4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Reminder that HMMod is made for myself because AQE is not engaging for me. I don't like to assume that I'm just a better technical gamer than other players so I don't like saying that hardmode mod is actually hard but maybe it actually is. I just perceive it to be a minor challenge and that vanilla is basically something that offers zero challenge.

AQE is already a really difficult game with severe constraints on scaling.
The main reason why people love Eve game is because of the way the original game feels. Even with the fluidity and mechanics of the character enemies can severely overwhelm you and you have nowhere to run.
I don't and that is why HMMod exists. The game is too easy and there is no sense of tension when engaging monsters.

... forced H scenes takes all fun out of it because it's too much of waiting around for ever recovery.
Forced? No. Too long? Maybe. It is something that I'd like to change but it is a big topic and I'm very busy with other things.
and character nerfs
There are actually substantial buffs to Ellen's damage in the mod as well. Vanilla has a great deal of tedium when fighting higher level monsters and that is boring to me. I've rolled in % of HP damage into most of Ellens attacks which lets you do more damage to higher level monsters without trivializing low level monsters. You do need to invest enough points into attack and crit to be successful and the talent point system is a great source of problems for AQE. The game would be a lot better off without it at all.

Reactions: HazardFern

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
This is my Review of the hard mod. I played and played for hours and couldnt get past the rooms involving variants of basic female Xenomorphs. It felt like Eve was severely nerfed in every way possible in terms of her fluidity of movement.
Then I decompiled the dll.
I checked the programming of the dll. The one who made the mod went to great heights at extremely nerfing Eve. Jump recovery, severe increase in mana usage for both spin and screw attack and what not. AQE is already a really difficult game with severe constraints on scaling.

The main reason why people love Eve game is because of the way the original game feels. Even with the fluidity and mechanics of the character enemies can severely overwhelm you and you have nowhere to run.
Even if you keep the original character fluidity and game mechanics but buff the enemies and their variants, it would be much more fun.
The Stamina system makes a great and valid limiting factor at the number of combos Eve can work with.
But then adding so many nerfs to the base character and then also going crazy with forced H scenes takes all fun out of it because it's too much of waiting around for ever recovery. There are times when you can't do anything cause stamina is low and you get cornered and just get hit and forced into an endless HScene loop with everyone surrounding you. Worse- it's game over when the bar below stamina maxes out.

As a small time game developer, I loved the repeatability and replayability of the game. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Hard mod variants and the stamina system as well as the H-scene Piston system. But the amount of time HScene takes along with it's damage, and character nerfs, everything is too much.

If you read the whole thing, thanks for your time. Also thanks for the hard mod as well. I enjoyed both playing and dissecting the same.
For the casual or new player the hard mod isn't the best choice. Its more for players who just want to challenge themselves.

and then also going crazy with forced H scenes takes all fun out of it because it's too much of waiting around for ever recovery. There are times when you can't do anything cause stamina is low and you get cornered and just get hit and forced into an endless HScene loop with everyone surrounding you. Worse- it's game over when the bar below stamina maxes out.
In this regard, a lot of improvements have been made. If you get multi captured, the bar starts at half or higher depending on a few factors. You'll find it easier to stand back up if you escape when stamina isn't in the yellow. If you know you can't escape, hit f12 and restart from the save point or revive if you don't want to wait. From what I've seen, escape is always possible unless your getting double penetrated or one of the larger monsters even with a full bar from heat.

Your stamina refills as you walk through doors so you don't have to wait for it (kinda wish mp recovers as you walk through doors as well). Mp recovers when you attack. The mod requires you to have both mp and stamina management to win. Once you know the mechanics, you can do a lot. You don't need much mp to take advantage of invincible frames from a spin to escape from corners or surrounds.

