4.50 star(s) 116 Votes

burryniceuser

Jul 23, 2017
I think some answers for the most frequent questions should be included on the first page. Just so that ppl don't fill the thread with the same questions.
Thanks. For this particular thing keywords weren't any use. I wasn't gonna read 200 pages to find it.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Yes, it is highly likely that he is making one for quite some time because there was an artwork with some monsters and the potential heroine. Nothing is known beyond that as far as I know :)
Very likely seems a bit of an overstatement. Given his track record we can assume he is working on something, but he also said when working on AqE that he didn't intended on doing a full game again and that it was very tiring. So let's not get our hopes up too much.

Reactions: Buziol

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Very likely seems a bit of an overstatement. Given his track record we can assume he is working on something, but he also said when working on AqE that he didn't intended on doing a full game again and that it was very tiring. So let's not get our hopes up too much.
Hey, he's working/worked on something. That's all we know and all I said :)

Apr 13, 2021
So I have the game (1.01), but I seem to be missing the facehugger stuff. As in the eggs for facehuggers doesn't even spawn. And when they do they spawn open. any fix?

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
So I have the game (1.01), but I seem to be missing the facehugger stuff. As in the eggs for facehuggers doesn't even spawn. And when they do they spawn open. any fix?
It's actually foreshadowing. You'll find Facehugger stuff later on when you start encountering xenomorphs. Unless you're actually not seeing them past the area behind the Green doors?

Reactions: MagicSlay
Apr 13, 2021
It's actually foreshadowing. You'll find Facehugger stuff later on when you start encountering xenomorphs. Unless you're actually not seeing them past the area behind the Green doors?
I have explore around the green doors. It might be that I use the mods but i doubt it. I might do another run and see iof that works near the green doors.

If you mean the green opposite of T1 then.... 1667323937894.png

Last edited:

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
I have explore around the green doors. It might be that I use the mods but i doubt it. I might do another run and see iof that works near the green doors.

If you mean the green opposite of T1 then.... View attachment 2139778
Did you use cheat mod to obtain all of the key cards?
I'm not sure but I heard that if you use cheat mod to obtain all of the key cards, game might not work properly.

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020

If you mean the green opposite of T1 then.... View attachment 2139778
Ok, that's a bit weird. That zone should be full of facehugger eggs and xenomorphs. Also none of the available mods affect enemy placement from what I remember.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
Ok, that's a bit weird. That zone should be full of facehugger eggs and xenomorphs. Also none of the available mods affect enemy placement from what I remember.
Judging from the amount of HP, MP, and the skill the dude has, dude probably use a cheat mod to obtain all of it.

The thing is if you use the obtain all key card before actually picking up key card, and probably skip the boss, the game may not work properly

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
I do also remember something like this.
A short thread search later here is what I've found (underline added by me):
So, I've known about this for a little while, but frankly I was too lazy to really dive into it further, but this thread keeps getting so much attention, that my interest in the game is quickly renewed. Every time I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in! Actually, it's amazing how much detail and minor hidden things there are in this game. But anyway, back to what I was going to say.

This game has sequence breaking. It's not perfect in it's execution, but it does seem to be intentional. For instance, using the methods I will show in a bit, you can actually skip the first 2 Bosses. However, doing so seems to disable all of the alien eggs place throughout the game. This wouldn't happen unless Grimhelm specifically programmed it that way, as you normally can't even view an egg, until sometime after the first Boss.

Anyway, just like in the game that it attempts to heavily copy (Super Metroid), this game has wall jumping, and it's doable without an upgrade, although it very janky. Actually, it might be more accurate to say that certain parts of the wall "fit together" in a way that creates an invisible edge you can momentarily step upon (probably because of the Unity tileset Grimhelm designed), and then quickly jump off of. As far as I know, you need the Double Jump to perform this. Honestly have not tried without it, as the Double Jump is gained pretty early on, and you have to pass it right before you can start using it for this trick.

156_163_146_167 TheNextOne I feel like you two would have the most interest here, based on past posts I've read from you both. I'm editing my map, for quick reference, for those who are interested in this.

Oko7

Mar 14, 2021
I do also remember something like this.
A short thread search later here is what I've found (underline added by me):
From my experience only after second boss (vagina looking one) is killed the eggs will start to work even if I previously killed boss 3 and 4.

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
From my experience only after second boss (vagina looking one) is killed the eggs will start to work even if I previously killed boss 3 and 4.
Ah, this right here. Killing the second boss triggers the appearance of the working facehugger eggs. There's an area below the central teleporter that doesn't have eggs untill you kill that boss, that'd be an easy place to test if it's related to that.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Ah, this right here. Killing the second boss triggers the appearance of the working facehugger eggs. There's an area below the central teleporter that doesn't have eggs untill you kill that boss, that'd be an easy place to test if it's related to that.
damn wtf I didn't know this game had a dynamic map that changes besides the obvious teleporters and stuff

Apr 13, 2021
Judging from the amount of HP, MP, and the skill the dude has, dude probably use a cheat mod to obtain all of it.

The thing is if you use the obtain all key card before actually picking up key card, and probably skip the boss, the game may not work properly
Yeah, I did use the cheat mod, I'll try doing it correctly. Also which boss is it, if it's the one that is just a head sticking from the ground using tentacles as sattacks I have fought it

frid

Apr 25, 2017
I played this game, years ago, and now I'm revisiting it. I remember when you were nude the enemies could grab you, but not anymore. They hit till im dead, and then they grab me. Does anyone now a solution for this?

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
I played this game, years ago, and now I'm revisiting it. I remember when you were nude the enemies could grab you, but not anymore. They hit till im dead, and then they grab me. Does anyone now a solution for this?
Check options - most likely you have SFW/Youtube mode enabled. It's some sort of checkbox if I remember correctly.

Reactions: frid
4.50 star(s) 116 Votes