3.70 star(s) 36 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It's a very unlucky profession. I thought about it, but don't think I could cope with all the bad luck to me, my family, my neighbors, my accountant and the poor guy who walked my dog 10 years ago.
Let's not forget our pet hamster, who may have died thrice in two years. Or our left loafer that was shredded when it got caught in the escalator at the mall, when we were shopping for a new SSD, because our dog passed away while eating the previous SSD. Or something like that. :whistle::giggle::sneaky::poop:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Let's not forget our pet hamster, who may have died thrice in two years. Or our left loafer that was shredded when it got caught in the escalator at the mall, when we were shopping for a new SSD, because our dog passed away while eating the previous SSD. Or something like that. :whistle::giggle::sneaky::poop:
you know that 1 dev had books of diseases vol 1 onwards to get excuses.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
My cat got hiccups and took me weeks to calm him down, I saw a really pretty butterfly and was temporarily blind for 3 months, dropped the soap in prison and now can't sit down, accidently locked myself in my basement for 2 months licking the pipes for water and eating rats I caught.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Poor Alfie. :cry: He got addicted to eating backyard grass. Everyone knows that's a gateway food to hard drives.
you know that 1 dev had books of diseases vol 1 onwards to get excuses.
Damn, there is such a thing?! Where the hell was that book when I was in school? :mad:

Anyway, at least in this case it's ICCreations, so it's fairly safe to say it's legit and not the first sign of quitting or anything. He's been doing this for his career for years now, has several completed games, and only — that I can remember — had one previous major pause. That was in maybe the latter ⅓ of F.I.L.F. But he's had his stride going again for something like 18 to 24 months or more now. So I don't think there's anything at all to worry about in this case. Not to mention, the last couple of updates of Altered Destiny have felt (to me, at least) like he's been really into where the story goes.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Anyway, at least in this case it's ICCreations, so it's fairly safe to say it's legit and not the first sign of quitting or anything. He's been doing this for his career for years now, has several completed games, and only — that I can remember — had one previous major pause. That was in maybe the latter ⅓ of F.I.L.F. But he's had his stride going again for something like 18 to 24 months or more now.
There was also IC in Paradise which ended up being abandoned, but that was his third game over 5 years ago.
So yeah, I'd say this issue is legit, and iirc it was treated far more seriously when someone here posted him announcing it in his discord server, rather than this post.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There was also IC in Paradise which ended up being abandoned, but that was his third game over 5 years ago.
So yeah, I'd say this issue is legit, and iirc it was treated far more seriously when someone here posted him announcing it in his discord server, rather than this post.
Ah, that's right. I can't remember for sure, but I think that was right around the time Patreon hired the Puritan Police and incest became verboten. At that point, I wonder if the dev decided that the game couldn't even be reworked, given the heavy focus on incest. That's a random guess, though, because titles like this one and F.I.L.F. clearly are written in such a way that it's possible (even if "officially" there isn't any).

It's been forever since IC in Paradise, so I can't even remember anymore really. But given it's the follow-up to Incest Adventure and The Artifact (both of which were solidly incest games) and part of the premise of IC in Paradise was that the incest continued with the same two families... yeah, I'm fairly confident the anti-incest Patreon shift sank that, since the dev would potentially get shut down for continuing it. Although, strictly speaking, nowadays he could always add a Subscribestar account and then finish IC in Paradise as an exclusive over there if he wanted. But at this point, I'm not sure he'd have the desire to return to it.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Ah, that's right. I can't remember for sure, but I think that was right around the time Patreon hired the Puritan Police and incest became verboten. At that point, I wonder if the dev decided that the game couldn't even be reworked, given the heavy focus on incest. That's a random guess, though, because titles like this one and F.I.L.F. clearly are written in such a way that it's possible (even if "officially" there isn't any).

It's been forever since IC in Paradise, so I can't even remember anymore really. But given it's the follow-up to Incest Adventure and The Artifact (both of which were solidly incest games) and part of the premise of IC in Paradise was that the incest continued with the same two families... yeah, I'm fairly confident the anti-incest Patreon shift sank that, since the dev would potentially get shut down for continuing it. Although, strictly speaking, nowadays he could always add a Subscribestar account and then finish IC in Paradise as an exclusive over there if he wanted. But at this point, I'm not sure he'd have the desire to return to it.
Not to mention it was an RPG Maker game, which isn't exactly a format that often gets incest patches. Probably why he moved to Ren'py afterwards

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes