4.50 star(s) 113 Votes
D

Deleted member 3695169

What directory do i put the Boned Mod in? Like the Managed Folder? Where does the win.dll go? Where does the Bepex folder go? I wanna try this mod out im not thast computer literate.

AlekKino

Dec 24, 2017
What directory do i put the Boned Mod in? Like the Managed Folder? Where does the win.dll go? Where does the Bepex folder go? I wanna try this mod out im not thast computer literate.
Extract the entire zip to your base Alien Quest folder (same location as your AlienQuest-EVE.exe file), should be a doorstep_config.ini, win.dll and BePinEx folder in the directory, from there just launch as normal.

Recommend making a copy of your base game or keeping your alienquest.zip or installer around should you decide you don't want to play bonemod anymore.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
I'm back with an incomplete rewrite of hardmode mod as a bepinex plugin called BonedMod. At this point, I think it is better than the Hardmode mod already. Having it as a bepinex plugin makes it a lot easier for me to tweak mod balance quickly, update the mod and will also make it easy to update the mod to work with new versions of Alien Quest Eve if grimmhelm ever updates it beyond v1.01. I'm also going to put the source up on github eventually and accept pull requests that are good.

Download DEV BUILD #6b
CRC32: B113A96D
MD5: 471FEFCBDBF9D8BC3B42AD4AB856A783
SHA1: 45D3787AE122311423FD01EF48E6A21D05054A9B
Updated mod to build #6, adding a new resource and making some difficulty features less oppressive.

edit update: Came across a bug that affects all bosses and fixed it in the 6b version

Last edited:

Oko7

Mar 14, 2021
Updated mod to build #6, adding a new resource and making some difficulty features less oppressive.
Hi, thanks for update. But is it me or download link in your post is for build 5. When I get it it is the same file size and dates of individual files.

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
How do I open the options menu for Bonedmod? I can't find the hotkey it in the readme anywhere

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I dont know i downloaded the game when it was still a demo from this site because the pictures lured me in straight away and now they ruined it with making it 64bit like why would you do that :cry:
Directly from their website.

"This is only for 64bit. 32bit version has the Low frame rate Bug that I couldn’t handle, so I didn’t build it. Sorry about that."

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OliverQn26

nb097

Oct 25, 2019
Hi, thanks for update. But is it me or download link in your post is for build 5. When I get it it is the same file size and dates of individual files.
The link itself points to build 5, but the link text is the new link - i.e., highlight and copy the text of the link and paste that in a new tab to get build 6.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Fixed* forum was keeping old link even with new url pasted.

Hfreak

Apr 5, 2021
The link itself points to build 5, but the link text is the new link - i.e., highlight and copy the text of the link and paste that in a new tab to get build 6.
Capture.JPG
If the Mega link is link to build 5 then which one is the link to the build 6 ? Is it one of the three codes or something ? (Sorry if I'm being dense) :D

4.50 star(s) 113 Votes