion, recover Mp when you walk through the door like you did with stamina so we don't have to wait.

This is my Review of the hard mod. I played and played for hours and couldnt get past the rooms involving variants of basic female Xenomorphs. It felt like Eve was severely nerfed in every way possible in terms of her fluidity of movement.
Then I decompiled the dll.
I checked the programming of the dll. The one who made the mod went to great heights at extremely nerfing Eve. Jump recovery, severe increase in mana usage for both spin and screw attack and what not. AQE is already a really difficult game with severe constraints on scaling.

The main reason why people love Eve game is because of the way the original game feels. Even with the fluidity and mechanics of the character enemies can severely overwhelm you and you have nowhere to run.
Even if you keep the original character fluidity and game mechanics but buff the enemies and their variants, it would be much more fun.
The Stamina system makes a great and valid limiting factor at the number of combos Eve can work with.
But then adding so many nerfs to the base character and then also going crazy with forced H scenes takes all fun out of it because it's too much of waiting around for ever recovery. There are times when you can't do anything cause stamina is low and you get cornered and just get hit and forced into an endless HScene loop with everyone surrounding you. Worse- it's game over when the bar below stamina maxes out.

As a small time game developer, I loved the repeatability and replayability of the game. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Hard mod variants and the stamina system as well as the H-scene Piston system. But the amount of time HScene takes along with it's damage, and character nerfs, everything is too much.

If you read the whole thing, thanks for your time. Also thanks for the hard mod as well. I enjoyed both playing and dissecting the same.

Reactions: bloodmane

PakiNaniMan

Apr 23, 2018
He's not likely to release a demo of the new project within this year. Also he stop his patreon billing.
See this for more information.

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
He's not likely to release a demo of the new project within this year. Also he stop his patreon billing.
See this for more information.
What a fucking legend. He can't release anything new, so he won't take any money.
Meanwhile, we have devs like EraHunter who get thousands dollars per month and release updates once per year (with barely any new content)...

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes