4.50 star(s) 116 Votes

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
I'll likely close out bonedbod for AQE as 1.0 soon. At the moment I'm busy with modding Night of Revenge. Weighing NOR vs AQE from a modding perspective is basically this: I think AQE's vanilla combat is about as paper thin as it gets. NOR is proving to have a lot of potential on the other hand. Codewise, AQE is bad but NOR is worse. Modding things with bad code either involves a normalization pass to wrangle all the fuckery into an API or you just embrace the suck (like all hack projects do) and your code sucks. There comes a moment when you get overwhelmed by suck and it takes too much to push forward. AQE's core gameplay is more at odds with what I'm interested in doing than NOR is. So that's why I'm on NOR. I don't know how far that rabbit hole will go though considering the code.
Glad to hear you're also working on NoR, I'll have to check your mod once the game is completed

Januar1

Sep 13, 2020
Just finished this game, even though I am not the biggest fan of the Metroidvania genre of nukige this game was surprisingly good! Although it is kinda regretful that the heroine didn't have more fleshed out background and character.

coolgy

Apr 19, 2018
Just to verify:
  • The other features of the mod work? (e.g. damaging enemy after H-Scene, regaining health after complete H-Scene)?
  • Does the attacked monster have an H-Scene?
  • When you attack the monster (spin or normal) while holding Left Shift, do you make damage (should not be; monsters without H-Scene just are not hit, with H-Scene starts the scene)
  • Do you have a censored version without H-Scenes?
  • Do you use the keyboard or a controller? (controller is L-Trigger + Attack, Keyboard is L-Shift + Attack; L-Trigger is the key you press for switching to Mana Potions when playing with XBox controller)
Just to follow up, as i have a similar issue to Fazio. I think i've found out what the problem for me is.

To describe the problem; for me every auto attack leads to the grab attack that initiates sex. all auto attacks go through non-H enemies and do no damage. I think the reason i have this issue is because i have joysticks/controllers plugged in that have constant inputs which are holding down the 'shift' key while im playing the game.

Any way to fix this? I'd love to play the mod but its unrealistic for me to unplug my joysticks for just this game.

Thanks.

RaivoAsdf

Modder
Mar 2, 2018
Just to follow up, as i have a similar issue to Fazio. I think i've found out what the problem for me is.

To describe the problem; for me every auto attack leads to the grab attack that initiates sex. all auto attacks go through non-H enemies and do no damage. I think the reason i have this issue is because i have joysticks/controllers plugged in that have constant inputs which are holding down the 'shift' key while im playing the game.

Any way to fix this? I'd love to play the mod but its unrealistic for me to unplug my joysticks for just this game.

Thanks.
That explains that... Grabbing non-H-Scene monsters will do no damage in my mod.

I don't think that the controller/joysticks will send the same signal as left-shift. But maybe they send a Z-Axis as negative. This is what signals the L-Trigger.

But that would mean, you also cannot use the Heal potions with the controller, as "B" on controller uses Red Potions, and L-Trigger + "B" uses Blue Potions. Do you encounter that problem, too (the blue potions always glowing)? You can still use both potions on the keyboard with "1" and "2", however...

And you have a controller attached, but play using the keyboard. Is that correct? What type of controller do you have?

coolgy

Apr 19, 2018
That explains that... Grabbing non-H-Scene monsters will do no damage in my mod.

I don't think that the controller/joysticks will send the same signal as left-shift. But maybe they send a Z-Axis as negative. This is what signals the L-Trigger.

But that would mean, you also cannot use the Heal potions with the controller, as "B" on controller uses Red Potions, and L-Trigger + "B" uses Blue Potions. Do you encounter that problem, too (the blue potions always glowing)? You can still use both potions on the keyboard with "1" and "2", however...

And you have a controller attached, but play using the keyboard. Is that correct? What type of controller do you have?
Well im not sure what button "B" is mapped to but i pressed random buttons and infact only the blue pots got used.

I have dual

And yes. I play on the keyboard and mouse with no issues otherwise.

RaivoAsdf

Modder
Mar 2, 2018
Well im not sure what button "B" is mapped to but i pressed random buttons and infact only the blue pots got used.

I have dual

And yes. I play on the keyboard and mouse with no issues otherwise.
Ok, I see. That's a 4 axis joystick.
I used a normal XBox controller, where the L/R Trigger are the Z-Axis. I think it should be the Throttle slider on yours. Try to put it exactely in the middle.
You can also check in the Windows Gamecontroller settings what the axis is (Hit Windowskey > enter "Gamecontroller" > go to "Properties" > "Test"). The Z-Axis must be in the middle (neutral / 100%) position.
You find more info here:
Hope this helps...

coolgy

Apr 19, 2018
Ok, I see. That's a 4 axis joystick.
I used a normal XBox controller, where the L/R Trigger are the Z-Axis. I think it should be the Throttle slider on yours. Try to put it exactely in the middle.
You can also check in the Windows Gamecontroller settings what the axis is (Hit Windowskey > enter "Gamecontroller" > go to "Properties" > "Test"). The Z-Axis must be in the middle (neutral / 100%) position.
You find more info here:
Hope this helps...
Nah its not the slider. Its the throttle twist. Throttle needs to be twisted to the left to use pots, do damage. It also makes me spin attack constantly.

Trying to see if i can disable the input inside Assembly-CSharp.dll but its been a while since i did any sort of programming.

RaivoAsdf

Modder
Mar 2, 2018
Nah its not the slider. Its the throttle twist. Throttle needs to be twisted to the left to use pots, do damage. It also makes me spin attack constantly.

Trying to see if i can disable the input inside Assembly-CSharp.dll but its been a while since i did any sort of programming.
This is what I added for the grapple attack:
C:
////////////////////////////////////////
// MODIFY Monster.OnTriggerStay2D:
private void OnTriggerStay2D(Collider2D col)
{
// [...............SKIP Down to this part ~Line 260 in the method]
        else if (col.tag == "Col_PC_Atk" && !this.isInvincible)
        {
            //////////////// ADD THIS
            if (Input.GetAxis("L_Trigger") < 0f || Input.GetKey(KeyCode.LeftShift))
            {
                if (this.GM.Hscene_Num == 0)
                {
                    base.SendMessage("Start_H_Single");
                }
                {
                    base.SendMessage("Start_Hscene");
                }
                return;
            }
            //////////////// END ADD THIS
// [...............Rest unchanged]
If you remove the Input.GetAxis("L_Trigger") < 0f, it will stop reacting to the L-Trigger and only Left Shift will start the H-Scene.

Hope this helps

coolgy

Apr 19, 2018
This is what I added for the grapple attack:
C:
// MODIFY Monster.OnTriggerStay2D:
private void OnTriggerStay2D(Collider2D col)
{
// [...............SKIP Down to this part ~Line 260 in the method]
        else if (col.tag == "Col_PC_Atk" && !this.isInvincible)
        {
            //////////////// ADD THIS
            if (Input.GetAxis("L_Trigger") < 0f || Input.GetKey(KeyCode.LeftShift))
            {
                {
                    base.SendMessage("Start_H_Single");
                }
                {
                    base.SendMessage("Start_Hscene");
                }
                return;
            }
            //////////////// END ADD THIS
// [...............Rest unchanged]
If you remove the Input.GetAxis("L_Trigger") < 0f, it will stop reacting to the L-Trigger and only Left Shift will start the H-Scene.

Hope this helps
Yes, that works. Much appreciated!

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
anybody have the 0.13 version? i kinda removed it by accident from my gahh dahmn storage
Ehmmm....why would you want a 0.13 version when a full release is available for years now? It's not like there's some content cut from it so there's literally no reason to grab old demos.

$ent1ent

Sep 25, 2020
Ehmmm....why would you want a 0.13 version when a full release is available for years now? It's not like there's some content cut from it so there's literally no reason to grab old demos.
idk just wanna play the old version

Nov 24, 2019
Can't you like, imagine that game ends in 1/4th? That's pretty much the scope of the demo 0.13. Literally nothing is different. Even enemies, powers, mechanics and animations stayed the same.
I thought the only difference was the face hugger animation was in the gallery for .13 and it got removed from the gallery in the full might be wrong tho

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
I thought the only difference was the face hugger animation was in the gallery for .13 and it got removed from the gallery in the full might be wrong tho
As far as I can remember, facehugger was never in the gallery because it is something of a situational critter and the only gore in-game. Definitely there wasn't a full animation (aka birth), of that I am sure.

Reactions: LDV

Hi There

Nov 21, 2017
The 0.12B and prior demos had a different map layout as well as difficulty (or may be just the spitter dudes having a different attack that made it harder), as well as enemy "grab logic" being slighty different I think. Otherwise, pretty sure the 0.13 demo is just a watered down version of the full game, which is probably why I don't have it anymore, sorry.

Reactions: Buziol

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Since someone here want to know how is KMod doing now
Here are some other newer sneak peek (older sneak peek)

Please note that thing(s) inside sneak peek may not be included in the release version

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"Im...preg...nate" sounds like the male is declaring he is pregnate with babby.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes