Loradeon

Oct 28, 2018
So whats in this new 4.1 patch. Cuz I cant seem to get any quests or anything past the episode 4 ones that came out with the last patch.
also, the Unlock All Scenes cheat doesnt work.

Reactions: gussyaleman

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
So whats in this new 4.1 patch. Cuz I cant seem to get any quests or anything past the episode 4 ones that came out with the last patch.
also, the Unlock All Scenes cheat doesnt work.
I did give this release a try and what I can tell you is that there is 2 new quests.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can see what people meant by the cringe/silly writing too. I personally don't mind developers wanting to put themselves in the game with dialogue..as long as it doesn't break the immersion too much.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
I did give this release a try and what I can tell you is that there is 2 new quests.

I can see what people meant by the cringe/silly writing too. I personally don't mind developers wanting to put themselves in the game with dialogue..as long as it doesn't break the immersion too much.
so how do we remove the 4 check boxes and get 2 new quests, the one you mention

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
So in the Desiree cowgirl scene, Desiree mentions not being able to get pregnant cause shes a ghost, but Box Lunch exists in the canon. The daughter of the Box Ghost and the Lunch Lady. Just wanted to throw that out there in case it gives the creators ideas for a "mistakes were made" story in the future.

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
so how do we remove the 4 check boxes and get 2 new quests, the one you mention
It sounds like you are either starting from the beginning of the game or are in some other Episode that isn't the latest update. You can't see the latest content of Episode 5 without actually being in Episode 5. So if you want to see the new content right away just start a new game and start from Episode 5.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Could you just put the option to name the relation? Many people do that instead. Make it so the game unlocks all those actions when family titles are inserted.
We don't like that idea, because then everything would be limited to one line of reference with regards to how Maddie would be addressed. Dialogue would end up sounding really strange. I've seen it happen before, and I don't want it to affect the quality of the writing in either storyline.

Reactions: Bloo

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I ended up getting multiple errors while helping out Pauline at the park. I was holding Skip if that matters. Pressed ignore after the one I posted here and a couple more popped up before continuing the event.
Yeah, I fixed that last night. Ren'Py can be very silly and stubborn when it comes to simply renaming a folder. If it's not what it's used to using, it'll either have to force itself to adapt or just refuse to work altogether, even though it would work just fine if it simply opened up and looked inside a newly named folder.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
l like the style, but in my opinion the speed of development is rather low
Me and Gzone wish we could work full time on this game, but we're not at that level. It's only the two of us, minus the animations guy, lnsc, who we commission for sketches for animation. GZone then has to line, color and do background work for any animation involved.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It's nice to see that the Devs were putting much effort in this update. I had my fun, for sure. But the writing was more than off the tracks. Especially the Sam part on the school dance.

Still a great thank you to GZone and MorahZamora and everyone else involved in this game.
If I may ask, what might I improve about the writing? I will say, watching some of the dialogue presented in the show again recently, I wasn't exactly thrilled with how the dynamic was shaping up between Sam & Danny, or I at least worry it was too quick for things to be happening this early along in the "show" as it were. I have to chalk it up to the idea that Sam got drunk and just got a little too open with her feelings this time around.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Sighs saying and old animation is new is kind of low.
I made the point of saying we incorporated older stuff back in during the previous Desiree update, cause I didn't want it to come across as saying "new", for the reasons you certainly feel. I didn't write the minimal changelog this time around, however, which is far shorter than the actual list of changes and implementations put in by the way. He said he hadn't put much effort into writing it because he was tired (understandably so, believe me) and just wanted to put the update out ASAP.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So started from episode one. There are no mods or anything but I am getting an exception couldn't find "characters/dash baxter/flip/dash f85.png" do you guys have a fix?
Fixed that last night, will put out a patch soon enough.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So, from what I've been reading there are some amount of bugs and the writing is cringy/cheesy in this release? That's pretty unfortunate. Oh well, I was planning to wait until the Maddie release anyhow. I do very much want to support this game on Patreon but only when content that appeals to me is being worked on.
If that's your prerogative, all power to you. :) I think the update after the next one (cause this was only half the update for the dance, we still have to put Paulina and Star in), will have exactly what you're looking for. I personally haven't found the errors present that people are noting (minus the Dash one, that one is pretty obvious, and has since been fixed, soon to be updated), but I can understand certain people just not liking the dialogue all that much , even though I've seen more positive feedback than bad. Maybe it was just this update, but I've also thought they've all been pretty similar in terms of quality... minus the self inserts we added recently... oof...
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.07.06 PM.png

Reactions: Setosu

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So in the Desiree cowgirl scene, Desiree mentions not being able to get pregnant cause shes a ghost, but Box Lunch exists in the canon. The daughter of the Box Ghost and the Lunch Lady. Just wanted to throw that out there in case it gives the creators ideas for a "mistakes were made" story in the future.
I explained it a little while ago, I don't think humans and ghosts can properly have babies together, even with half-ghost DNA involved. However, this is my justification for the answer, and I can't say even I fully agree with it. It's just so we don't have to do pregnancy until a more end-gamey feel to the game. Worse comes to worse, we'll say that Danny has to wear some sort've Ecto-belt to get ghosts pregnant or some such phoowie. It's all made up anyway, none of this is canon. Lol

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes