4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Matt's Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
Just an FYI for those wondering, I said no to Futa content when prompted and basically there is no other content. The Futa characters even mock the MC for not wanting it, so regardless of what the developer says if you don't want Futa there is zero reason to try this game.
This is very misleading, because there is at least one scene with Gaiid and she's definitely not a futa. For the rest of your post, I think Avaron1974 summed it up absolutely perfectly. https://f95zone.to/threads/alterlife-v0-2-matts-games.159165/post-13868465

Matt's Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
I get it but complaining about piracy on a pirate site rarely goes well
This is not a complaint, but a description of how I perceive things.

(it's also some of the best advertising an adult dev can get and people will support you after finding your game here if you consistently produce)
We'll see.

Personally I wish I'd waited for the public release because this leak is broken; I've hit about a dozen traceback errors so far
I was wondering what errors you encountered. So far I know about one error, but I don't want to believe that there would be up to a dozen of them.

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
I'll be honest, this download post absolutely killed my spirit, my mood, and everything I had. It's basically the middle finger to all my hard work over the year that I've put into the game every single day. It's also a middle finger to all my patrons who have supported me and without whose support I could not continue.

The public version was supposed to be released in 3 weeks, not now. I have no words for this kind of behavior and I can't even tell you how much damage it has caused.
Ah, the irony of trying to preach morality in the pirate's den. It's like trying to teach a cat to bark – theoretically possible, but highly unlikely to yield any meaningful results.

Clearly the best way to reform a group of pirates is through a heartfelt lecture on the finer points of morality. I'm sure they'll be so moved by your words that they'll immediately hang up their hooks and turn to a life of honest work. Or, you know, they'll just plunder your ship for trying to impose your morals on them. Tough call.

• Haha
Reactions: Boyoz and Bingoogus

Matt's Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
Ah, the irony of trying to preach morality in the pirate's den. It's like trying to teach a cat to bark – theoretically possible, but highly unlikely to yield any meaningful results.

Clearly the best way to reform a group of pirates is through a heartfelt lecture on the finer points of morality. I'm sure they'll be so moved by your words that they'll immediately hang up their hooks and turn to a life of honest work. Or, you know, they'll just plunder your ship for trying to impose your morals on them. Tough call.
:rolleyes: I'm not preaching, I've described my point of view, but sure, take what you will from that.

Matt's Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
Attachments
Ok, I see the error I mentioned, you just ran into it in multiple places. You can avoid it by looking at Jaaga's feet and choosing one of the options. It's just my oversight when I wrote the code, for some reason I didn't double check return values and never actually run into this bug during my testings.

There's also a second bug, which unfortunately is missing image. I will fix both errors, thanks for showing me.

Reactions: Belphegor007

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder what I'm doing here and why this thread even exists.
While it is admittedly not the perfect solution F95 can be used, especially for new(er) projects as a place to get your game known. Then - after a while - having a good contact with your playerbase thru Patreon, discord, etc. will probs suffice. Many games used F95 for promotion and became successful (like for example - iirc - Nothing is Forever or Karlsson's Gambit). And while it is a pirate site - and the game will leak here no matter if this thread exists or not - there're a lot of people (me included) who find games here and donate to the devs if they like their games and the game is fairly frequently updated.

I do believe that 3 weeks of waiting is a reasonable idea, but it seems impossible to maintain, especially for games that are liked/popular (which in a way means you're doing a great job). I'll join your Patreon tomorrow (it's 6 am now and I need to go to sleep :) ). Have a good day!

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Ok, I see the error I mentioned, you just ran into it in multiple places. You can avoid it by looking at Jaaga's feet and choosing one of the options. It's just my oversight when I wrote the code, for some reason I didn't double check return values and never actually run into this bug during my testings.

There's also a second bug, which unfortunately is missing image. I will fix both errors, thanks for showing me.
I'm not into feet :cautious:

Aug 22, 2020
While it is admittedly not the perfect solution F95 can be used, especially for new(er) projects as a place to get your game known. Then - after a while - having a good contact with your playerbase thru Patreon, discord, etc. will probs suffice. Many games used F95 for promotion and became successful (like for example - iirc - Nothing is Forever or Karlsson's Gambit). And while it is a pirate site - and the game will leak here no matter if this thread exists or not - there're a lot of people (me included) who find games here and donate to the devs if they like their games and the game is fairly frequently updated.

I do believe that 3 weeks of waiting is a reasonable idea, but it seems impossible to maintain, especially for games that are liked/popular (which in a way means you're doing a great job). I'll join your Patreon tomorrow (it's 6 am now and I need to go to sleep :) ). Have a good day!
There are popular games with dev controlled threads that post the updates here with weeks of delay without it getting leaked (for example Femdom University Zero)

Reactions: Mister_M

Done2

Feb 22, 2023
I'll be honest, this download post absolutely killed my spirit, my mood, and everything I had. It's basically the middle finger to all my hard work over the year that I've put into the game every single day. It's also a middle finger to all my patrons who have supported me and without whose support I could not continue.

The public version was supposed to be released in 3 weeks, not now. I have no words for this kind of behavior and I can't even tell you how much damage it has caused.
Hey matt, oh that makes sense ... so sorry to hear that.
At least it is also a kind of "appreciation" of your work that the game got uploaded earlier. It shows that there is a high demand.
The game is very good, you are really building something awesome here.
I would like to support you, but i dont really like to register somewhere personally. Do you accept some kind of crpyto or something? (BTC, ETH, DOGE, etc).

Matt's Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for choosing to donate. I realize how difficult it is to keep something the way it was intended (3 weeks of waiting), and I wouldn't be so sad about this situation if it weren't for my patrons. As a developer, I don't really care if the game is leaked or not, I'm happy that someone is playing it, but from my perspective, one of the biggest benefits I can give my patrons is early (or earlier) access. It's probably a mistake on my end and I need to rethink how to be a better creator and do special things for my patrons, so in the end this leak might be good thing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ItzSpc and Mister_M

Matt's Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2023
I'm not into feet :cautious:
That's why I added the option to look at them, but ultimately refuse to go any further. You can also skip ahead until this option appears, or I've already fixed the bug, but the fixed version is only on my Patreon for a subscription. Or you can also wait 3 weeks for the public version.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021

I literally used the links in the OP - blame them, not me.

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes