Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
So what's new with the update? Rendering out some shit so I gave it a go, couldn't see anything different. Well, I did see a tit job from the ghost chick but I dunno if that's new or not.

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
MorahZamora, since you're here, I was wondering if you'd be willing to add more "corrupt" options for Danny in the future?
I personally don't much enjoy playing as the heroic type, and I really like when games give you a corrupt/sadistic route to take as well.

I understand that he starts out fairly heroic, but maybe he could become more corrupted through certain circumstances?
Idk, I just tend to prefer being a bit of an asshole in these types of games, so I'd be interested in more options that involve degradation/humiliation (in a somewhat cruel, sadistic way). Just something to consider.

Bob Bones

May 14, 2017
Just trying 0.4.1, got an error in the first visit to the park w/ Pauline. When the ghost octopus appears and touches Dash, it fails with "Couldn't find file 'characters/Dash Baxter/Flip/dash f85.png'". I haven't been able to get past this....

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
How do you beat the dragon in ep5 in the mall? Its mathematically imposible. There has to be some kind of strategy that I´m missing.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Just trying 0.4.1, got an error in the first visit to the park w/ Pauline. When the ghost octopus appears and touches Dash, it fails with "Couldn't find file 'characters/Dash Baxter/Flip/dash f85.png'". I haven't been able to get past this....
Just keep pressing ignore, it's looking for a couple dozen of images, but it's easy to get past. That's been fixed, noted, and going to be in a hot patch real soon.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
How do you beat the dragon in ep5 in the mall? Its mathematically imposible. There has to be some kind of strategy that I´m missing.
It's impossible if you click Ep 5 from the beginning, but you don't need to beat it. Just click "No" when it asks if you'd like to try again. It's possible by starting from the beginning and gaining experience and leveling up. Fixing it so your stats continued onward from the point of you playing last would be our dream scenario, but we're just not there at this moment in time, unfortunately.

Reactions: Unreal434

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
MorahZamora, since you're here, I was wondering if you'd be willing to add more "corrupt" options for Danny in the future?
I personally don't much enjoy playing as the heroic type, and I really like when games give you a corrupt/sadistic route to take as well.

I understand that he starts out fairly heroic, but maybe he could become more corrupted through certain circumstances?
Idk, I just tend to prefer being a bit of an asshole in these types of games, so I'd be interested in more options that involve degradation/humiliation (in a somewhat cruel, sadistic way). Just something to consider.
If you're looking for corrupt/sadistic game route, I would go to Taffy Tales and not here, and I mean that in a good way. I think that GZone and I are pretty kink interested, but we're just not corrupt oriented people at heart, and that reflects in our development. Especially when writing for a character like Danny Fenton, writing him making bad choices or "evil" routes has never felt right, so we just make it so he makes decisions with his dick instead of his head. That feels like a better route than to tamper too greatly to his moral outlook. Ya know what, down the line, a Dark Danny angle could be an element we throw in to give Danny a line of more sadistic route options, but we're just not there at the moment. Thanks for your input, of course. :)

HypnoFan1950

Jul 26, 2018
If you're looking for corrupt/sadistic game route, I would go to Taffy Tales and not here, and I mean that in a good way. I think that GZone and I are pretty kink interested, but we're just not corrupt oriented people at heart, and that reflects in our development. Especially when writing for a character like Danny Fenton, writing him making bad choices or "evil" routes has never felt right, so we just make it so he makes decisions with his dick instead of his head. That feels like a better route than to tamper too greatly to his moral outlook. Ya know what, down the line, a Dark Danny angle could be an element we throw in to give Danny a line of more sadistic route options, but we're just not there at the moment. Thanks for your input, of course. :)
Fair enough (and I appreciate that you're at least considering adding it in some form eventually).

But to clarify: What I'm speaking of doesn't necessarily need to be flat out "evil". To stay more in line with Danny's character, these options could just be a bit more selfish/mean-spirited, but viewed as ultimately harmless by Danny... However, the important part would be the effect that it has on the girls, which would be slightly less harmless. Basically, in these options, he could just be a bit more selfish, but still relatively naive, so that the end result is humiliating/degrading for the girl (So it potentially harms her self-confidence or reputation, but from Danny's perspective, the girl seems to be enjoying it as much as he is in the end, so it doesn't appear to be morally wrong).
I mean, I'd even be somewhat satisfied with options that just flat out ACCIDENTALLY end in the girl somehow being humiliated/degraded.

Either way though, I appreciate how often you seem to respond to everyone on here, and I've still been mostly enjoying the game so far (There just aren't currently many options that appeal to my taste).

Reactions: Morah SDG

Ryel

May 5, 2017
This update (4.1) is my first time playing this game and I just reached the genie fight. She seems impossible to beat.

My assessment of the situation:
- The fight with Tucker is relatively easy because of the Orgone Boost. Unfortunately the tactic of beating Tucker without the boost to save it for the genie doesn't work because you can't active the boost for the genie.
- After beating Tucker the game says Danny leveled up but that provides no extra stats or new abilities. So Danny has 300 HP and 150 EP for both fights. Basic punch deals 30 damage, Ghost Ray 60 damage. No way to interrupt or stun the enemy.
- Genie has 520 HP, Hammer attack deals 90 damage, "Charged" Beam deals 180 and cannot be avoided with Invisibility because she doesn't shoot as long as Danny is invisible so you either block and take 90 damage or attack and eat the whole thing and finally coming out of invisibility Hammer deals x1.5 damage (135). The only turn where she seem to do nothing is the first turn so Danny can get in a measly 30 damage for free.
- If I attack I'm also getting hit and due to the vast HP and damage gap this means I cannot win the fight. I need 18 turns with punches or 14 turns of punches +2 turns of Ghost Ray, 16 turns total to kill her. She needs 4 turns to kill me with her weak attack.

At this point I'm assuming there is either a bug somewhere or the fight was designed to be unbeatable without cheats/exploits.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
This update (4.1) is my first time playing this game and I just reached the genie fight. She seems impossible to beat.

- The fight with Tucker is relatively easy because of the Orgone Boost. Unfortunately the tactic of beating Tucker without the boost to save it for the genie doesn't work because you can't active the boost for the genie.
- After beating Tucker the game says Danny leveled up but that provides no extra stats or new abilities. So Danny has 300 HP and 150 EP for both fights. Basic punch deals 30 damage, Ghost Ray 60 damage. No way to interrupt or stun the enemy.
- Genie has 520 HP, Hammer attack deals 90 damage, "Charged" Beam deals 180 and cannot be avoided with Invisibility because she doesn't shoot as long as Danny is invisible so you either block and take 90 damage or attack and eat the whole thing and finally coming out of invisibility Hammer deals x1.5 damage (135). The only turn where she seem to do nothing is the first turn so Danny can get in a measly 30 damage for free.
- If I attack I'm also getting hit and due to the vast HP and damage gap this means I cannot win the fight. I need 18 turns with punches or 14 turns of punches +2 turns of Ghost Ray, 16 turns total to kill her. She needs 4 turns to kill me with her weak attack.

At this point I'm assuming there is either a bug somewhere or the fight was designed to be unbeatable without cheats/exploits.
I beat it just fine after maybe 1-2 failed attempts, and I don't do anything special to make sure the game is fair for regular players. I don't know what the main issue here is. I think it's a lot of RNG involved as well, some fights ARE I think impossible, but the game in total isn't impossible.

Hope you've enjoyed the experience otherwise. Have you also been upgrading your levels?

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018

It's been awhile since I played the game from the beginning so I don't know if it actually explains it but that icon of Danny in the upper left corner is what lets you assign stats after leveling up. I actually didn't discover this until today hah. It doesn't really tell you how much stats it will add until you actually make the choice and it doesn't seem like you can rearrange stats after selecting them so I would recommend saving before hand.

Ryel

May 5, 2017
I did upgrade my stats. I tried different configurations, too.
Before the Genie fight Danny gets 2 upgade points and 1 upgrade equals to +30 HP or +10 Damage or +30 EP. The closest I got to beating Genie was with one point on EP for an extra dodge or Ray (180 EP allows for 3 Rays or 6 Invisibilities). And one on Damage so Danny's punches deal 40 damage as decreases the needed turns to 13 punches. Genie seems to be prone to just spamming the Hammer (in my dozens of attempts) which makes this fight really hard as her higher HP + higher damage combined just outpaces the player's stats.
In the end I couldn't succeed and ended up using the HP cheat.

Otherwise I have been enjoying the game.
I really like the art, the animations were a big and very pleasent surprises. I did dislike a bit the blowjob scene of the genie, I was never a fan of the floating dick style.
I also like the branching paths, after playing all possible routes some are actually a bit hard to decide on and that is a plus.
I disliked the "meta" inserts or what are they called, Devs talking in the game and so on but I read here that has been already discussed. But generally speaking I found the writing decent. So far nothing groundbreaking I would say but that is not a downside.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Yes this is what appears. I redownloaded the game in OP just now and tried it again.
You gotta press it a good couple of times. It's looking for at least like half a dozen to a dozen images, just one after another. One pressing of "ignore" won't bypass the multiple images afterwards.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes