3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
True and true, that I agree on. But as you can see, the one I answered specifically said that we, the players, did not see any sex-scene besides the Adam one as plot device in the previous game. (Where MC was also not present) As for most, we had only 3 Li in the last game, one of them was involved in said list, girl on girl (where I make no difference in the category of people having sex with others than MC). As for the "most of those are not LI's" I think that can be said as true for this game at its current state too, no?

For the peeping part, the first time we could avoid it. And honestly after choosing to, the single, blurry backgroundimage we see then for one more click, could not be taken as still peeping. For the second time, well everyone who played RTP knows that scene hopefully and liked the cameo. (as the new game obviously is set in the same city and timeframe as RTP) For the third time, back in Anne's house, I see it as plot device, hence not avoidable. Dev did it for a reason and I will stick with that.

Overall my suggestion would be, to all, wait for 2-3 updates until you judge this new game of Knobb. And THEN decide if it is interesting enough to follow its progress or not.

Just wait for more progress on character-development, you may be in for some surprises. :D
The other guy was talking about watching LIs having sex and he was right we didn't watch any LIs having sex without us in it so no NTR and the other people having sex and the MC did not just stand there and watched like a creep all those things matter and makes a HUGE difference and IF the characters we saw having sex turns out that neither of them are ROs then that's a different case (creeping on them aside of course) and there would be nothing to complain and no NTR to get mad at so we'll have to wait and see. Also how is watching Anne have sex help the plot in anyway?

I already said I'll wait and see what happens because the dev didn't disappoint with his last project and the Jensen is one of my favorite MCs.

Last edited:

Darkhound

Sep 2, 2017
The other guy was talking about watching LIs having sex and he was right we didn't watch any LIs having sex without us in it so no NTR and the other people having sex the MC did not just stand there and watched like a creep all those things matter and makes a HUGE difference and IF the characters we saw having sex turns out that neither of them are ROs then that's a different case (creeping on them aside of course) and there would be nothing to complain and no NTR to get mad so we'll have to wait and see. Also how is watching Anne have sex help the plot in anyway?

I already said I'll wait and see what happens because the dev didn't disappoint with his last project and the Jensen is one of my favorite MCs.
Don't want to argue further, you raise some interesting points, but as they go into the category of the long fought war of what is some three-letter-thing or not, I wont say anything more to that.
BUT
I was purely referring to point 2 in his post, where he refers to a scene regarding Adam, MC is not present too but you where "forced" to watch as well as Jensens sister and her suitor. Hope you understand what I mean, if not, thats ok too and I wont argue further, as this here is not the place to argue about RTP but AE if anything :D

For Anne's scene sadly I can not give more information, that would be MrKnobbs responsibility, since I don't want to spoil anything and am not here to give lectures about storytelling and intents why what is shown. Maybe the future updates will make it clearer, maybe not.

Jensen, I can fully agree, one of the few well rounded and mature characters, but that is the difference. He was a fully grown character, which our AE-MC is not. He has much room to grow and improve and so I look forward to what AE will bring us in the future.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
Good renders and a new promising game. I'm totally hooked.
But I've to say that. The " textbox background" and the text makes it difficult to read it's a blurry and you've to give extra focus to read the text.
I hope to be solved.

Reactions: mofonistik

misterf91

Apr 3, 2018
Same terrible English (far too many commas where there shouldn't be) and capital letters after .... where there shouldn't be but hey, getting used to that around here these days.
Hey there, I'm RTP's (and AE's) proofreader.

I'm sorry you find my writing quirks terrible, because while I expected some people wouldn't like them, I didn't think anyone would have such strong negative feelings about them.
As for the specific points you wrote about;

• I use commas and suspension points mostly as pacing mediums, to make sure the reader slows down (and picks up speed) according to how I want the text to be felt.
    For example, I may write "I know that too." or "I know that, too." depending more on the conversation's tone than on the actual meaning (if he/she knows that info between other info, or between other people)
    As a result, like you said, there may be commas in slightly weird places, but none are weird enough to alter the dialogue's meaning.
  • Capital letters are my bane apparently. They derive from what I intend "..." to represent in my writing.
    Whenever I use suspension points (and I know I use them a lot) the reason can be summed up to either dialogue sadness/awkwardness, or hard pauses (think of it like a middle ground between points and commas)
    So, while grammar sees them as comma substitutes, I believe a further distinction is needed between them, in the VN world.
    The reason I almost always capitalize letters after "..." is because I want you (readers) to think of it as two separate sentences, and not a single one with a short pause in between.
    You can very specifically see this example when someone's line is being cut short;
    "I thought you wer-..." as you can see, I use "..." when it happens because it serves as a point, but it's also softer than a point since the person wasn't done talking.
I hope this short explanation makes it easier for you to read through my writing.
You're the first person to voice your disapprovement with such a strong word ("terrible" English) since I started helping developers with their dialogues, and you can be sure I'll take your opinion to heart.

Thank you, and again, I'm sorry.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
here we have another game where the plot sounded interesting...so downloaded it.:unsure:
after a few minutes of play ... surprise !!! another peeping tom game. :rolleyes:
very momentous decisions... perv or respect ... i struggle very much ... at the end of the day i'm alone in bed waving myself off. :cry:

everything seems familiar to me but I don't know where I've seen it before ....maybe a déjà-vu.:cautious:

Reactions: mofonistik

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
It's narrative. I see many of you put the horse before the cart already. Character development has only started so take nothing you guys see now as law. All things will be revealed as we progress. Asami is the naughty one in the house if i can slip you guys a secret.
I get where you're coming from,its just that it's hard to start a game where everyone is changing NPC's and MC alike.

Realistic yes,because everyone grows and changes,that I agree with. Its just that everyone outside of Samara IMO,were really just kind of shitty human beings. And thats a hard hurdle to overcome,without resorting to either Deus ex machinas,or tropes.

Loved your last game,and still have high hopes for this one. But IMO,the beginning of this one was underwhelming.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hey...

Not sure i follow what you mean changing NPC's and MC alike?

As for the shitty human beings part, I will be revealing more character traits so dont fear things will be made clearer as we go on.

I get where you're coming from,its just that it's hard to start a game where everyone is changing NPC's and MC alike.

Realistic yes,because everyone grows and changes,that I agree with. Its just that everyone outside of Samara IMO,were really just kind of shitty human beings. And thats a hard hurdle to overcome,without resorting to either Deus ex machinas,or tropes.

Loved your last game,and still have high hopes for this one. But IMO,the beginning of this one was underwhelming.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
Hey...

As for the shitty human beings part, I will be revealing more character traits so dont fear things will be made clearer as we go on.
I for one am hopeful and we'll see how this goes and hopefully the peeping tom MC is just a one time thing and there is no more creepiness.

Last edited:

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Hey...

Normally in a game,like it will be the MC is shitty,and changes behavior throughout,the game,or the MC will stay the same and the NPC's change. Its rare to see a game where I'm hoping the MC,and the NPC's change their behavior because they all kind of suck.(Thats just my opinion,and I know its early.)

Reactions: MrFriendly

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It was done for a reason, you'll see in following episodes why and that they change... to me its pretty natural response why they reacted like that, but im sure many will find the reasoning strange.

Normally in a game,like it will be the MC is shitty,and changes behavior throughout,the game,or the MC will stay the same and the NPC's change. Its rare to see a game where I'm hoping the MC,and the NPC's change their behavior because they all kind of suck.(Thats just my opinion,and I know its early.)

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
It was done for a reason, you'll see in following episodes why and that they change... to me its pretty natural response why they reacted like that, but im sure many will find the reasoning strange.

Like I said I enjoyed your last game,so I'm hoping this one is just as good.

And I do look forward to seeing where the story is heading.

Like I said,I get it. Its very very early.

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
Needs NTR tag? :unsure:
Regardless of that, the only sex in the game is from watching other people doing the fucking while your character gets nothing, is that going to be a recurring thing in the game? Is it a voyeur fetish type of game or something like that? :unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: baka and MrFriendly

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
No!

ps. the game has no NTR

Regardless of that, the only sex in the game is from watching other people doing the fucking while your character gets nothing, is that going to be a recurring thing in the game? Is it a voyeur fetish type of game or something like that? :unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: acondo

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Yep, the only sex you have to watch, and its a scene i wanted everyone to go through was 3 some one. Still it's not NTR and will not be recurring so don't worry. The other options you can choose not to peep.

Maybe I just make the wrong choices, so I will have to replay it, because the only thing that my character did was watch other people having sex.

Reactions: c_oriole and acondo

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Developer's previous game had some sex scenes involving other people having sex. I won't be surprised if there are such scenes in this game too. All is well and good if those scenes doesn't have any of the LIs. Still i feel like there's no use of having sex scenes in the game which does not bring anything new to the story.

3.50 star(s) 90 Votes