RPGM An Alchemist's Tale [3.2 Alpha] [Captain Allegretto Games]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Green isn't appearing in the grove on mon/wed/friday, morning OR afternoon. Nor any other day. Help?
one of the more complicated eventspages in the game. could be any number of switches stuck on or green's story variable getting set too low somehow. if you can send a save i can examine it to see what's happened and fix it for you.

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Ah, ok you're at the beginning of her quest not bugged out. In the center of the grove is a sparkling event, click that and time will pass as allen waits around hoping to find her, do this again another day and she will appear. (you can quickpass time in the grove with the debug wand already in your inventory.

NotInconnu

Aug 14, 2018
Ah, ok you're at the beginning of her quest not bugged out. In the center of the grove is a sparkling event, click that and time will pass as allen waits around hoping to find her, do this again another day and she will appear. (you can quickpass time in the grove with the debug wand already in your inventory.
Am I blind? I literally never saw any such sparkle :p

Edit:Yes I am. You put it on the dirt where the color contrast was minimal :p

Reactions: Captain_Allegretto

NotInconnu

Aug 14, 2018
For orc scene just keep entering and leaving the grove when the harpy is there until you hear a different music, then approach. (Just checked it should be an 8% trigger rate)

for domming Green it's a percent chance based on strength, brace for impact for the best roll, save scum for ease, if strength is 5 or greater you can autowin.
How on earth do you train strength to 5? Cutting wood doesn't do anything at 4...

Edit, so as to not double post: Found bug. Billia's BJ scene's final image got stuck on my screen. Saving and loading did not fix. Debug wand appears to have no function for clearing images.

Last edited:

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
How on earth do you train strength to 5? Cutting wood doesn't do anything at 4...

Edit, so as to not double post: Found bug. Billia's BJ scene's final image got stuck on my screen. Saving and loading did not fix. Debug wand appears to have no function for clearing images.
the strength thing is a bug, there's a > 4 in wes's event instead of a >= so that'll be fixed next version, it only prevents the Green Autowin condition which is only some textual differences so it's not a gamebreak at the moment.

for Bilia's BJ there's a lot of parallel event nonsense happening so I'm not too surprised there exists a condition that can cause this. I'll have to reexamine and add some failsafe logic to prevent it. In the meantime sleeping should clean up any loose pictures. as should the debug wand "next day" trigger. if it's not clearing for those I'll have to add a script to make sure it does properly.

NotInconnu

Aug 14, 2018
the strength thing is a bug, there's a > 4 in wes's event instead of a >= so that'll be fixed next version, it only prevents the Green Autowin condition which is only some textual differences so it's not a gamebreak at the moment.

for Bilia's BJ there's a lot of parallel event nonsense happening so I'm not too surprised there exists a condition that can cause this. I'll have to reexamine and add some failsafe logic to prevent it. In the meantime sleeping should clean up any loose pictures. as should the debug wand "next day" trigger. if it's not clearing for those I'll have to add a script to make sure it does properly.
Neither of those work. :p

• Thinking Face

ScarletHarlot

Jul 4, 2018
I may have commented this before but enjoyed the game a lot! I'm gay so only really interested in M/M content, which there isn't a ton of yet still, but I liked all that was in it! Really excited for more bar content, and hopefully holding out for some Jamie / Jek stuff :)

hope you enjoy making the game as much as i liked playing it

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
How’s development coming along?
Ok, it was pretty slow going for start of fall but i've just finished writing for 1.7 so that's not far away now.

I may have commented this before but enjoyed the game a lot! I'm gay so only really interested in M/M content, which there isn't a ton of yet still, but I liked all that was in it! Really excited for more bar content, and hopefully holding out for some Jamie / Jek stuff :)

hope you enjoy making the game as much as i liked playing it
Thanks! Yea there's more bar content coming in 1.7, both with Janna and with warren (separately).

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Any news about the update?
Writings effectively done, need my proofreader to go over one last one, implementation is midway. Then test, add new bugs, and release. Hoping for the weekend.

Edit: lost my whole Saturday so will be grinding tomorrow after work for hopeful a teusday morning upload

Key: (writing%,In-game%)
1.7 in prog.PNG

Last edited:

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Please feel free to drop feedback or any bugs you find. In particular this update redoes the wood-chopping mini-game, this one should have much better lag resistance and more obvious feedback of how close you are to finishing, right now you can only fail via inactivity. if this method feels better for people i will be replacing the snake crush and Green's random roll with versions of this mini-game (at different difficulties). You'll notice this mini-game actually scales with strength as well. becoming much easier with each point and basically trivial at Str 3+

Gdrive and Mega links contain credits and walkthrough.

EDIT: Mega and Gdrive links contain a patch file that fixes a bug in updating save files from 1.6->1.7 not correctly starting Janna quest. if you load on old save and can't do the research you'll need this.

V1.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - -
Mac: - -

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 15 Votes