The amount of waiting isn't even that bad and besides, you get to enjoy the animation as you try to struggle free without looking at the struggle bar cause that will only mess up your timing and enjoyment from trying not to get creampied. Hard not to get aroused.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bloodmane

apifunctions934

Aug 18, 2020
Reminder that HMMod is made for myself because AQE is not engaging for me. I don't like to assume that I'm just a better technical gamer than other players so I don't like saying that hardmode mod is actually hard but maybe it actually is. I just perceive it to be a minor challenge and that vanilla is basically something that offers zero challenge.

I don't and that is why HMMod exists. The game is too easy and there is no sense of tension when engaging monsters.

Forced? No. Too long? Maybe. It is something that I'd like to change but it is a big topic and I'm very busy with other things.
There are actually substantial buffs to Ellen's damage in the mod as well. Vanilla has a great deal of tedium when fighting higher level monsters and that is boring to me. I've rolled in % of HP damage into most of Ellens attacks which lets you do more damage to higher level monsters without trivializing low level monsters. You do need to invest enough points into attack and crit to be successful and the talent point system is a great source of problems for AQE. The game would be a lot better off without it at all.
Absolutely dude. It was just a review. As I said I enjoyed it. I got to learn a ton from your programming part. The way you worked with the stamina system was something I never thought of. I mean it was very short and smooth programming and something to be commended.

okmbhu001

Aug 23, 2018
Some question…Would someone can make a “Removed zooming limit both in-gallery and in-game”s cheat by 1.0 or 1.01 version?

Rape Lord

where is GRIMHELM
Donor
Oct 16, 2018
im working on a cheat engine table that contains edits for vanilla 1.01, and hardmode 2.3. i will be including health, mana, stat points, and clothing on/off for both versions. if anyone wants this let me know. im open to suggestions for other things to add to the table as well.

Last edited:

cuser

May 30, 2017
After defeating Mother Brain, an icon of MB appears as if MB is below the floor. Such icons for enemies appear when enemy off screen (e.g., left, right or above). Has anyone figure out what this means? Has MB survived, in part, to attack again? Only notice this with this boss, so am wondering. Any thoughts? TIA.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
After defeating Mother Brain, an icon of MB appears as if MB is below the floor. Such icons for enemies appear when enemy off screen (e.g., left, right or above). Has anyone figure out what this means? Has MB survived, in part, to attack again? Only notice this with this boss, so am wondering. Any thoughts? TIA.
Probably just lazy programming from the Devs.

Gibble

Jul 18, 2018
Tried hard mode... no. Boned dude, your heart's in the right place but you haven't made hard mode. You've made bullshit-not-even-playable mode. It would be fine without two things:
1. The awkward timing of the escape system- just let us button mash but make it more difficult based on current stamina.
2. Stop sex animations from taking stamina... you need that in order to escape you dingus. If you get caught with even half your stamina you might as well just hit F12 especially when paired with this awkward as hell escape system.

Reactions: yudas51

Mad Skull

Aug 4, 2020
I downgraded the mod from 2.3 to 1.9, while i like the new elite mobs and their mechanics, also mess a lot with sex events, disabling dual sex attacks on elite mobs, and fully restringing their special mechanics to only 1 sex position only.

Is pretty good, but i prefer 1.9 so far, still thanks for the great work.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
have mod for this game, where to download
you looking for mod?

I've put together a 'hardmode' mod for AQE primarily for myself but it seems like it is fairly balanced so I'm sharing it here.
NOTE: Only works with AQE version 1.01
Download mod v2.3: Mega
CRC32 : 955115CB
MD5 : D4E11477F9E5A6001C7C751C7F057917
SHA1 : F248D78628E5BC99DCAC628AA4D781A432E38DEB
Read the readme.txt for installation info.

What it does:

Tips:

Future:

Changelog:

**Edit: Updated to v2.3

Reactions: wzlh

Edson2d

Aug 28, 2018
im working on a cheat engine table that contains edits for vanilla 1.01, and hardmode 2.3. i will be including health, mana, stat points, and clothing on/off for both versions. if anyone wants this let me know. im open to suggestions for other things to add to the table as well.
I would like to try that.

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes