VN Ren'Py Abandoned Alter-self [v0.01.08] [Ezio Tatsuya]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
IMO I would say if you have added and changed some stuff, giving the game is still in super early stages I would say I do not care if you go all the way to 0.1xcd or something you got to do what you deem is the progress of the game. If need be you could always put it as 0.1.5 or something or change it to 0.02 to make things a lot easier the thing is going to fast to 0.2 or 0.3 with not a lot of content even though your updates add more then the last is it might give people the idea that the game will be a very small one.

Reactions: EzioTatsuya

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
IMO I would say if you have added and changed some stuff, giving the game is still in super early stages I would say I do not care if you go all the way to 0.1xcd or something you got to do what you deem is the progress of the game. If need be you could always put it as 0.1.5 or something or change it to 0.02 to make things a lot easier the thing is going to fast to 0.2 or 0.3 with not a lot of content even though your updates add more then the last is it might give people the idea that the game will be a very small one.
Thanks for your suggestion Bradz0 and Goldgear. Yeah, I needed a second opinion before I deliver the next build, my first patron suggest the same thing to have it in 0.01c. I guess the 0.1.5 sounds good, maybe have it as 0.01.03 to leave it in numbers. The game is going to be huge and I don't want people to think is going to be small. thanks for you guys suggestion.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, I have some good and bad news. The bad news is that I don't think is going to be possible for me to get the build finish by today, I will try and get it finish by tomorrow or Monday. The good news is that there is going to be a lot of content with an important decision for the other build, I also add some art-attack to the game because I see that many other games do it. Thank you for playing Alter-Self and I hope to see you all again for the next build.

Reactions: muttdoggy and tek

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, I got almost the build ready to make it public. I will place it in my Patreon first, so you can go ahead and download it there for now, also if you haven't gone to my Patreon already, then give me a comment to see how many people have played the game, I am curious to know. Thank you for playing Alter-Self and I hope to see you all again in the next build.

Reactions: tek and blind

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, Bobby here to give you another update. I change the name of the version of the title from 0.01b to 0.01.03 because just as Goldgear said I don't want people to think the game is going to be short. Is going to be BIG!! and I update it weekly(maybe in the future every two weeks depending on the content), so I don't want to get in trouble with numbers and letters much less making the game going like version 4.1.32. The full version is 1.0 so you can image how big is going to be. Also sorry guys I didn't update it early I felt asleep after I post it on my Patreon (I guess is not a problem because I said that I want people to download it there to see the real amount of people that follows the game, I only know a few people from both here and in Patreon that I want to thank for their opinions, you guys really help me with the suggestions for the game).

One more note, when I start this game I was going to add sex scene at the beginning because many people want sex right away in games (myself included) but after opinions from others I decide to make it in right times, (make it more realistic, make it mean something). Meaning that you will get to do it with her when she thinks is the right time, every girls as different likes and dislikes in which later on you will be able to give them gifts and take them out on dates(the dates won't be repetitive so don't worry there is always something new to learn about her ;)), the game won't end after you done it with your love one. The game ends after you trigger the ending of the character so you can do as much love as you want with her and also with (if you want) the other girls. I hope this could explain on newcomers that have start enjoying this game.

I want to also thank the people that follow this game from here and Patreon, because of you guys.. I wouldn't be continuing with this game much less make it to the public. You guys motivate me to keep going and I thank you for that, I wish I could deliver more but I'm not someone with cash and I lack with the assets, so I'm sorry from there:oops:. When I get a better graphic I would make the scene HD and make the background look almost like first person as well as redo some work like improving the previous images. I want to make this game look good in both visual and in story (I'm a writer, I study on that subject so don't worry from there). Thank you as always for playing Alter-Self and I hope to see you all again in the next build.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I have a question. Are you still going to follow the idea of a software controlling your action/ the action of the others around you or not? This point is not clear in my mind after your last release.

Great game

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
I have a question. Are you still going to follow the idea of a software controlling your action/ the action of the others around you or not? This point is not clear in my mind after your last release.

Great game
That's a great question, yes, that was the main idea from the beginning, heck from that idea is where I got the name of the game. But is going to be on standby at the moment until I have the require assets (yeah, I know I keep saying that, but is the only reason I can give you). I apologies for not mention it early. The software was suppose to change your personality in which you will interact differently from others, making the game replayable.

