4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
Okay, so, random question, feel free to ignore it, but is there an enemy spawner for this? I have the gallery unlocked but it's not exactly what I'm after and I know cheats are a thing but, again, not what I mean. I just wanna know if there's some mod or command that can spawn certain enemies into the area, like spawning a xenomorph into the start area for example (Gonna be blunt, it's cos I like looking at them during the animations. It gives me ideas...)

If there isn't, I kinda expected as much, but if there is then any help would be appreciated.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Okay, so, random question, feel free to ignore it, but is there an enemy spawner for this? I have the gallery unlocked but it's not exactly what I'm after and I know cheats are a thing but, again, not what I mean. I just wanna know if there's some mod or command that can spawn certain enemies into the area, like spawning a xenomorph into the start area for example (Gonna be blunt, it's cos I like looking at them during the animations. It gives me ideas...)

If there isn't, I kinda expected as much, but if there is then any help would be appreciated.
No, there's not. Would be a neat addition, though, I agree.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
The game won't start properly for me.
The first time I opened it the screen was black and there was the Grimhelm logo. Now even the logo isn't visible.
The sound is working and I can navigate the menu and exit it.
Other Unity games open and display correctly.
First make sure you have the latest version which is 1.01. Download it on grimhelms official blog since its free. Extract with 7zip and you should be good to go. If your screen is still white, try running the game as an administrator. If that doesn't work, try monitoring your temperatures. You can download and install an app for that (check both cpu and gpu temps). If your temperatures are good, try uninstalling all your video card drivers and installing the latest version. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.....

LickeyDs

Nov 2, 2017
First make sure you have the latest version which is 1.01. Download it on grimhelms official blog since its free. Extract with 7zip and you should be good to go. If your screen is still white, try running the game as an administrator. If that doesn't work, try monitoring your temperatures. You can download and install an app for that (check both cpu and gpu temps). If your temperatures are good, try uninstalling all your video card drivers and installing the latest version. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.....
Yeah, that's the basic stuff that I tried before coming here.
Fresh download from Grimhelm's website did bring up the black screen with his logo, but only on the first launch.
Okay, so I tried something on a hunch while typing this. Something's fucky with my NVIDIA graphics card, as it turns out.
Launching with the integrated GPU solved the black screen issue.
I appreciate your speedy reply.

fapolanturn

Jul 28, 2019
Can someone give me an early game rundown? I'm like level 5 (hardmode mod) and I get stuck in one of two rooms with 4+ monsters who just take turns plowing me / attacking until I have to restart. Build recommendations and strategies are appreciated.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
Can someone give me an early game rundown? I'm like level 5 (hardmode mod) and I get stuck in one of two rooms with 4+ monsters who just take turns plowing me / attacking until I have to restart. Build recommendations and strategies are appreciated.
Haven't played the recent version but as far tactics go from version to version you basically just try to kit the enemy with your skills and basic attack its better to play hard mode mostly like a sniper/trapper as this will take out most enemies and you should avoid rooms that are populated with unavoidable common xeno fights or hard battles. I couldn't stay I know exactly were your at but you can placing bombs timed to go off as they come for you if you are before the first boss then its best to draw them out one by one. If your trying to go through the orange hall room to get the regen upgrade then dont go into that hallway as its better to beat the boss and use the back door to get that upgrade as the room last I check is a gamble to beat and going through it twice will most likely cause you to fail since doors lock now and special variants exist plus in the early game you will just get tired before you can beat them. If its the room with 2 females, 2 males and 2 flyers then just kit the flyers and killing them in 1on1 and try to get the infected humans to fall from the top and since it will more than likely not be to specials you should be able to handle it when it comes at you without the guts crew.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Make sure you watch your stamina and jump/run away once it is low but before it goes into the red zone. Don't attack while running, it causes stamina to regen slower. Use spin attack for a short burst to avoid being hit. In the first 5 levels, putting all points into Str and Int 1/2 1/2 is probably best. 5-10 probably Str, Con, Int at 1/3 1/3 1/3. 10+ probably Str, Con, Int, Lck 1/4 1/4 1/4 1/4.
Stat importance:
Str - needs to be high enough to flinch monsters on auto attack
Int - needs to be high enough to get enough mana regeneration from auto attacks
Con - helps players that can't dodge attacks by reducing damage taken but can be avoided if you can dodge
Lck - works well with weapon upgrades and Str points and is needed for killing Xenos in later game

cpg310

Jul 3, 2020
Early game was definitely the hardest part. In rooms with mobs, I was able to lure them into 1/2 big groups and jump over them and keep moving. I'd then grind in rooms with more manageable 2-3 enemies.

The bomb spell in hardmode is a game changer since you can use them to kill the male zombies. I found them hardest since they start charging faster as they take damage so you couldn't spam attack and work backwards.

noname_meee

Apr 27, 2020
Hi.
I have an issue that my character always run to the left, in the options menu volume slider go down fast to the left and i can't control it.
Hope someone can halp me.

nb097

Oct 25, 2019
So, on the map that was posted a while back, I see there is a "Hidden Animation" supposedly near the top left.

Does anybody know what that is? Some cursory searches of this thread didn't get me anywhere.

*edit: Unless that's just supposed to be the xeno and pinky banging

Last edited:

alexkomu

Feb 6, 2019
having a weird issue, I downloaded a complete save from here, because I'm a lazy shit and I don't have all the scenes in the gallery, the saves are just before the final boss, so do I just need to kill her then reach the end or is there a simpler way to get all the scenes?

nb097

Oct 25, 2019
having a weird issue, I downloaded a complete save from here, because I'm a lazy shit and I don't have all the scenes in the gallery, the saves are just before the final boss, so do I just need to kill her then reach the end or is there a simpler way to get all the scenes?
Supposedly you can hit F1 while viewing the gallery to unlock them all. Honestly I don't know as I grabbed a save from somewhere that had the gallery fully unlocked already.

Reactions: Eicosa

Sep 10, 2018
Hi.
I have an issue that my character always run to the left, in the options menu volume slider go down fast to the left and i can't control it.
Hope someone can halp me.
I had the same problem, if you use a dual shock 4 and the software ds4windows, as i do, try hiding your controller in the setting of the ds4windows. That worked for me.
That kind of problem happens in others games like dark souls 1, if my solution doesnt work, try searching on google the same problem and you may find others fixs for it.

S34R

Oct 30, 2019
i cant play it because the graphics wont load so i only se my character the enemys but nothing else only when i press esc
can anyone help me with this problem ?

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes