OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Update: I am a little behind schedule, but as you know by now, I always keep a promise I made. I appreciate your input and constructive criticism. And because of it, I added some extra things. In terms of images and writing it is as big if not bigger than my entire tyrano release. It is ready, going to test it thoroughly for functionality only tonight. Upload it to my patrons first obviously. Then send links to VT. Thanks for your patience and continued support. <3

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
No plz no.
We've already discussed this. MC on Alison not happening. She is my Angel. I only play Gentle FYI! And not to worry VT "Incest is already part of the story, implied and possibly otherwise. But not happening with MC, it simply is a chunk of the story I am afraid. Edit, for the paranoid ones. The MC on Alison not happening was a joke, don't shoot me. It's totally happening and only you can choose otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
We've already discussed this. MC on Alison not happening. She is my Angel. I only play Gentle FYI! And not to worry VT "Incest is already part of the story, implied and possibly otherwise. But not happening with MC, it simply is a chunk of the story I am afraid.
:/

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
HAHAHA, it was a joke! I thought you would get it :D So to clarify. I just meant incest MC wise, not a thing I'm afraid. Pssst, this update should cheer you up a bit, it uh gets closer to.... oops almost spoiled it there.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Considering that teaser with her in the cowgirl pose sitting on the MC's crotch (both fully clothed) that VT posted, you can understand why I was shocked. Alas, humor often doesn't translate well in forum posts unless one liberally slathers with emojis and/or explicitly states that they're joking.

We're all good, dude. :coffee:

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
To make it easy for you to understand why. I had to google attribute to get the real meaning of it. English is my fourth language, at least my writing is not as bad as some Russian translations though. As for the girl part, I actually take that as a compliment. Maybe there is a girl hiding inside me and I never looked closely. Oh boy, there's my next title. The girl inside me...
I thought a little more on why the writing feels girlish, and I decided it's not a compliment - it's because it's overly dramatic and introverted (monologuing). Now, I think both of those are good qualities for a first-person story, but they were too dominant.

The drama could be scaled back by simply making the game even shorter - or perhaps by splitting lines into shorter segments and adding more renders. The introversion could either be curtailed by having more silence and expressions in place of internal monologue, or alternatively ameliorated by choosing consistent coloring even for unknown speakers, a readable typeface, and distinct fonts for internal and external dialogue and narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyped

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
When I get to your level of expertise I will gladly do all of that. For now, I am a 3-day developer who had to learn Renpy overnight. I appreciate the input and respect your opinion, you are entitled to it. But thankfully so am I. And all I really need right now is support and experience. Take care, and thanks for playing, even though it was more like a let's dissect what's wrong with it.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
...even though it was more like a let's dissect what's wrong with it.
It struck me as useful constructive criticism, albeit seriously lacking in tact (which makes it hard to accept).

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Links are being sent to VT guys. Apologies for the long wait but I had the luck to lose power. The last render was a backup. It will get redone properly. 0.2.5 is finally here. And with that, I am done with what content I had saved up for my tyrano build. I will keep working, and likely have something ready for next month now.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
It struck me as useful constructive criticism, albeit seriously lacking in tact (which makes it hard to accept).
It struck me as it's 3AM I've worked since 10AM on this. And it's one of those I held no gun to nobody's head. I charged no one a dime to play it.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
When I get to your level of expertise I will gladly do all of that.
Make no mistake, I'm not a writer, just a player of your game. I don't particularly care how you develop your game, as long as it keeps getting better, and not just longer.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Make no mistake, I'm not a writer, just a player of your game. I don't particularly care how you develop your game, as long as it keeps getting better, and not just longer.
All I can say is this. Give this next update a chance. If you still don't like it then I guess there is nothing I can do :) The game is in its day one. You want me to end it already? The characters haven't even been introduced yet... Honestly.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
The latest build is up, as always patreon first. I did send the links to VT fyi. But of course, some people sleep (unlike me) So expect the new links when VT is awake and if you find any issues which you might. Been running for 19hours now. Let me know here. I'll try to sort it with a quick script swap for you.

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I thought a little more on why the writing feels girlish, and I decided it's not a compliment - it's because it's overly dramatic and introverted (monologuing). Now, I think both of those are good qualities for a first-person story, but they were too dominant.

The drama could be scaled back by simply making the game even shorter - or perhaps by splitting lines into shorter segments and adding more renders. The introversion could either be curtailed by having more silence and expressions in place of internal monologue, or alternatively ameliorated by choosing consistent coloring even for unknown speakers, a readable typeface, and distinct fonts for internal and external dialogue and narrative.
I didn't want to go to bed on a bad note. Thank you for trying my game, and I am sorry I lost my cool for a bit. I lost power 3 times during the day I lost progress was set back hours. That, however, is no excuse, all I can tell you is that I will continue to improve over time. I'll try my best to do a better job. Hope you find the new update more to your liking.

3.40 star(s) 79 Votes