What I have planned for the player when using the computer will be a secret for now but here is a little hint I can tell you, just remember this.... don't tell the girls about it, they will ask you at one point.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, I am curious in something. So I look again at the sister face and something just didn't look quiet right for me, so I decide to do some changing and now I have different option for her. Sorry if they weren't finish render I was rushing but now there's different looks for you to see and choice. I am going to put a public poll on my Patreon to see if you guys want me to keep the same look or change it. If I'm going to changer her look, now is the right time before there is too much content of her. This won't affect my work now because I still need to do something with her so that's why I'm asking.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Hello everyone, I am curious in something. So I look again at the sister face and something just didn't look quiet right for me, so I decide to do some changing and now I have different option for her. Sorry if they weren't finish render I was rushing but now there's different looks for you to see and choice. I am going to put a public poll on my Patreon to see if you guys want me to keep the same look or change it. If I'm going to changer her look, now is the right time before there is too much content of her. This won't affect my work now because I still need to do something with her so that's why I'm asking.
Personally, I definitely prefer the shorter chin, smaller eyes version [Example2], as she seems more real. I assume the other examples are the same as example2, just different angles and shadow, if not, I can't tell the difference. Now, even though I like the example2 version, everyone is going to have a different opinion (big boobs, small boobs, big butt, small butt, etc. Always a different opinion). So at the end of the day, you need to do what you feel you like.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Personally, I definitely prefer the shorter chin, smaller eyes version [Example2], as she seems more real. I assume the other examples are the same as example2, just different angles and shadow, if not, I can't tell the difference. Now, even though I like the example2 version, everyone is going to have a different opinion (big boobs, small boobs, big butt, small butt, etc. Always a different opinion). So at the end of the day, you need to do what you feel you like.
Well I'm not really changing her body just her face and head. But thanks for your vote.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everybody, I have the result of the poll. The fourth example won but a vote (I also count the vote from here). I will now continue on my work, thank you playing Alter-Self and I hope to see you on the next build.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, I am here once again to give you another update about Alter-Self. I finish changing the sister and now I'm only missing a few scenes to have her complete in the game, this also means that I will change the main menu which is not bad because now I can add the other characters.

Now on to the next update, I don't think is going to be possible for me to make a new update this week because we are in the middle of the week and what I'm aiming to achieve for this update is going to be big, bigger than the last one. Now, this is going to take me more time to finish so I’m not sure when is going to be ready, but I will update you all as I progress in the build.

Now in the future when I get the graphic card I will change all the images and scenes into HD, also if you guys want. I can change the POV of the game to a 1st person. I got no problem in changing it as I see that it has been popular in other games. Now if you guys want me to keep it in third person then that's fine by me. I just want to give you all the best experience in playing the game. Thank you for playing Alter-Self and I hope to see you again in the next build.

Reactions: 3xpurt

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Regarding 1st/3rd person, it is good to have a variety of game styles, so do what you feel you prefer.

Ghozt

Donor
Dec 28, 2016
Luv the back and fourth your having with the players. just started downloading, but got a feeling this might be pretty awesome even if it's still in early stages. Keep up the great work Bobby, god knows this Bobby (me) is way to lazy to do anything this grand lol

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I have yet to play your latest build and I will try when I have a bit more free time to do so as I don't just rush your game nor do I want to play it when my mind is a bit tired so to speak, Been really busy with work and lessons for driving license and also family stuff I have not been on the forum for a few day's until today. When I do get home from work and such I am playing Andromeda but even that I cannot enjoy at it's fullest as I am tired and usually go off to bed within 1 to 2 hours so I am not even that far or achieved little in that game so far. So ill try and give it a go when I have a few day's off but even then I need to see if I can have the time for it as my first day off is upcoming Sunday and on that day I have to fix 3 laptops for someone and check out a 4th laptop which is my dad's and all this is going to be done without me having even slept on that day as Ill be working graveyard shift on Saturday and when I got home from work it is 06:00 Sunday so yea GG life to me T_T. But keep up the work man also when my paypal is finaly fixed Ill check out your patreon.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Thank you guys for your suggestions, every opinion and suggestion is important to me as they will help me improve the game.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
I have yet to play your latest build and I will try when I have a bit more free time to do so as I don't just rush your game nor do I want to play it when my mind is a bit tired so to speak, Been really busy with work and lessons for driving license and also family stuff I have not been on the forum for a few day's until today. When I do get home from work and such I am playing Andromeda but even that I cannot enjoy at it's fullest as I am tired and usually go off to bed within 1 to 2 hours so I am not even that far or achieved little in that game so far. So ill try and give it a go when I have a few day's off but even then I need to see if I can have the time for it as my first day off is upcoming Sunday and on that day I have to fix 3 laptops for someone and check out a 4th laptop which is my dad's and all this is going to be done without me having even slept on that day as Ill be working graveyard shift on Saturday and when I got home from work it is 06:00 Sunday so yea GG life to me T_T. But keep up the work man also when my paypal is finaly fixed Ill check out your patreon.
Sorry to hear that and don't worry Goldgear, take all the time you need as there is no rush. I know a little bit on how you feel, I stop playing games myself when I start my project, is a pain when they ask you to stay more hours at work to replace someone and you have a deadline and you come back all tired. So play the game next week in a freeday or when you think is best for you, I don't want you to hurt yourself physically or mentally. So take all the time you need Goldgear and thank you for enjoying the game.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote