Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
For those of you interested (maybe 1 of you), I'm currently taking exact steps and measures to make sure that we don't have character portrait overlap anymore due to tab skipping through dialogue or pressing spacebar to speed along transition scenes.

qq47

Aug 4, 2018
Me and Gzone wish we could work full time on this game, but we're not at that level. It's only the two of us, minus the animations guy, lnsc, who we commission for sketches for animation. GZone then has to line, color and do background work for any animation involved.
It is not my business, but for 2 years of the game development is possible to make more. 600+ patrons is a good motivation. Anyway, I like your game and I respect you as a game developer, but I want to advice not to be lazy and you will get 6000+ patrons instead of 600+.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It is not my business, but for 2 years of the game development is possible to make more. 600+ patrons is a good motivation. Anyway, I like your game and I respect you as a game developer, but I want to advice not to be lazy and you will get 6000+ patrons instead of 600+.
Well I've only been on since September, and this has been my first big forray into game development. I also blame my own motivation, certainly, but we also literally cannot live off the amount of cash we're both earning, monthly, between the two of us, it's just not feasible. Our other priorities often take a good portion of our time outside of the game, unfortunately. I appreciate your feedback, of course! :cool:

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Again I don't think the cheat code working as mentioned before
Capitalization, underscores, pressing enter and not clicking the scene arrow, all very important steps.

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
If that's your prerogative, all power to you. :) I think the update after the next one (cause this is only half the update for the dance, we still have to put Paulina and Star in), will have exactly what you're looking for. I personally didn't find the errors present that people are noting (minus the Dash one, that one is pretty obvious, and has since been fixed, soon to be updated), but I can understand certain people not liking the dialogue the most, even though I've seen more positive than bad. Although maybe it was just this update, but I thought they were all pretty similar in terms of quality... minus the self inserts we added... oof...
After writing that post I did not think it was fair to give judgement solely on what others were saying so I decided to give this update a try.

Bugs: I didn't start from the beginning so I can't much comment on the bugs, Episode 5 had no problems for me whatsoever, not a bug in sight.

Combat: The fight in the mall with the Ghost Dragon felt a bit difficult. I was blocking when she was charging attacks and attacking when she wasn't but lost pretty badly. Since I started immediately with Episode 5 I miss out on some fights and therefor I miss out on leveling up so I can't win the fight without cheats. Honestly the combat isn't the main reason I play the game so it isn't a big deal to me but maybe if someone selects to start with a certain Episode you can level them up accordingly so they don't have to use cheat codes.

Writing: I actually really enjoyed it, Desiree slowly opening up to Danny is cute and how feisty/playful she was at the dance. I didn't see the problem that others with drunk Sam, think developers should be allowed a little freedom with how the characters act, as long as they don't stray too far. The Maddie content was cute at times too and could feel that sexual tension building up. The only cringe parts to me were the self insert parts hah. I think it's fine at the end or beginning of an Episode if you really want to do it but not randomly in the middle of the quests.

Animation/Art: Great as always, my only small gripe is the attempt making it look like the characters are talking. Desiree scene is not so bad with the lip movement but Sam's is kinda silly. It's admirable to want to make the scenes better but the mouth movements need to be more smooth/natural. Not trying to bash the animator as he/she does make great scenes but if it saves the animator time and saves you a bit of money you could probably skip animating the mouth.

Long post I know but I wanted to give my full feedback on the current state of the game. Despite my perverted want of more Maddie/Jazz content the game is still really enjoyable to me. The rate at which updates come out don't bother me because 1.) I am not a Patreon so to complain about something I am getting for free is really low. 2.) The low amount of people who are actually working on the game. If you guys were making as much as like..Summertime Saga then yeah..I would totally be on your case about the release schedule lol. Quality content that game may be but sheesh..the releases feel painfully slow for the amount of money he is making.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
After writing that post I did not think it was fair to give judgement solely on what others were saying so I decided to give this update a try.

Bugs: I didn't start from the beginning so I can't much comment on the bugs, Episode 5 had no problems for me whatsoever, not a bug in sight.

Combat: The fight in the mall with the Ghost Dragon felt a bit difficult. I was blocking when she was charging attacks and attacking when she wasn't but lost pretty badly. Since I started immediately with Episode 5 I miss out on some fights and therefor I miss out on leveling up so I can't win the fight without cheats. Honestly the combat isn't the main reason I play the game so it isn't a big deal to me but maybe if someone selects to start with a certain Episode you can level them up accordingly so they don't have to use cheat codes.

Writing: I actually really enjoyed it, Desiree slowly opening up to Danny is cute and how feisty/playful she was at the dance. I didn't see the problem that others with drunk Sam, think developers should be allowed a little freedom with how the characters act, as long as they don't stray too far. The Maddie content was cute at times too and could feel that sexual tension building up. The only cringe parts to me were the self insert parts hah. I think it's fine at the end or beginning of an Episode if you really want to do it but not randomly in the middle of the quests.

Animation/Art: Great as always, my only small gripe is the attempt making it look like the characters are talking. Desiree scene is not so bad with the lip movement but Sam's is kinda silly. It's admirable to want to make the scenes better but the mouth movements need to be more smooth/natural. Not trying to bash the animator as he/she does make great scenes but if it saves the animator time and saves you a bit of money you could probably skip animating the mouth.

Long post I know but I wanted to give my full feedback on the current state of the game. Despite my perverted want of more Maddie/Jazz content the game is still really enjoyable to me. The rate at which updates come out don't bother me because 1.) I am not a Patreon so to complain about something I am getting for free is really low. 2.) The low amount of people who are actually working on the game. If you guys were making as much as like..Summertime Saga then yeah..I would totally be on your case about the release schedule lol. Quality content that game may be but sheesh..the releases feel painfully slow for the amount of money he is making.
Greatly appreciate the feedback, and I agree 100% with what you're saying. I'll try to keep the amount of self inserts to a minimal when it's not needed, because we're not trying to make a thing out of it, story-wise.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I've been getting an error starting from Episode 1, around the time the octopus ghost pops out of the box Dash gets for Paulina. Missing image, maybe?
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' 'characters/Dash Baxter/Flip/dash f85.png'>:
  File "game/code/Paulina_Park_Attack_MZ.rpy", line 211, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/Dash Baxter/Flip/dash f85.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "code/Paulina_Park_Attack_MZ.rpyc", line 211, in script
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/code/Paulina_Park_Attack_MZ.rpy", line 211, in <module>
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1360, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Files\Adult\AmityPark-0.4.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/Dash Baxter/Flip/dash f85.png'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
AmityPark 0.4.1
Wed Jan 30 19:32:59 2019
Yeah, I fixed that last night. Ren'Py can be very silly and stubborn when it comes to simply renaming a folder. If it's not what it's used to using, it'll either have to force itself to adapt or just refuse to work altogether, even though it would work just fine if it simply opened up and looked inside a newly named folder. It makes tidying up and organizing things a pain in the ass, sadly.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Yeah, I fixed that last night. Ren'Py can be very silly and stubborn when it comes to simply renaming a folder. If it's not what it's used to using, it'll either have to force itself to adapt or just refuse to work altogether, even though it would work just fine if it simply opened up and looked inside a newly named folder. It makes tidying up and organizing things a pain in the ass, sadly.
Yeah, I checked back a page and saw I wasn't the only one who had the error so I deleted my post, thanks for getting it fixed. Great looking game, hopefully you get the patch out soon so I can get to the rest of it!

Reactions: Morah SDG

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, I checked back a page and saw I wasn't the only one who had the error so I deleted my post, thanks for getting it fixed. Great looking game, hopefully you get the patch out soon so I can get to the rest of it!
Well, can't you just hit the ignore button a few times to get past it? What version are you using, system wise?

Reactions: MurkyTurtle

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
Greatly appreciate the feedback, and I agree 100% with what you're saying. I'll try to keep the amount of self inserts to a minimal when it's not needed, because we're not trying to make a thing out of it, story-wise.
Definately not trying to take away your fun hah, it's just a time and place thing. Maybe you could self insert with something like tips. If someone gets stuck on a quest and is not sure what to do next (Even though the quests are pretty simple and straight forward..you do have those individuals heh) they can select a hint/tip option and Morah or Gzone come to the rescue and add commentary.

P.S - It's great to see a developer so responsive and communicative with their fans, so kudos for that.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Ahh, that did it, I just didn't hit it enough times when I tried earlier so I didn't think it was having any effect.
Yeah, there's a couple of images it's looking for with regards to that scene, so once it gets past those, it should be good to go. :)

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Definately not trying to take away your fun hah, it's just a time and place thing. Maybe you could self insert with something like tips. If someone gets stuck on a quest and is not sure what to do next (Even though the quests are pretty simple and straight forward..you do have those individuals heh) they can select a hint/tip option and Morah or Gzone come to the rescue and add commentary.

P.S - It's great to see a developer so responsive and communicative with their fans, so kudos for that.
We have that in the Quest Log booklet, giving hints as to the next quest's current objective, but maybe putting in a little Tip button that cycles through a couple dozen tips would be cool! That's a nice idea.

Reactions: Setosu
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes