4.50 star(s) 112 Votes

boned

Dec 3, 2018
I'm back with an incomplete rewrite of hardmode mod as a bepinex plugin called BonedMod. This approach makes it a lot easier for me to tweak mod balance quickly, update the mod and will also make it easy to update the mod to work with new versions of Alien Quest Eve if grimmhelm ever updates it beyond v1.01. I'm also going to put the source up on github soon and accept pull requests that are good.

What's missing? lots, including:
- No door locking
- No grapple rhythm game
- No monster variants
- No spin or roll mana ramp
- No sex damage
- More sex battle mechanics
- Sex quests?
- Shop?
- Leveling up from sex?

What's never coming back? probably:
- Heat

What's new?
- Control - modifies how effective escape struggling is
- Fortification - (press up/down while grappled to regain control. Reduces struggle efficacy while fortified)
- Blackout
- Monster flinch internal cooldown
- Double jump stocks
- Mana depletion affects run speed
- Melee regenerates control
- Insane amounts of settings configurations to adjust difficulty by pressing F1
- Mitigated jump cancelling melee
- Monsters enrage briefly after player takes damage, running faster and will try to mount the player

What's returning and in the mod already:
- Reduced monster flinch
- Reduced player invulnerability while attacking
- Earlier monsters are stronger
- Later monsters require a little less melee
- Poison nerfed
- Large resolution support: fixed to 16:9 aspect but will always run at ~95% of monitor vertical resolution, supporting 4k etc
- >60hz support: runs at your native refresh rate
- Animation fixes for >60hz
- Some monster AI patches

Problem + Answer
P: game is forced into windowed mode
A: intended, will re-add fullscreen option soon

Don't like how something is balanced? Make a better config/org.bonedhg.plugins.aqe_bonedmod.cfg and share it. If enough people like it, then I'll check it out. In the future, all of that will be done through github code contributions.

Download DEV BUILD #2
CRC32: 3EC65C57
MD5: B1CD11F20DA0FCE5A3B131487C9CC036
SHA1: 72D278762334AC8A94AE3A948B5D48ED88649D6A

Some changelog:
Code:
Dev build #2
- Shield degens quicker when being hit
- Spikes don't cause blackout
- Blackout RNG removed, always picks max between HP pct lost or a flat amount
- Melee slow added
- Ramping double jump stocks regen rate

Last edited:

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
This would be a perfect game for tentacle creature pregnancy/birth. There's so many opportunities in the setting for implantation and eggs. Not in a gore way, more like how Night of Revenge or Hounds of Meteor do it.

It's strange there is none.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
I'm back with an incomplete rewrite of hardmode mod as a bepinex plugin called BonedMod. This approach makes it a lot easier for me to tweak mod balance quickly, update the mod and will also make it easy to update the mod to work with new versions of Alien Quest Eve if grimmhelm ever updates it beyond v1.01. I'm also going to put the source up on github soon and accept pull requests that are good.

- No door locking
- No grapple rhythm game
- No monster variants
- No sex damage
- Sex quests?
- Shop?
- Leveling up from sex?

- Heat

What's new?
- Fortification - (press up/down while grappled to regain control. Reduces struggle efficacy while fortified)
- Blackout
- Double jump stocks
- Monsters enrage briefly after player takes damage, running faster and will try to mount the player

- Reduced monster flinch
- Poison nerfed
- Large resolution support: fixed to 16:9 aspect but will always run at ~95% of monitor vertical resolution, supporting 4k etc

Problem + Answer

Don't like how something is balanced? Make a better config/org.bonedhg.plugins.aqe_bonedmod.cfg and share it. If enough people like it, then I'll check it out. In the future, all of that will be done through github code contributions.

Download DEV BUILD v0.0
CRC32: 370D02CB
MD5: 25C86B6F471EFCDFCAD6BA8EA00A91BF
SHA1: AE1F0BD6E28BF5CD220B51BBA1424391E9EBAC54
Mega
Glad to see you back man, I loved your hardmode and I'll check that as soon as possible o/

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
I'm back with an incomplete rewrite of hardmode mod as a bepinex plugin called BonedMod.
Glad to see you are back to modding this game!
First feedback: the control loss from hitting spikes has to go - otherwise the player is stuck on spikes forever. Or is it blackout...? Well, it makes so if the player takes the damage they are forced to be staying in the same place for a while if there are no monsters around....
....Maybe spawn some mobs around player on blackout... if that is even possible...
Oh and F1 is... indeed insane... :D

Last edited:

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
What's new?
- Blackout
- Double jump stocks
After few tryout, I think blackout may make the game "immersive" but player will not be able to see the h-animation during blackout (which is the moment where player has to struggle to escape) so I think that the blackout feature should be hold back for moment I think.

Also will you bring the "Sex stat" back because I was "modified" you hard mod "sex stat" to display a "kink (or cringe)" message like in this spoiler

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dude39939

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020

- No door locking
- No grapple rhythm game
- No monster variants
- No sex damage
- Sex quests?
- Shop?
- Leveling up from sex?

- Heat

What's new?
- Blackout
- Double jump stocks

- Reduced monster flinch
- Poison nerfed

Problem + Answer

Download DEV BUILD v0.0
CRC32: 370D02CB
MD5: 25C86B6F471EFCDFCAD6BA8EA00A91BF
SHA1: AE1F0BD6E28BF5CD220B51BBA1424391E9EBAC54
Mega
The blackout also needs additional behaviour for bosses. E.g. the second boss never stops spamming his projectile and poison attacks at your body when blackedout - results in the player almost certainly doomed since they get damaged right back into blackout if they wait long enough to get up.
Also the godmode cheat doesn't work apparently

Still, the experience of the game is much different already: the player still needs to be more cautious but failures are not as punishing but are more numerous due to hidden mechanics such as slowdowns and the double jump disabling after a few hits.
I had half a mind to disable the DJ limit but am still keeping it on for that feeling of "one mistake and you are fucked"
Thanks for your work!

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
i kinda liked the thrust damage, the penalty for getting mounted is not that high now, huh(but its fine i dont mind). also would still like it if every encounter the variations would be random every time not just once

boned

Dec 3, 2018
The BoneMod is a cakewalk right after you get the shield skill. I suppose that is not intended?
* I did nerf the shield in hardmode and I'll probably nerf it in this mod
* Spikes causing blackout is something I came across last night and will get rid of
* 2nd boss poison has always done way too much damage and I'll look at removing it doing damage while downed
* Thrust damage / ejaculate damage may return but will probably come after I implement some other sex mechanics
* I'm about to add monster proximity detection for door locking and I'll use it for blackout recovery speed too
* I'll eventually check out monster spawning but currently I'm pretty sure that is handled by the level asset
* Monster variants were pretty easy to add so I'll check them out eventually

Reactions: bloodmane

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
* 2nd boss poison has always done way too much damage and I'll look at removing it doing damage while downed
Its not that it deals poison damage when Eve is knocked out. Its just that when the player is blacked out and nothing is around to grab the player then static enemies and bosses that have no grabs keep attacking the player. So when the player finally gets up - they will be knocked right back out by the barage of projectiles being spammed at them. The boss that gives the shield skill is also guilty of this behaviour. BUT, there is a workaround for this (which you probably want to fix) the player is able to (seemingly) recover from a blackout while staying in the stats menu :D
* Thrust damage / ejaculate damage may return but will probably come after I implement some other sex mechanics
Nooooooooo... Oh well, its your mod :/ Its as I said before - don't want sex to lead to game over and save reload. But your mod - your rules.

Keep up the good work! I just replayed the game with your tweaks and it felt completely new... until I got the shield XD Actually it felt kinda annoying before the shield because you had no way to dodge enemies that just come at you in a small space (cant stun lock them, cant dash through them, spamming the first skill doesn't push them back fast enough, don't think there is anything else) They just spam attacks at you and most often you can't outdamage them. Then they knock you down and heal by sex. That was the biggest annoyance before the shield - getting cornered.
Are you condisering bringing heat back?

Dunnowho

Dec 5, 2018
Am I supposed to play hardmode mod with -50 hp penalty? It's impossible to escape the first monster ejaculation when mounted after trying to kill it, making me die at lv 3. Damn the small flying insects!

And also, 2 void variants in 1 room? And you expect me to deal with them at lv 3?

Last edited:

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Am I supposed to play hardmode mod with -50 hp penalty? It's impossible to escape the first monster ejaculation when mounted after trying to kill it, making me die at lv 3. Damn the small flying insects!

And also, 2 void variants in 1 room? And you expect me to deal with them at lv 3?
Its a mod. It is a HARD mod. It is also not finished. It is not meant to be a complete and balanced experience. 'nuff said

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Its a mod. It is a HARD mod. It is also not finished. It is not meant to be a complete and balanced experience. 'nuff said
They're talking about the Hardmode Mod which is done as in as is. Also yeah, still easier than dark souls and dark souls is what I consider "hard enough" so I'm not gonna make it easier. Updated BonedMod with spike trap fix and shield nerfs.

Beats9821

Nov 19, 2018
I'm back with an incomplete rewrite of hardmode mod as a bepinex plugin called BonedMod.
Damn dude, you can't just come at me like this. You gotta save the good stuff for 2021. 2020 is already ruined don't try to salvage it! 2020 looking good

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017

- No door locking
- No grapple rhythm game
- No monster variants
- No sex damage
- Sex quests?
- Shop?
- Leveling up from sex?

- Heat

What's new?
- Blackout
- Double jump stocks

- Reduced monster flinch
- Poison nerfed

Problem + Answer

Download DEV BUILD #2
CRC32: 3EC65C57
MD5: B1CD11F20DA0FCE5A3B131487C9CC036
SHA1: 72D278762334AC8A94AE3A948B5D48ED88649D6A
Mega

Some changelog:
Code:
Dev build #2
- Shield degens quicker when being hit
- Spikes don't cause blackout
- Blackout RNG removed, always picks max between HP pct lost or a flat amount
- Melee slow added
- Ramping double jump stocks regen rate
Got some funny bug after (probably badly) updating your mod and continuing a previous game started with the first version of your mod. Basically, every time I took damage from the eye things or spikes, my health would increase, up to some ridiculous amounts (something higher than 10000000). I then got one-shotted by one of those fireball-spitting enemies.

Here's the log in case it wasn't me breaking things when updating :

boned

Dec 3, 2018
In the README.txt, it says
"Installation:
0) This DOES NOT WORK WITH Hardmode Mod, ONLY EXTRACT TO A VANILLA AQE v1.01 DIRECTORY
1) Extract zip to folder containing AlienQuest-EVE.exe
2) Launch AlienQuest-EVE.exe"
I'm guessing you aren't using the mod on a vanilla copy of AQE. The mod will load on top of other versions but it isn't designed to work with them and is probably why you're seeing errors.

Reactions: Beats9821

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
In the README.txt, it says
"Installation:
0) This DOES NOT WORK WITH Hardmode Mod, ONLY EXTRACT TO A VANILLA AQE v1.01 DIRECTORY
1) Extract zip to folder containing AlienQuest-EVE.exe
2) Launch AlienQuest-EVE.exe"
I'm guessing you aren't using the mod on a vanilla copy of AQE. The mod will load on top of other versions but it isn't designed to work with them and is probably why you're seeing errors.
Yeah, I just copy pasted the updated files on top of the old ones. Doing a clean install resolved the problem.

Reactions: Beats9821
Jun 3, 2020
For the registry you go to menu windows, resaerch execute and then in the execute, you write REGEDIT.

Once you're in the registry, You go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software and the Grimhelm registry is here, just erase it.

And it keeps your save progress, just tested it (Also means it keeps the animations for monsters you have unlocked while playing in the save you will keep in the directory of the game)
So basically I removed the registry, found that only some of the animations were missing which I was expecting, just like you said. However, I deleted my safe file AFTER doing this, then removed the registry again after, and there are still some animations remaining. Is there a way to remove these?

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Welcome back. I tried it up to the first boss. As is, way to easy.

I loved how the monsters accelerate when they are damaged. Bring that back as default (I see it in f1 I think)
The animation speed during sex scenes I really like. I actually like how they keep going but up to you.
lower hp gain from red skull thingy again and I guess add it in f1

but yes, looking forward to more. thx for keeping the game alive.
did you change some of the sound? I like it. You should change some more.

Ran into an odd bug where I got hit out of the air, black out but I wouldn't get back up till after black out which took 45 seconds. No one is around.
control is gained when game is in menu.

Untitled.jpg

When someone is around, they just walk in place till after the black out.

edit - I like how holding up removes the clothing and shows her full model pic for a seconds."

Update - I think you should remove black out and instead replace it with dizzy debuff sorta like if you get beat up in street fighter, you get dizzy and it shows stars above the head. In this case, you would just drop to the ground like the above image and can't get up till you remove dizzy status.

I think it'd be an added element to be dizzy if you get hit too much and maybe if you get fucked while dizzy, something happens like maybe it does damage or your control goes down significantly or maybe it goes up. Dunno.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 112 Votes