VN Ren'Py Abandoned Alter-self [v0.01.08] [Ezio Tatsuya]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
That looks nice, I also love the part where it's wrote **save here** or the change of color. It shows the dedication. I'm glad you love the game.
I saw several grammar and spelling mistakes. I would like to help out correcting/adjusting english text in your game using a program. I would of course be needing the text file to proofread it.

PS: I dont claim to be a professional. English is my second language.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
I saw several grammar and spelling mistakes. I would like to help out correcting/adjusting english text in your game using a program. I would of course be needing the text file to proofread it.

PS: I dont claim to be a professional. English is my second language.
English is my second language too, I appreciate the help but I need someone that has a certificate or diploma in English. I use a grammar check before any update but I guess it doesn't work, so I don't think a machine will cut it. Thanks for the offering, though.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
English is my second language too, I appreciate the help but I need someone that has a certificate or diploma in English. I use a grammar check before any update but I guess it doesn't work, so I don't think a machine will cut it. Thanks for the offering, though.
Would a native english speaker who is familiar with your language work? Would you also need someone who has at least a college degree or a high school diploma?

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Would a native english speaker who is familiar with your language work? Would you also need someone who has at least a college degree or a high school diploma?
A native English speaker will work great but it depends on where it grew up, I'm saying that because I met people in New York that were born there and their English were their first language, and they had a lot of errors like me. Yeah it was in high school, but the people I met in college had a top notch writing. So really the only reason I ask for a diploma or certificate is because of experience of meeting people that their native language were English and had errors like me.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
A native English speaker will work great but it depends on where it grew up, I'm saying that because I met people in New York that were born there and their English were their first language, and they had a lot of errors like me. Yeah it was in high school, but the people I met in college had a top notch writing. So really the only reason I ask for a diploma or certificate is because of experience of meeting people that their native language were English and had errors like me.
Makes perfect sense. I'll keep an eye out for someone who's got some time to help and has college experience!

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
There is definitely a difference between being able to write and spell English correctly, and being able to use it properly. While some people might be able to spell and punctuate in the basic sense (like me), not everyone does it correctly, or knows all the correct uses for various punctuation to be able to convey the correct context in a story.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Makes perfect sense. I'll keep an eye out for someone who's got some time to help and has college experience!
I know I exaggerate with the college stuff so that is not really require, but what I really want is just someone that can proofread my work fast and without errors. Anyway, thanks doggy.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
There is definitely a difference between being able to write and spell English correctly, and being able to use it properly. While some people might be able to spell and punctuate in the basic sense (like me), not everyone does it correctly, or knows all the correct uses for various punctuation to be able to convey the correct context in a story.
Yeah, you are right.
I just want the best for my game. So I guess I don't really need someone with college. I'm going to make a google drive with the script so if anyone that want to help on the spelling and errors give me holla! to give you the link. @Qleaf send me your email to give you the link.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
English is fairly easy to write by hand but the rules with grammar, word placement, and punctuation can be a pain in the ass to get right. That's what even the machine translated English fails to do. I've even had spellcheck trouble with my phone while typing with my paws. A misplaced letter was the difference between "I want to eat bread" and "I want to beat bread". :p

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
English is fairly easy to write by hand but the rules with grammar, word placement, and punctuation can be a pain in the ass to get right. That's what even the machine translated English fails to do. I've even had spellcheck trouble with my phone while typing with my paws. A misplaced letter was the difference between "I want to eat bread" and "I want to beat bread". :p
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking asking that request (Maybe because I'm half sleep and is 4).

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
I want to apologies to everyone on my behavior last night, it was arrogant and not right. The first thing I don't want people to thing something I'm not, for that I'm sorry. I also want to thank Qleaf for volunteering on helping fixing the grammar and spelling error. It will greatly improve the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: bagils

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
I want to apologies to everyone on my behavior last night, it was arrogant and not right. The first thing I don't want people to thing is something I'm not, for that I'm sorry. I also want to thank Qleaf for volunteering on helping fixing the grammar and spelling error. It will greatly improve the game.
First of all, let me start of by saying that there is nothing to apologize for from my side. You simply wanted what's best for your game and I totally understand. Actually at that moment, I was happy to know you were setting a high standard and shows your investment in the game.

I will do the best I can and hopefully wont disappoint.

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
First of all, let me start of by saying that there is nothing to apologize for from my side. You simply wanted what's best for your game and I totally understand. Actually at that moment, I was happy to know you were setting a high standard and shows your investment in the game.

I will do the best I can and hopefully wont disappoint.
Thank you for your assistance, I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, I want the best for this game. That is why I'm going to redesign the visuals of the previous days to make the whole game 1st person. It won't take me long but with your help on proofreading, the game will look great for another start over for fans of the game and newcomers.

Nov 16, 2016
Just took a look at your game, downloading it right now. I am not too sure if you still need help with the grammar but my job revolves around English. I can help if you need it. Best of luck with your game!

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Just took a look at your game, downloading it right now. I am not too sure if you still need help with the grammar but my job revolves around English. I can help if you need it. Best of luck with your game!
Thank you for volunteer, but at the moment I have almost all the script proofread it by Qleaf.(He has done a wonderful job and I learn a lot from that experience.) I could still send you the link for future help, but I won't continue writing for a while. This is because I'm focusing on redesigning the visuals and have the game look good for the next update which is going to be BIGGER than before. Believe that.

Reactions: muttdoggy
Nov 16, 2016
Thank you for volunteer, but at the moment I have almost all the script proofread it by Qleaf.(He has done a wonderful job and I learn a lot from that experience.) I could still send you the link for future help, but I won't continue writing for a while. This is because I'm focusing on redesigning the visuals and have the game look good for the next update which is going to be BIGGER than before. Believe that.
Very cool, I played the game and must say I love it. If you do need any help you can always contact me. Best of luck!

Reactions: EzioTatsuya

EzioTatsuya

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone here is the latest build, it is mostly a bug fix and grammar error (thanks to Qleaf). I will now focus on the BIGGER build which is going to be an entirely different experience with a little taste of hotness (if you know what I mean). The link is in the first post, enjoy.

Alastaire

Apr 17, 2017
, there are alot of us here that are native English speakers (Some older than others I'm sure lol) that would be happy to help if needed. I like to think most are like me and would help just for the satisfaction of seeing a pretty interesting new game get off the ground, on that note while I am a native English speaking American that is sadly the only language I fluently speak lol. Happy to help in any way I can though if needed, just drop me a line.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote