1.90 star(s) 35 Votes

Wolfikins

Feb 19, 2018
Then you'd be a bad dev. The game is fundamentally flawed almost to the point of being unplayable. It's got glitches everywhere, hit and hurt boxes are vastly over sized, enemy movement patterns vastly outperform the players movement options, even half of the platforms are coded poorly so they are smaller than the platform itself, and the game is poorly optimized and runs exceptionally slow. These are all common grievances listed throughout the 12 pages of the games thread. There's no need to continue repeating what's been a problem the entire time, when you can summarize it by saying "The arts is great, everything else sucks".
See? That was much better. Poorly optimised is p. common early in Unreal game dev, but it's a legit complaint. Hitboxes/hurtboxes overall seem to be a problem (some too big, some too small), although that may or may not be exaggerating the impact of the movement patterns (and isn't always coded, so much as "dragged, dropped, resized.") That... Was a lot more helpful than "Sucks", which doesn't actually summarise. It's just reductive.

Crackle

Nov 10, 2018
See? That was much better. Poorly optimised is p. common early in Unreal game dev, but it's a legit complaint. Hitboxes/hurtboxes overall seem to be a problem (some too big, some too small), although that may or may not be exaggerating the impact of the movement patterns (and isn't always coded, so much as "dragged, dropped, resized.") That... Was a lot more helpful than "Sucks", which doesn't actually summarise. It's just reductive.
Implying that all the things I listed off were not

A) All stated over and over throughout the thread already
B) All falling under the category of "Sucks".

Like I said, you would be a terrible game dev.

Cezul

Feb 16, 2018
For those of you having issues seeing any of the scenes:

When you start the game, try to hang UP + to the RIGHT

You will eventually get to a drop down area with a succubus looking creature, destroy that mf

there then should be a lift/elevator that will take you up to a mansion like corridor. You will be tempted to enter the first door you see... Do not go through it yet. Keep going to the right and exploring the mansion. You'll find some big titty slut that has some dialogue and a quest. After that, you can either go up the stairs or continue right and you'll see some heart enemies that will show you the scenes.

Up that stairs you'll find the blacksmith dude, and more doors. Each door has a heart enemy, and thus a scene.

As far as lag issues, i haven't experienced any ( I have an excellent gaming rig )
The new update added a lot of more detailed lighting, and the game DOES look overall a lot better.
It's still kind of a janky mess. I feel like Taboo would be better off making a CYOA VN type deal(and honestly i dislike VNs from a gameplay perspective, so BORING ), but regardless this could be good experience and hopefully he'll get the hang of it and polish things out. There's potential here, whether anything will come of it though is another question.

Reason all the heart enemies are kept near the end is probably so everyone has to go through the game to test the systems. ( probably obvious to most of us but i'm some of you were wondering )

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
Implying that all the things I listed off were not

A) All stated over and over throughout the thread already
B) All falling under the category of "Sucks".

Like I said, you would be a terrible game dev.
I was just about to reply to him before I saw your posts but turns out you did all the work. Good to have some people with functioning brains in here.

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
It's time to stop posting...

kildar

Apr 24, 2017
here's the cg, is my first attempt into making gifs so expect it to be a bit bad quality and choppy, still hope you enjoy! Greetings from argentina, sorry for my horrid english, it's not my main language

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks mate, i played for hours and never got a single scene.
So this is exactly what i was looking for.

ssj4kakarott

Jun 1, 2018
where to start with this game

the good: the game looks amazing, the art style is really nice, the animation is good too, the monsters look cool, the game play reminds me of Castlevania

the bad: the controls are so clunky and don't respond all the time, the menu button doesn't work at all with a Xbox controller, forced to use the escape button on keyboard all the time. there is absolutely no save system that I can see at all, the spikes just drain your health to no end and you get trapped in them endlessly. there is no direction to follow at all, the levels are just one giant maze, there desperately needs to be a range attack and a downward jump melee attack. the biggest problem is you have no clue what to do other then kill bad guys and jump around though a maze avoiding spikes, and there is on clue on how to access the CG senes .

Crackle

Nov 10, 2018
where to start with this game

the good: the game looks amazing, the art style is really nice, the animation is good too, the monsters look cool, the game play reminds me of Castlevania

the bad: the controls are so clunky and don't respond all the time, the menu button doesn't work at all with a Xbox controller, forced to use the escape button on keyboard all the time. there is absolutely no save system that I can see at all, the spikes just drain your health to no end and you get trapped in them endlessly. there is no direction to follow at all, the levels are just one giant maze, there desperately needs to be a range attack and a downward jump melee attack. the biggest problem is you have no clue what to do other then kill bad guys and jump around though a maze avoiding spikes, and there is on clue on how to access the CG senes .
This does seem to be really the main issue, I don't know the development history of the game nor do I know how much funding they have as I've only glanced at their patreon, but at the end of the day any and all attention the dev has needs to be turned to gameplay and maintenance. The game runs worse than soggy toast sprinting through a swamp. Part of that I'm sure falls to it being in alpha (afaik anyway) but it's one of the first things that should be prioritized, more so than adding new scenes. All the content in the world doesn't matter if the game itself runs so poorly that reaching that content is a chore.

Jul 15, 2017
Then you'd be a bad dev.
Well, i find this Argument pretty dumb, like if you go for an doctor because you have an issue with your health (obviously) and the only you can say "My Head is fine, everything else hurts...".

To basically say "the art is fine, but the rest is crap" isn't a feedback, isn't critique, it's an Opinion. Anyone can complain about let's say Mario Kart, point out they like the Character-Design, but the rest of the game they find crap, but that could be mean everything for developers. Is it a real issue of the game - like bugs, or whatever, or does this specific user simply doesn't like fun-racer or racer in general.

Well i understand, it's confusing if you imagine devs are like wizards who create whole universes with their games and ideas, but to breakt it for you, they aren't psychic, they can't read your mind and if you want to give proper feedback you have to specify your issues, so they can look into it.

So no, to ignore useless comments like "Shit Game" or whatever doesn't make an dev bad, but moreover show bad gamers | consumer, either because they simply hating, or don't understand how "feedback" works.

(edit: Also a small reminder: back in the good ol' days there were, except the QA which tested the technical stuff, no feedback from the gamers to begin with and they still crafted amazing games by their own vision. While there are Games and such, some of them early access which profit from player-feedback, there are also examples of how an game can suffer from player-feedback (or also sequels to the good games) because they have to stick to the major points of an feedback, which in our times mean mainstream and appeal to the masses, and killed already some amazing games)

The game runs worse than soggy toast sprinting through a swamp. Part of that I'm sure falls to it being in alpha (afaik anyway) but it's one of the first things that should be prioritized, more so than adding new scenes.
Well, whlie i get your point, the Problem with this aspect is, and that's something which early access games suffer as well, if you have to optimize every build (and you have to do that, because almost everytime you add something even more if its about core mechanics, it will break something and you need to optimize the game again which is pretty time consuming... also don't forget if there is behind a project dev. team in an classic sense, than often the ones who make arts and such are different people than the one do the coding, so if they would delay on content stuff like this, it wouldn't go faster anyway...), than it will take way longer for the finishing line unlike they focus on actually developing the game (core-mechanics, content etc) and polish the game near the end...

Reactions: rateezy

Night King

Aug 27, 2018
Art style is really good but I played this game for 30 minutes and this is really hard to play, I could not find any sex scenes. How can I see sex scenes ?

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Nice gameplay, game works fine for me without any issues. I just can't figure out how to save though? There are the checkpoints, but when i first closed the game i had to realise, that i had to start all over again :S

Reactions: Night King
1.90 star(s) 35 Votes