3.50 star(s) 187 Votes

black_N_white

Oct 23, 2017
funny enough she keeps getting more and more patreons instead of losing them. so don't expect regular updates. after all it took 6 months for v0.2 to come out after game released back in january. when i saw "next update end of august" and regular updates after that on her patreon i knew it was too good to be true. thats too bad, go sub to her patreon more so she has more of a reason to not post anything for as long as she can. just like lewdisland dev and many others that have been mentioned

Griswold

May 24, 2019
So you guys think there is a real chance that the game will go on and we will be surprised one day with an update?

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
wth are you talking about?!
amnesia lives (and grows more and more everyday)!!!
p.s.
if "rip amnesia" is true then update should be here already:WeSmart:
Presumably. If you check till Aug 24 developer posted almost weekly on his/her paetron page. Since 24 Aug, pretty much for a month there isn't any kind of communcation from him/her at all. So something going on and nobody knows for sure what. He works quitely to fix a problem and only comes back with a good news it's possible, but unlikely same like completly abandoned the project and doesn't give a fuck. My guess would be he/she had some major distraction family issue, being in hospital, ect... but as i said its all speculation.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hello.

Sorry for the long delay with the update status.

For the last weeks I have been completely deep inside in the process and tried to optimize work processes as much as possible. I spent all my time on this.

Today is the first day when I received a test build of v0.3 from my programmer, and we are already working on fixing bugs. As I expected, the complexity was caused by the interface elements, this is the main reason for the delay. But now we need to do all this work with high quality, so as not to come back to it later.

Interesting, I put in order most of my plans and ideas about the current project. I have brought together planned locations, planned new characters, connections between characters, their traits, and so on. In general, I worked with the content of the game in general. It turned out that the game will have over 75 characters and dozens of locations. But these figures will increase in this, I am absolutely sure.

In order not to get confused in all this, the diary will have a tab with active tasks with a detailed description, as well as a tab with characters with a description of all the important actions that the player performed with each of them and which will affect to the plot.

It's also interesting, for the first time I made animations with 300 frames, there will be two of them, and they will be in version 0.4 (Hot Scene). I have never done such lengthy animations. I liked the result, but it still does not reach the level that I want to present in the game. I plan to improve my animation skills as I want these scenes to be really high quality.

I already have many ideas about what scenes will be in the game, and with whom and how in details! However, they are so hot that I need to wait with them to warm up the situation before! -) But I can't wait to work with them.

I also mastered a new program that helps me very quickly navigate the future plot, easily change and correct it. Which will certainly help me see the big picture and create interesting plot twists.

I do my best to reduce the release time to what is acceptable for me! But I still can't do it. But I will be try in further

With respect! Super Alex

Stay in touch.

v0.3:

Today I started testing the game, and we are working on improving the interface.

v0.4:

In principle, everything is ready, it remains to render several animations. My computer is continue running nonstop.

Made now (v0.4):

Posed Images: 274

Rendered Images: 274 (no animations)

Posed Animations: 38 (Total)

Rendered Animations: 34 (1970 images)

Eyes’s Animations: 11 (Total)

New locations: 6 (Total)

New characters: 7 (Total)

v0.5:

I collected content and prepared a lot of materials for further work, at the same time, I built a plot arc for this version. Prepared new characters that will appear in this version. Some of the dialogues have been written.

Now I will be deep in testing and finalizing version 0.3, and as soon as we release the next release, I will immediately start producing pictures and animations.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

I am starting a series of monthly banners.
This month I selected Elena, Next month I will do Alexandra and then Eva and Kate. These girls scored the most votes as the most interesting. Then, there will be standard votes for patrons, on the basis of which I will make the next banners.

-----

October will be a good month :love:

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
Presumably. If you check till Aug 24 developer posted almost weekly on his/her paetron page. Since 24 Aug, pretty much for a month there isn't any kind of communcation from him/her at all. So something going on and nobody knows for sure what. He works quitely to fix a problem and only comes back with a good news it's possible, but unlikely same like completly abandoned the project and doesn't give a fuck. My guess would be he/she had some major distraction family issue, being in hospital, ect... but as i said its all speculation.
Well. Sometimes feels good to be wrong. :D

Speedy1505

Jul 1, 2018
on German..... (4x)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 112, in script call
    call screen openeyes
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 154, in script call
    call screen firstchoicescreen
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 17, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 25, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 34, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 45, in script call
    call screen secondchoicescreen
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 60, in script call
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 226, in script call
    call screen thirdchoicescreen
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 147, in script call
    call screen choise4
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 256, in script call
    call screen alexmet1
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 247, in script call
    call screen alexmet2
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 478, in script call
    call screen peeker1
  File "game/tl/german/scenario.rpy", line 2689, in script
    mc "{i}(Ich muss ihnen helfen, irgendwie...){/i"
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'{i}(Ich muss ihnen helfen, irgendwie...){/i'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 112, in script call
    call screen openeyes
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 154, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 17, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 25, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 34, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 45, in script call
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 60, in script call
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 226, in script call
    call screen thirdchoicescreen
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 147, in script call
    call screen choise4
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 256, in script call
    call screen alexmet1
  File "game/choices.rpy", line 247, in script call
    call screen alexmet2
  File "game/scenario.rpy", line 478, in script call
    call screen peeker1
  File "game/tl/german/scenario.rpy", line 2689, in script
    mc "{i}(Ich muss ihnen helfen, irgendwie...){/i"
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\character.py", line 572, in display_say
    what_text.update()
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "O:\AMNESIA\AMNESIA-0.2b-win\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'{i}(Ich muss ihnen helfen, irgendwie...){/i'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
AMNESIA 0.2c
Mon Sep 21 15:53:21 2020

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Hello, someone can tell me why Alex switched Unity for Renpy ?
Unity is so much better and so much faster for a VN.

With LM, we had monthly update. After 1 year we only have 2 updates.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

majority of players prefer renpy, as you can see from percentage of renpy games in this site as well.
im not that sure about "unity is so much better and so much faster for vns", though it has some advantages, in case of poor optimization (which is not that rare) it could be one of the worst game engines one can choose.
regarding slow updates, just read a few dev updates/posts in this thread - this game has a serious issue with a coder, and it is not resolved yet as it seems...

black_N_white

Oct 23, 2017
"game will have over 75 characters" yikes dude..the classic useless side characters that delay content with main girls again..and this time taken to an extreme level lmao

Reactions: UncleNanard

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

I'm playing and have played few unity games and still prefer renpy since easier interface and saves are easier to move since it seems that each unity-game has own save system.

Reactions: Edrick23

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

Hello.

Sorry for the long delay with the update status.

For the last weeks I have been completely deep inside in the process and tried to optimize work processes as much as possible. I spent all my time on this.

Today is the first day when I received a test build of v0.3 from my programmer, and we are already working on fixing bugs. As I expected, the complexity was caused by the interface elements, this is the main reason for the delay. But now we need to do all this work with high quality, so as not to come back to it later.

Interesting, I put in order most of my plans and ideas about the current project. I have brought together planned locations, planned new characters, connections between characters, their traits, and so on. In general, I worked with the content of the game in general. It turned out that the game will have over 75 characters and dozens of locations. But these figures will increase in this, I am absolutely sure.

In order not to get confused in all this, the diary will have a tab with active tasks with a detailed description, as well as a tab with characters with a description of all the important actions that the player performed with each of them and which will affect to the plot.

It's also interesting, for the first time I made animations with 300 frames, there will be two of them, and they will be in version 0.4 (Hot Scene). I have never done such lengthy animations. I liked the result, but it still does not reach the level that I want to present in the game. I plan to improve my animation skills as I want these scenes to be really high quality.

I already have many ideas about what scenes will be in the game, and with whom and how in details! However, they are so hot that I need to wait with them to warm up the situation before! -) But I can't wait to work with them.

I also mastered a new program that helps me very quickly navigate the future plot, easily change and correct it. Which will certainly help me see the big picture and create interesting plot twists.

I do my best to reduce the release time to what is acceptable for me! But I still can't do it. But I will be try in further

With respect! Super Alex

Stay in touch.

v0.3:

Today I started testing the game, and we are working on improving the interface.

v0.4:

In principle, everything is ready, it remains to render several animations. My computer is continue running nonstop.

Made now (v0.4):

Posed Images: 274

Rendered Images: 274 (no animations)

Posed Animations: 38 (Total)

Rendered Animations: 34 (1970 images)

Eyes’s Animations: 11 (Total)

New locations: 6 (Total)

New characters: 7 (Total)

v0.5:

I collected content and prepared a lot of materials for further work, at the same time, I built a plot arc for this version. Prepared new characters that will appear in this version. Some of the dialogues have been written.

Now I will be deep in testing and finalizing version 0.3, and as soon as we release the next release, I will immediately start producing pictures and animations.
I've been learning this, I've been planning that... Such a long text yet so little relevant information.

Let me summarize the most necessary questions this post raises in my opinion:
- v.0.3 when?
- Programmer still no good?
- 75 characters? Crazy you?

Hopefully we'll get some answers soon.

3.50 star(s) 187 Votes