Some_Guy86

Apr 12, 2023
Yo can I have that? I gotta refresh my memories on how it used to be.
Thanks.
I suppose I could upload v0.95 but I don't see the point, seeing that it is one of the most recent versions out there. There is much easier way to do it, check out their official discord channel & simply download v0.95 under "#Game Download Links".

You can even choose between PC, Mac & Android versions (y)

Reactions: Drakenite

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
It wasn't for no reason, it was to get another artist so he could focus on other things, but clearly, it did not go as easily as planned.
It never does. I can't think of any games on this site where the developer starting to make enough money to hire additional people actually resulted in the game being finished more quickly.

In the best case scenarios they managed to keep the same pace of content output, but with slightly increased quality. Like adding more/better animations when before they weren't able to.

In most cases the pace of content output actually decreases, sometimes significantly.

I assume this is because most people who are good at doing one person development are not necessarily good at managing other people (including the HR/accounting aspect of it) and at managing projects. All the frictions that arise from suddenly having to coordinate and communicate tasks between multiple people, including the fact that a one person developer probably didn't exactly document all the stuff they had been doing particularly well.

And, there is probably the idea among at least some of those developers that now that they busted their asses to become successful, they can take the foot off the gas and not quite bust their asses so much by hiring other people to do that work instead.

So instead of one fairly talented and motivated developer (I assume if they make a game that is successful they have some relevant talents) being able to focus most of their efforts on creating the game, now that fairly talented and motivated developer spends much of their time and effort trying to wrangle work out of people who are most likely not as talented and motivated. And that developer is likely not particularly talented at that kind of project management.

Now I wouldn't want to dictate to developers what they do or how they try to manage their businesses as I am a non-paying pirate consumer. But I have started to immediately assume the game is about to enter a very troubled period of development with much slower updates when I see developers excitedly make updates about how they are going to hire people to help them. But if they have dreams of leading a team of developers, I guess that is part of chasing that dream.

I would much rather they just keep banking all that money and keep on working like they had been. Maybe they could try to contract out certain tasks that they can clearly define, but even that might wind up being a huge distraction and time/money sink if they aren't able to get what they need out of the contractor. Either because the contractor is not that competent or because they didn't properly define the work they needed that contractor to do.

If they want to have a team of people, I think starting that on their next project is a much better approach. They can plan it that way from that start and not try to bring several new people onto a project midstream. And they may want to consider actually hiring some kind of project manager, or at least taking some project management courses themselves, if they do plan on having a team.

Last edited:

iron4doves

Dec 28, 2018
Well, I've come again to see if this has been abandoned or not, which means that we should be due an update in a couple days lol, assuming it isn't actually abandoned

cobrakramer

May 30, 2021
Look.... I never watched this cartoon. But the mom, holy shit. I mean holy fucking shit she is hot!!!

This is one of favorite projects on f95. If this project is dead or alive, who cares. It was fantasic work. I'll take more, whenever time is found to develop more.

So quit trying to shit on the creator for inconvienient updates. Just enjoy what the dude puts out for us.

Some_Guy86

Apr 12, 2023
Like I said above, the project is still very much alive. Just because Stream guy says it is dead doesn't mean he is right. The next update is already coming along, although we PROBABLY won't be seeing it for a while longer, several more months at least.

Again, like I said - we get one update every year, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Still better than being abandoned altogether if you ask me, and they even have future plans (after wrapping up the game, following the upcoming update) to make AP more episodic so to speak, and less linear.

Some_Guy86

Apr 12, 2023
is this ever going to update?
Literally two posts above...

Like I said above, the project is still very much alive. Just because Stream guy says it is dead doesn't mean he is right. The next update is already coming along, although we PROBABLY won't be seeing it for a while longer, several more months at least.

Again, like I said - we get one update every year, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Still better than being abandoned altogether if you ask me, and they even have future plans (after wrapping up the game, following the upcoming update) to make AP more episodic so to speak, and less linear.

Reactions: flippy-flipenstain
3.70 star(s) 61 Votes